Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Tobi Minato's former team member?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Is Tobi Minato's former team member?

i ask this because tsunade made a comment that she understood why sarutobi made the teams the way they are.she said they were the same as their parent's team.even shikaku made a comment to ino and choji's dads that fighting together brought back memories of their shika-ino-cho days.my question is:was sasuke's dad a team member of minato or was there another uchiha?this could explain who tobi really is and why he looked so young the night of the attack on konoha.also his formalness with minato was like they had history together.maybe this is why we know nothing about minato's past,tobi could be his former comrade in arms.if this is true then sakura has a strong relative also that was in minato's squad.think about this we know who was in sarutboi's squad,jiraiya's squad and kakashi's squad why don't we know who was in minato's?i think this is the reason he wears the mask and even knows intel on younger shinobi like kakashi and gai.just food for thought,what do you guys think?
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: is tobi minato's former team member

Thess are Minato's team mates

Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

is one an uchiha or a haruno?we've gotten background on everyone that has connection to naruto except his father's team.it just makes me wonder why,could it answer some questions surrounding tobi.maybe kishi would be giving us the ultimate clue if he did let us know.
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakura Hime's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe they are relate to Sakura and Sasuke. (They might be their fathers)

Since Naruto's and Sasuke's parents seem to have a strong relationship, it's very possible that they were in the same team.

You can see the middle boy's collar there and Fugaku's collar here...don't they look alike?

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/File:Fugaku.jpg

However, the left boy's skin color is more like Fugaku's than the middle boy (or girl?)...

I'm pretty sure that Kishimoto-Sama will reveal about them later.
    Last edited by Sakura Hime; November 13, 2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: add picture's link+info

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

when tsunade said that the teams were the same i instantly thought after all that has happened that tobi could be minato's sasuke.but naruto is the one to change the cycle.of course minato being the strongest hokage his rival has to be the strongest at what he does.maybe his S/T is a sharigan copy of minato's techs.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    hate to twist this around on you guys,but i was thinking about the mizukage and how tobi controlled him.could this be a tech similar to shisui's or could shisui have been directly related to tobi/madara?better yet could tobi actually be shisui,they never found his body only a suicide note.his forte was mind control after all,let's say itachi and shisui planned this to fool the clan into letting down their guard.just like sasuke itachi could have had eyes implanted to get magenkyo sharigan by madara/tobi.i still think that there is something up with shisui because itachi doesn't seem to be like your average uchiha.after all we know i don't see him taking out his best friend unless shisui was really going to kill itachi.so maybe who kisame thought was madara is really shisui saying he is.
    Last edited by gnut; November 19, 2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Eprst's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I beleive Tobi will be older than this guy, ti will be somebody from Uchiha who was in shadows, like Madaras leutenant...

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^^
    exactly,like someone from minato's team,an uchiha perhaps.i still think when naruto was kidnapped the conversation was a little formal.when the kidnapper addressed him as"fourth hokage"but knew everything about minato,except his strength...lol.this was jealousy in a sarcastic way thinking he was stronger,like kakashi said before"know your enemy".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The Uchiha weren't realy related to Minato but rather to Kushina, The mother of Sasuke was a close friend to Kushina. It is possible that Sasuke's mother was a former team member of Kushina (it was stated Mikoto was a jounin).
    The team of naruto was based on the stupidity of naruto, Sakura being a genjutsu type, sasuke being the genius and top of the class while Naruto being the failure of the class back then making the team balanced. Not all teams were based on family ties like the ino-cho-shika team just look at team kuranai (Shino, Hinata and Kiba)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dattebayo!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

In the fight with the first it was shown that Madara was an adult, so I think that its a no, while Minato was being trained Madara was probably busy infiltrating the hidden Mist.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

when he fought against Minato to destroy the Leaf,he was older than him and Minato didn't know him! Surely Tobi isn't Minato's team's member.maybe he isn't Madara,but he surely is someone who knows a lot of (old) things!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

now we're being shown that even the younger shinobi...who are interested...know alot about shinobi of the past.
    so again...could TOBI be minato's former team member?
    maybe madara is part of him...but it has always bothered me the way he talked to minato that night.like he knew him and had something personal going on with him.
    maybe it's nothing...but i think the name tobi has some history behind it...kabuto knew him as tobi.remember tobi was a new recruit to akatsuki...oro was long gone and the last time kabuto and sasori met was 5yrs prior.

i really think there was another motive also behind tobi's attack on minato/kushina...maybe to shame them in the eyes of konoha.not knowing they both would give their lives for it...
    Last edited by gnut; March 09, 2011 at 08:14 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Sasuke's father was Minato's team mate, he's just six years younger than Jiraiya. Minato was 10 when he was made genin and Jiraiya looks older than 16, so it doesn't add up for Fugaku.

Although his wife, Mikoto, is 11 years apart, so she could be the kid in the middle with a hair knot (Jiraiya would be 21). This is one of my pet theory actually, that Mikoto was Minato's teammate.

As for Tobi being the middle kid, that's stretchy. We don't have the full details yet, but for Minato not to recognize a close firend, just by his way of speech or behavior... stretchy.

There's also Kushina's team to be considered, I wonder who was her sensei.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sarutobi didn't recognize the kazekage as oro and jiraiya didn't recognize nagato's chakra until it was to late.just saying...we are talking about deceptive people...good and bad.look at the polar opposites of tobi's personality...from happy-go-lucky to cold and calculating...
    even itachi had an academy award winning performance in fooling the whole shinobi world.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I always thought that Mikoto was the girl (or boy?) in the middle.
    That would certainly explain why the two families were so close.

As for the fat guy, I thought he was not important... maybe an Akimichi.
    (although, for a moment many people that he might be Sabu-chan even if was never said to be from the Leaf...).

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sarahmint's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Tobi Minato's former team member?

Nice catch! Yes, Tobi is in Minato's team (that he lead)

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast