Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Liar Game Chapter 155 Discussion/156 Prediction

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game Chapter 155 Discussion/156 Prediction

This is the thread where you discuss the current chapter of Liar Game.
    24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

New chapter is out.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 155 Discussion/156 Prediction

Well, that was a bit anti-climatic, the stupidity, greed and manipulation of the players continues. Once again the culprit for making team Aki lose is one of the people his teammate Nao is trying to safe. Pathetic, once again, Baldy is really THE backstabber. :/

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

-Someone needs to tell Harimoto that he is retarded. His justification for his actions was incredibly pitiful. It was a waste of space in the chapter and an insult to the other characters and readers.

-Harimoto's pursuit of 1st place is going to cost him more money than he is going to make. I know he needs to save face in front of his followers which requires a win, but he just handed Akiyama 301 coins. That puts Akiyama at something like 500 and in great shape to either abandon everyone and make off like a bandit or just outspend and outmaneuver Harimoto to save anyone or screw with Harimoto. (This should be obvious to anyone, but the observers are a little slow)

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the problem is that we are basically following two plots, one is the game and the other is the characters that are playing that game. The game can be simple, though this IS the Liar Game, so the players have a huge role in it. The other story is where they trick each other, the one where even the reader is take away from what is really important and that is following the game a bit more closely to understand the actions of the characters. Sadly things like: Nao's cosmopolitan plan, Harimoto's religion and Akiyama being all quite is a distraction. Even the LGT guys get caught up in watching the drama that they need to rewind everything.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think part of it is that he's trying to break down Nao's control of the game, by pushing the idea that no matter what she does none of them will trust each other.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

What i find pitiful in this chapter is how Harimoto is like "yeah, look at that, the guy was told to put 230 coins and he put 300 in! He didn't do what he was told because he thought I would try to get his lot and thus put more than him, so he's the bad guy!"... But... Well yeah Harimoto indeed put more, and indeed got the lot for himself... But noone ever said anything to that, wtf?
    That's a very messed up game, I loved all the previous games (except for the chairs one, cause it's easy to get a guy that's not playing to follow other playing dudes to get the chairs locations, but no one even think of this really simple but effective strategy...), but this game here is really making the manga go down in my opinion...
    Don't misunderstand me, I'll continue reading it, and all, but I hope that messed up game will be dealt with soon enough, and the next one won't have so many huge flaws...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the magazine on break or is it just Liar Game? If it is just Liar Game, that is beyond hilarious.

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Strange that there was no announcement on the final page, I think Kaitani usually does tell when he is on a break, though I guess he only does it for a hiatus. But it is one week I suppose, since Heiji said when it will resume.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, we get an answer to the question of how many chapters Kaitani stocked up during the hiatus: not many.

And there is absolutely nothing unreasonable about taking a week break less than a month after an almost 6 month break.

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    So, we get an answer to the question of how many chapters Kaitani stocked up during the hiatus: not many.

And there is absolutely nothing unreasonable about taking a week break less than a month after an almost 6 month break.
    That, and we are still in the early stages of this arc, at least for me, we have not gotten pass 20 chapters, usually Kaitani may wrap it up in about 30, since it is a revival round, though the bigger ones go further. But I can see 25-30 chapters as a reasonable conclusion to the arc. Though I suppose no more breaks, since it will wrap things up quicker. It's in the best interest to get this arc finished, of everyone I think.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think what would be in the best interest of everyone would be for the publishers to tell Kaitani that he can't turn Liar Game into Hunter X Hunter or Vagabond or any of the other series that is constantly on indefinite hiatuses. Either commit to the series (that means reasonable hiatuses to figure out the plot and a few 1-week breaks during the year. Basically in line with what everyone else does) or end it after the arc.

I actually kind of wonder if the series wouldn't benefit tremendously from a shift to a monthly magazine.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Telling him to end it wouldn't make them any money, so I can't imagine that being in their best interests.. Whether they could tell him to just stop taking breaks probably depends a lot on his relationship with the editors.

Going monthly would probably be ideal, though with Monthly Young Jump gone I dunno if they'd do that.

Maybe it could go Biweekly like Gantz?
    Last edited by Galactic Tomahawk; September 13, 2012 at 08:05 PM.

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, monthly, Liar Game will be a lot more fun, I think Kaitani can pull off more than 50 pages, maybe he can go as far as 70, I think his paneling will be able to cover a lot in a month. There is a lot of content weekly, since Liar Game is mostly about the words and not the drawings, though the drawings add to the atmosphere. But it will not happen, this is just some writer crisis, writers block I presume.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game being constantly on hiatus doesn't make them any money, so it is a moot point. The issue is divorcing themselves of a massive pain in the ass. Can you imagine running a business in which you never know if an employee will do their work or if their vacations will turn into indefinite sabbaticals? Even if they bring in money, they are unlikely to be worth the trouble they cause, especially if their special treatment causes resentment among the other employees. But who knows Shueisha's economics. With the manga industry suffering as much as it is, maybe they cannot afford to put their foot down to make a point.

And I don't think this is simply writers block. I think Kaitani just doesn't care about Liar Game anymore. I don't fault him for that if it is true because the manga industry is soul crushing for a lot of different reasons, but if it is true, I do fault him for how he has handled the situation. Jerking around your readers is never ok.

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it hard to devout to this manga? I think he was really into in since he introduced new villains and stuff in the previous arc, the previous arc was his longest as well. Plus Nao got character development, is this arc missing Fukunaga perhaps? Even Yokoya, but we do get the two major plot points he is trying to pull with this arc: more Nao development, and more deconstruction of harimoto's group.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast