Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Oni Juujirou

The results are hidden 0%
  • Atobe Keigo

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Round 1 - Team 6 vs Team 10 Singles 1] Oni vs Atobe

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Round 1 - Team 6 vs Team 10 Singles 1] Oni vs Atobe

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Why would you think Oni might > Duke? Do you mean strictly strength wise? Or you means their overall power? Because the 1st stringer ranking seems to disagree with you.
    I meant what I said: physical strength. If you still disagree and use that argument, I would shut it down by saying "Shuuji is physically stronger than Duke because he is higher on the ranking?" Just because someone is higher on the ranking doesn't mean they are physically stronger than the people beneath them. Oni was the only person shown to be doing absurd workout routines. So until I see Duke doing something that puts Oni to shame, I am going with Oni. Being the best power player doesn't mean anything. Oni would have raped Gin too. He already has, actually, by dominating Kintarou.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    So until I see Duke doing something that puts Oni to shame, I am going with Oni. Being the best power player doesn't mean anything. Oni would have raped Gin too. He already has, actually, by dominating Kintarou.
    Actually, Duke is said to be the No.1 Power Player of U-17 Japan. So Oni can't be, otherwise they wouldn't have labelled Duke as the strongest.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    The reason I said these is that you don't seem to believe the ranking Konomi gave us himself? All I'm saying is that without any evidence that the ranking are false, they are true for now.

And of course I think the top 3 are actual top 3 with the actual ranking. I told you I believe that his ranking is right. And since it seemed it could be right for top 3, I don't see a reason why it might not be right for 5-20 either.

I'm actually not putting words in your mouth. I simply said

"I don't see why "Oh, I'll trust it for these characters" and "Nope, I'm not trusting it for these characters.". That's simply two standards."

which just means that it's either you trust the ranking for all of them or ranking for none of them. That is my point

And the long things that you think are silly are counterpoint just in case you'll say "Do you think Sharpshooter can't beat Twin?" or something like that. Nothing shows that he can't. The twin base stats could be high enough, and you really don't have a way to tell. The 1st stringer ranking are cannon and unbiased.
    Well, you can't prove Taira cannot defeat Mutsu like you say.
    So its impossible to say No.16 is stronger than No.18.
    However Mutsu/Mutsu likely make a far better combination than Taira/Hara.

So really in terms of Singles, you can't use the 1st Stringer ranking all the way.
    Why are you telling me its canon? It's obviously canon its in the manga.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why you think that he won't be able to return BJK. He's kinda powerful, he has a lot of tech... He's even able to do regular Jack Knifes, it's not that crazy to think that he's able to return that shot. It's crazier to think that Oni will seal AK easily.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    I don't know why you think that he won't be able to return BJK. He's kinda powerful, he has a lot of tech... He's even able to do regular Jack Knifes, it's not that crazy to think that he's able to return that shot. It's crazier to think that Oni will seal AK easily.
    it's hard to say. I mean if atobe risks using AK on Oni, after oni uses Black JK he might risk having his wrist being damaged.
    I remember momo using 2 hands to attmempt to return it. Is atobe 's physically stronger than momo,, who is known as a power player?

it seems almost unavoidable to counter unless you have a super strong atk technique. I'm also surprised momo executed it. I mean momo is less strong and has less technique than oni.

the anime not being canon, showed kintaro returning the Black JK with super strong special super mountain dessert atk.
    Last edited by ashore; September 25, 2012 at 01:32 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    it's hard to say. I mean if atobe risks using AK on Oni, after oni uses Black JK he might risk having his wrist being damaged.
    I remember momo using 2 hands to attmempt to return it. Is atobe 's physically stronger than momo,, who is known as a power player?

it seems almost unavoidable to counter unless you have a super strong atk technique. I'm also surprised momo executed it. I mean momo is less strong and has less technique than oni.

the anime not being canon, showed kintaro returning the Black JK with super strong special super mountain dessert atk.
    Kintarou also returned it in the manga. BJK is not that great, I'm sure Atobe could handle it, like Echizen, Sanada, Yukimura and Akutsu.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Momoshiro is a player known with Power. Not a Power Player.
    Only Middle School Power Players according to the Databooks are Tanishi Kei, Kawamura Takashi, Kabaji Munehiro and the Ishida bros.
    Date Danji, Duke Watanabe and Ban Rikiya are the only known HS Power Players.

Power Players are players who base their whole tennis on Power shots.
    Oni is more than simple Power. He hits 10 balls at once, and chased down a Drop Shot and hits shots with technique.
    Oni isn't a Power Player.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

It happened in the manga. Kintaro can return BJK.
    Also, Momoshiro was due an upgrade since Nationals Semifinals. He is of Seigaku and was one of Ryoma's rivals remember.
    I wasn't really shocked when I saw him hit BJK.

I was more surprised that because of one backhand shot, Taira/Hara lost the match. They could have easily only hit the ball to Kenya.
    They had signficantly more technique than both Momo and Kenya.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Actually, Duke is said to be the No.1 Power Player of U-17 Japan. So Oni can't be, otherwise they wouldn't have labelled Duke as the strongest.
    You're not understanding my point lol. Being the "No.1 Power Player" does not mean you can bench press more boulders than Oni. Oni is not a power player, like you said, yet he could dominate every one of them thus far BECAUSE he is the strongest character "PHYSICALLY" and he is just flat out good at tennis. This does not mean Oni's playstyle is that of a power player, which is why he isn't ranked in that category. My point is, both can be true. They are not contradicting each other. Duke can be the best power player in Japan, and Oni can be the physically strongest person in the series at the same time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

And that is higher ranked than Oni doesn't mean he's stronger. Even if he has more power, Oni is stronger physically and coul return perfectly Duke Homerun for example. He made fun of Yama Arashi and could have destroyed Gin also like Duke did. Oni's real power should be around No.2 level, Tanegashima, who I think is stronger than Irie, Tokugawa and Oni.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: [Round 1 - Team 6 vs Team 10 Singles 1] Oni vs Atobe

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    You're not understanding my point lol. Being the "No.1 Power Player" does not mean you can bench press more boulders than Oni. Oni is not a power player, like you said, yet he could dominate every one of them thus far BECAUSE he is the strongest character "PHYSICALLY" and he is just flat out good at tennis. This does not mean Oni's playstyle is that of a power player, which is why he isn't ranked in that category. My point is, both can be true. They are not contradicting each other. Duke can be the best power player in Japan, and Oni can be the physically strongest person in the series at the same time.
    I get what you're saying now,
    It isn't out there that Oni could be physically stronger, but at the same time, the possibility is still strongly there that Duke Watanabe is physically stronger.
    We haven't seen how Duke trains yet, since Konomi has no limits on how people train in this series, Duke might also lift boulders.

I personally don't see Oni dominating Duke physically though. Whoever is the stronger one (I personally think its Duke), neither one I see dominating the other.

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    And that is higher ranked than Oni doesn't mean he's stronger. Even if he has more power, Oni is stronger physically and coul return perfectly Duke Homerun for example. He made fun of Yama Arashi and could have destroyed Gin also like Duke did. Oni's real power should be around No.2 level, Tanegashima, who I think is stronger than Irie, Tokugawa and Oni.
    That's exactly what I think about this 1st Stringer list so far. I believe Konomi is hiding a lot.

But I don't know where you're basing your idea on Oni and Tanegashima being better than Irie and Tokugawa yet.
    So far Tokugawa, Oni and Irie have been portrayed on one tier level so far.

Secondly, we don't know if Oni could destroy Gin through sheer power.
    We only know BJK, which if Ishida has 108th Hadoukyuu, should be able to return.

I also don't know why you think he could perfectly return Duke Homerun through physical power.
    We don't know enough about the Top 8 or their abilities.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; September 26, 2012 at 06:58 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oni Juujirou: 6 votes
    Atobe Keigo: 3 votes

Winner: Oni Juujirou

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2