Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who do you want to be the final last dude standing villain in the series?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Madara

1 9.09%
  • Obito

0 0%
  • Juubi

0 0%
  • Orochimaru

10 90.91%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why the final villain must be Orochimaru-related

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why the final villain must be Orochimaru-related

Here are a list of reasons why:

1) It's illogical to eliminate one of the main villains since Naruto, who has been a villain more or less in Shippuden. It makes no sense, story wise, to have Itachi wipe out Orochimaru in less than 30 seconds with some OP technique. To those who think his current resurrection is only to provide for Sasuke's increase in power and then die off "again" would be too repetitive for a story. His role plays major importance in the long run of the series. No one knows the true extent of his power since his techniques/arms are still sealed in the death god.

2) Orochimaru has no interest in the war. Orochimaru seems to want to control the Sage of Six Paths or be one himself. His plans are not to create peace by having everyone under his genjutsu like Madara's goal seems to be at this point. The fact that he has no interest in Madara's plan must mean it will not interfere with his own. His plans must be even more sinister than Madara's. Don't forget that Kabuto knows what Orochimaru knows, and that even Tobi was surprised Orochimaru knew so much about him, his plans and Madara's true dead body. However, Tobi knows nothing of Orochimaru's plans.

3) Tobi wants to sync Gedo-Mazo with Sasuke (although at this point it remains very uncertain). Orochimaru does not want any Sharingan, otherwise he would have taken it from Kakashi or someone in the past long ago but a "good" Uchiha body like Sasuke or Itachi. It is not certain why the body would need to be good since if he stole it, his skills should transfer over. Remember that Orochimaru was originally going to kill Sasuke in the Forest of Death because he believed Sasuke couldn't keep up with him.

3) Madara cannot be the final villain. Naruto has already foreshadowed Madara's demise in chapter 600, stating that he shouldn't interfere with the current world as he was dead and should have remained dead. Kishi likes to implement some kind of moral behind every fight against a villain. He wouldn't make a very interesting villain as we have already seen his completed Sussanoo and the manga doesn't seem to be coming to an end anytime soon.

4) It makes no sense for Sasuke to be the final villain.
    If Sasuke were to be the final villain, how would the ninja world react? He has attacked all nations and all consider him to be an enemy. There is no way Sasuke can get away with what he has done and be at peace with all nations, not in this current state. Sasuke must do something extraordinary to redeem himself for his crimes and if not, he will forever be alienated like Madara was with the Uchiha clan for betraying his support.

+ Kabuto must come back as a good character in the series. It makes no sense to leave Kabuto, who has basically been manipulated his whole life, stay stuck in an infinite loop genjutsu while the world has finally achieved peace. The moral being, people emulate those around them for whatever reasons but in the end, they aren't them, they are themselves. Kishi always likes to ignore characters for awhile and come back to them which leaves Kabuto at the perfect opportune time to perhaps get rid of Orochimaru (maybe he knows his weakness) since he was the one closest to him.

+ The ideal fight for the end should be reminiscent to that of the beginning of the Naruto series. Orochimaru and his edo tensei'd Hokages. Their legends are too great to not see them in true battle fashion. And by this I mean having the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th w/ Kyuubi chakra. You cannot be satisfied with their fights in Naruto as it was pretty pathetic compared to some current fights. Kishi needs to bring them back in justice! Also, Naruto always dreamed of surpassing the Hokages and there is NO better way than literally defeating all of them. That would make an epic conclusion to the series.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kusomaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why the final villain must be Orochimaru-related

I agree the final villain must be Orochimaru-related. More specifically, I think the villain will be related to Orochimaru's research and what he desires most. I also agree that Kabuto joining the fight against him is likely.

Quote Quote:
    4) It makes no sense for Sasuke to be the final villain.
    If Sasuke were to be the final villain, how would the ninja world react? He has attacked all nations and all consider him to be an enemy. There is no way Sasuke can get away with what he has done and be at peace with all nations, not in this current state. Sasuke must do something extraordinary to redeem himself for his crimes and if not, he will forever be alienated like Madara was with the Uchiha clan for betraying his support.
    This is where I disagree. I have no idea how Sasuke will be redeemed. Maybe he won't be. Maybe he really will die with Naruto. However, I do offer the following as reasoning for why he will be the final villain.

Orochimaru being resurrected this late in the game really throws a wrench in the climax. Still, it seems lame for Oro to be brought back by Sasuke, only for Oro to turn around and become the final villain. It just doesn't seem dramatic and doesn't make a lot of sense for Sasuke to bring back someone he wasn't confident he could put down again. So while I think he'll certainly be a major "boss fight", I don't see him as the "final boss", which is Sasuke's role.

