Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tea Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Tea Thread

Statistics have shown that color tea is healthier than milk tea.If milk is mixed with tea leaf then a vast amount of utility is reduced.But if tea leaf is boiled for long time then u can have some milk with it according to the scientists.I was reading the article today in a newspaper.What do u think about it?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: taking tea

Late answer. You should always broil the tea for at least 5-6 minutes, don't really know about milk though, drank it as a kid, now it would be a waste of the good tea itself IMO. Have recently heard that putting honey into the tea instead of eating it directly/from a spoon will void the effects of it though.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: taking tea

Quote Quote:
    Statistics have shown that color tea is healthier than milk tea
    umm..I doubt the colour of the tea itself influences its utility, since for example black tea has different colour and benefits than green tea. However, I do believe that the colour is determined by its infusion time and the tea leaf (broken or whole). Adding milk or honey is not a healthy option. However, using low quantities of honey might help you enjoy the tea even more

could you please link the article you've read??
    "I fancy myself as a fine example of womanhood...
    the kind that clambers on a bike and rides off like John Wayne on a horse
    "

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tea Thread

Now...I'm more of regular english breakfast tea person myself, though when in Scotland I stumbled upon some amazing tea flavours by Forte tea company:

They look amazing and some of the ones I tried had wonderful aromas. Possibly some of the best tea I've had besides stuff from the London Tea Company.
    Last edited by goldb; January 17, 2013 at 02:25 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a huge tea drinker though people from India do drink tea with milk (cha-ya) or coffee in English on a regular basis. Mostly mornings and afternoons like clock work.

Drank some green tea ( jasmine ) this morning. I'm not sure what to make of it, the flavor was a bit bitter initally as I expected without any additives such as sugar or honey. Before I knew it, I drank the whole thing.

The instructions said boil hot water and place the tea for 2-4 minutes which is what I did. I also heard if you let the water cool a bit before mixing - it takes away a bit of that bitterness as well. This or you can add some sugar or honey, etc.

I drank it without any additives- to see how the taste was. Noticed the fragrance or aroma quickly, which was a nice thing as well.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy English tea. I didn't before but after a very bad throat ache I ended up loving it. The cool thing about drinking tea is that it fills the gap that I would most likely fill with junk food when I get the nibbles. Oh, and it's also for warming up my white walker hands in the winter!

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    I enjoy English tea. I didn't before but after a very bad throat ache I ended up loving it. The cool thing about drinking tea is that it fills the gap that I would most likely fill with junk food when I get the nibbles. Oh, and it's also for warming up my white walker hands in the winter!
    Being not a formal tea drinker. I wanted to know what do you add to your tea to enhance the taste, if any.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am kind of addicted to tea. Just the general jasmine tea, though, since I didn't really think about trying other kinds of tea before. Addicted, as in I can drink tea more than water in a day. I know it's not good but I just love it. XD Other than jasmine tea, I also like earl grey. I don't usually mix my tea with anything, but at times I pour milk in as well and turn it into a milk tea. Depends on the milk as well but generally they taste awesome. <3

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting addicted to Jasmine green tea - drank some before sleeping last-night and woke up less tired.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Being not a formal tea drinker. I wanted to know what do you add to your tea to enhance the taste, if any.
    Nothing much, just some milk and honey. Honey I think goes better with tea than sugar does. Plus it's healthier !

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course honey is a more healthier alternative than brown sugar. I've heard rumours saying that local honey has numerous benefits for one's health. I've also read an article related to that.

However, I personally don't add honey to my tea simple because honey increases the calories intake. So basically if I'll take a teaspoon of honey for every cup of tea I'll end up gaining (64x8 big tea cups =>) 512 calories (only from drinking tea )...That's 1/3 of my daily calories intake )........

As for drinking tea...I'm not hooked on any particular flavour; I just mix and match . However, the only flavour that I truly miss after a while is the ginkgo, liquorice and lemongrass blend.

My modest tea colection includes:
    • ginkgo, liquorice and lemongrass blend
    • apple and cinnamon melange
    • lemon
    • jasmine
    • strawberry and raspberry blend
    • white tea
    • lavender
    • hibiscus, senna, dog rose, elder flowers and lemon blend
    • St. John's wort
    • Valerian, Camille and lavender melange
    • Linden flowers
    • Mint and cinnamon

As you notice, I'm normally drinking green tea, blended or herbal... As for black tea and rooibos.... they are missing from the menu (the taste is just too weird, strong and bitter).

Want to try Gyokuro Jade Dew. I've heard is the best Japanese green tea ..I also fancy trying oolong and yellow tea. What will you guys recommend?

On a completely different note ~ tea thread is back on business ...I thought that the precious was lost; but Beary intervened and restored it!

THANK YOU, BEARY CHWAN

just for the record - those are tears of joy
    "I fancy myself as a fine example of womanhood...
    the kind that clambers on a bike and rides off like John Wayne on a horse
    "

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Traditional tea aside, I've become a huge bubble tea addict. Out of the big 4 bubble tea franchises I know (Chatime, Bubble Cup, Easyway and Gong Cha), I'm a huge fan of Chatime. I usually get their roasted milk tea or the brown rice milk tea with either herbal jelly or egg pudding. Last semester, I managed to spend about $150AUD on bubble tea. [s](Because of how good it is, of course. Totally not because there's a really cute guy working there.)[s]

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I love oriental tea. The tea leaves one, not bubble tea.

That aside, does anyone know this type of bubble tea where the bubbles pops/bursts in your mouth and they overflow with honey and stuff? What is this type of bubble tea called? There's a shop here that does that but I always forget the name and order the wrong one... (traditional chewy bubbles... not a big fan of those. Sorry Icei!!! >.< )

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, none taken. I'm not a huge fan of the traditional chewy bubbles either. I usually get grass jelly or egg pudding, not the pearls.
    Oooooh, I love those! Not sure about the UK, but they're called pop balls or popping boba here (lulz, sooo original, gaiz).

I love oriental tea as well. Last year, I was a huge fan of genmai cha. Other than that, you really can't go wrong with oolong or chrysanthemum tea. Tieguanying is quite good too.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol past tense, you were a huge fan? XD

I'm a super super super fan of Chinese and Japanese tea. I have sooo many cups every day... Big fan of the bottled oolong and green tea too. But they only taste good during the summer, iced, no pun intended.

Hmm yeah the name 'pop' sounds obvious, I think I should just describe it in full next time at the counter -______- But what? Grass jelly/ egg pudding (bubble) tea??! I think I'm misunderstanding something...

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast