Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Where to get a cheap art table?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner fgopl's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where to get a cheap art table?

Well, I'm planning on starting my own manga series. All the characters and storyline are planned out, but there's one thing I'm missing - an art table. In Scott McCloud's "Making Comics!," I learned that an art table's slant is perfect for preventing distortion in pictures and helps to make everything straight. So I've looked online, and every art table is 100+ USD. My question is, does anybody know where to get a cheap art table? And if you can't think of a place, do you know of any good alternatives to an art table that would provide the effect I desire?
    Ew, I really hate Romaji.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where to get a cheap art table?

I'm going to go ahead and say that an art table is a very small problem as far as making comics goes. If you're THAT bothered about it and can't afford it, you could create a slope with any household object that can act as a board. I mean, slanted surfaces are really not that hard to create.

I say you should forget about an art table because it's silly to have this insignificant thing stopping you. You can obviously get one if you want it and I don't seny that t helps, I just don't think you should be concerned about your lack of it. At least not for now. Your only concern now should be drawing, a LOT.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply