Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the chapter!

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

1 20.00%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

1 20.00%
  • Great

3 60.00%
  • Epic!

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Liar Game Chapter 156 Discussion/157 Prediction

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 156 Discussion/157 Prediction

Gonna be honest, I'm getting bored with this.

Also tired of seeing Nao's mouth open in a large O ever page.

Might just take a long break and try to read it all once this game is finished.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Tomahawk View Post
    Last page is missing from some sites, but present on others. Took me like three tries before I found it.

Spoiler show
    Ah yeah, interesting twist, though with all of their hidden cameras and stuff how come the LGT people are surprised as well? Or do they know?

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Could we get both ways? Like Harimoto as the spiritual leader the one who gets people on his side by manipulating hearts(as was described in the manga), and Kimura the brain? (the sort of manipulative brain that Yokoya and Aki have)...I dunno...it just seems weird...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    If so, it would have to be such that Mikamoto and Abe do not know. Cult leaders are essentially god figures and it destroys the image when they have a member that is smarter than them.
    Maybe they are both co-equal or something like that, well they all make the decisions together, we have not seen them debate though. But going that we kind of always thought Kimura was second in command I remember Harimoto always giving her stuff to do apart from the other, she was his first choice, so yeah I wonder what kind of mind game is played on Abe and Mikamoto.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I'm new at posting here, but I've been lurking for a while (mostly to check up on hiatus news). Nice to meet you! )

I think that Kimura being the brains (and thus the true leader--in the context of the Liar Game, at least) behind the Harimoto group isn't so far-fetched. In the musical chairs game, she was the one the group voted to be the "vote leader." And she was the one Harimoto trusted (I use the word trust here loosely) enough to give access to his tablet. Of course, it might just be because she has the highest position among the other "members" in the group. This could be a good reason for letting her be the vote leader in the musical chairs game (remember that none of the other factions used their real leader--unless you count Nao). But, it's a pretty big risk for Harimoto to trust someone else with the operation of his tablet (especially in light of the weakening of Abe's beliefs). So it's either he has leverage over Kimura that ensures her complete loyalty, or she's the real boss and Harimoto has no choice but to follow her plans (because it's convenient for him and/or he can't think of a better plan).

Or maybe it's simply because no one else could have pulled off (or not embarrassed with doing) the spirit dance. )

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi malicere and welcome!~

What I'd like to add to your post is the members of Harimoto's group are pretty much unknown so the author is in a comfortable place to move the story in this direction...I also don't think that there's a clear hierarchy in terms of who controls whom in the group...I think Kimura is dependent on Harimoto's skills and viceversa...

Now the thing that bothers me a little bit is that, Yokoya didn't even suspect, or wasn't shown at least, that Harimoto might not be the real leader...and he was the one who was dealing with Harimoto a lot...of course it could be said that Yokoya wasn't exposed to the other members' behaviour like Nao is, but still...some foreshadowing could have been done to at least imply some sort of status quo within the group...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello malicerejoins! Welcome and thanks for posting your first post in the LG forum!

Well guys I think that the reason why this is SUCH a big twist is as Reclaimer mentioned of how Kaitani set up the previous arc. The "big three": Akiyama, Harimoto and Yokoya. Though Kimura may be even smarter than them, if Harimoto planned some stuff, maybe Kimura is still "saving herself". We have to consider this now, though do you think Kaitani will just cut to Harimoto's group next chapter and we see Harimoto getting orders from Kimura? Too convenient.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Might just take a long break and try to read it all once this game is finished.
    That's not a bad idea. Doing that was the only way I was able to continue reading Bleach. (I know, a terrible life choice)

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Ah yeah, interesting twist, though with all of their hidden cameras and stuff how come the LGT people are surprised as well? Or do they know?
    They are idiots. Also, one of them knew and will show us all about it next chapter!

Maybe they are both co-equal or something like that, well they all make the decisions together, we have not seen them debate though.
    I'm not an expert on cults, but I don't think it usually works that way. In large cults where it is impractical for the cult leader to micromanage everyone's lives there might be something of an "inner circle" where there is more discussion, but in a 4 man cult? I doubt it.

But going that we kind of always thought Kimura was second in command I remember Harimoto always giving her stuff to do apart from the other, she was his first choice, so yeah I wonder what kind of mind game is played on Abe and Mikamoto.
    Rigid hierarchy is pretty standard in cults. One member being second in command is not an issue as long as the cult leader makes everyone feel special and important.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the kind of cult Harimoto seems to be running probably wouldn't work if they had reason to believe there was someone more powerful behind him.

It could be possible that they're in on it and they're protecting Kimura's identity or that they believe Kimura is speaking through Harimoto, but with what we've been presented so far I think it's more likely that Abe and Mikamoto just don't know anything.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Added a poll, we may be able to keep track as to how this arc is developing with the votes that each chapter is getting, I am sure it will be a bit negative, but I am curious to see as to what the overall standing of the arc would be. This chapter is great to me since it moved from the regular game setting into plot progression and was more about the characters.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Added a poll, we may be able to keep track as to how this arc is developing with the votes that each chapter is getting, I am sure it will be a bit negative, but I am curious to see as to what the overall standing of the arc would be.
    I don't know about that. I think I'm the consistent negative force on this forum and my influence is limited to one vote. Also, never underestimate how uncritical readers are.

I'd suggest going to a 2 negative, 1 neutral, 2 positive answer style for future polls.

This chapter is great to me since it moved from the regular game setting into plot progression and was more about the characters.
    That is good, but I can't credit Kaitani for BAD plot progression.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; September 23, 2012 at 05:03 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter!
    I'm really getting more interested in this manga again!

I liked this twist, never could have guessed it.
    And, I haven't gone back and re-read the old chapters, but I think it might still make sense.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2