Why it will be Sasuke:
    • Hype: The most important reason. It is the most hyped fight in the entire manga. All of part II, and so much of the manga's backstory has been building up to this climatic destined battle. Also, everybody in the manga has been obsessed with the last of the Uchiha and his potential.
    • Parallelism: This fight will parallel the Valley of the End fight at the end of Part I, as well as Hashirama vs Madara, Jiraiya vs Orochimaru, and the fight between the Sage of the Six Paths's sons. Naruto has to accomplish what Hashirama, Jiraiya, and his other predecessors going back to the Sot6P couldn't.
    • Polarization: Yin vs yang. Wind god vs thunder god. Uchiha vs Senju/Uzumaki. Will of Fire vs chain of hatred. The list goes on and on.
    • Orochimaru: Sasuke is certainly Orochimaru-related, isn't he? 'nuff said.
    • Sage of the Six Paths: The final villain must have something to do with the Sage of the Six Paths. There has been a trend of "increasing Rikudo-ization" for a while now. It seems like all of the major players are trying to obtain his power with increasing success. Orochimaru, Pain, Danzou, Kabuto, Tobi, and Madara are all connected in attempting to achieve his power. All of them were merely prototypes for the power Rinnegan Sasuke will wield. Sasuke is a descendant of the elder son of the Sot6P, opposite Naruto's lineage dating back to the younger, and it's obvious this at least centuries-long chain of hatred can only culminate in their battle.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kusomaru View Post
    All of them were merely prototypes for the power Rinnegan Sasuke will wield. Sasuke is a descendant of the elder son of the Sot6P, opposite Naruto's lineage dating back to the younger, and it's obvious this at least centuries-long chain of hatred can only culminate in their battle. [/LIST]
    all of them worked their asses off to get that power . whereas sasuke got a scroll from a lucky punch that 1 random guy used on another random guy .
    If madara makes sasuke stronger than madara by reading the scroll then this manga will be the worst thing i have ever read (right now it sucks , but if i have to rate it based on 600 chapter i wd say it is still very good)
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kusomaru View Post
    I agree the final villain must be Orochimaru-related. More specifically, I think the villain will be related to Orochimaru's research and what he desires most. I also agree that Kabuto joining the fight against him is likely.

This is where I disagree. I have no idea how Sasuke will be redeemed. Maybe he won't be. Maybe he really will die with Naruto. However, I do offer the following as reasoning for why he will be the final villain.

Orochimaru being resurrected this late in the game really throws a wrench in the climax. Still, it seems lame for Oro to be brought back by Sasuke, only for Oro to turn around and become the final villain. It just doesn't seem dramatic and doesn't make a lot of sense for Sasuke to bring back someone he wasn't confident he could put down again. So while I think he'll certainly be a major "boss fight", I don't see him as the "final boss", which is Sasuke's role.
    ]
    Sasuke and Naruto cannot die, if they do, they have to come back somehow. Kishi is writing this manga geared towards kids as well as adults and his message about saving a friend won't hold true to the series if Sasuke is the final villain. Even if Naruto fought Sasuke as the final villain and saved him from the "darkness," he would not be accepted by ANY village, even Konoha. If Sasuke dies in the final fight, you basically slap kids in the face and say if you lose a friend, that's it, nothing more, nothing less. Naruto has been pushing on saving a friend ever since he left as a kid, so what if he saves him at the final conclusion of the series? nobody would accept him back into the village. If anything, Sasuke should be the second last fight, by having him defeat Madara, we will see Sasuke's potential against Naruto. Naruto should have a tough time here but eventually win him back and then the two would lose to Orochimaru until Kabuto steps in.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting thread, and I agree. Orochimaru was always the main villain, even though he wasn't on Akatsuki's side. The guy is his own Akatsuki. He's hella strong even without his arms and he can easily rival Tobi. He had even been spying on the guy as you said, and knew about the Tentails plan as far as I recall.
    Also he rediscovered Edo Tensei, and resurrected the technique (pun intended) into really dangerous use.
    Just consider what edge it gives you -- Kabuto successfully threatened Tobi with Edo Madara, not just because of the identity thing but also the sheer power of the Edo Tensei.
    Even without the trump card that was Madara, he could basically turn all of Akatsuki plus more skilled deceased warriors against Tobi.

So Tobi does definitely have competition, and he shouldn't necessarily be the ultimate last boss if you will.

I have no idea what Orochimaru could do to rival Madara, but I guess he might help to bring him down (along with Sasuke maybe) and then turn on everybody like the snake he is.

Having said this, it's probably the Death God seal that's in the scroll. As it has been said, that would free up more of the Kyuubi's power as well as Orochimaru's, not to mention bring back the Hokages. It seems to be the trend of this war to have all the previous generations come back anyway.

Also now that Sasuke has the EMS, he will likely go to read the Uchiha tablet again, as the EMS allows for more to be read.
    This may possibly lead to some Rinnegan power-up, and at the same time Naruto would get the other 50% Kyuubi back, making it easier to beat Madara.
    I can imagine Sasuke will co-operate with Naruto to bring down Madara.
    Rinnegan + 100% Kyuubi power = A match for Madara.

Personally I'd also want to see Fugaku again, but I suppose the Third is just as good of a choice if not better, to explain things to Sasuke.
    After all, he was the one protecting Sasuke from the likes of Danzo and Orochimaru, as Itachi asked him to.
    Last edited by Notak; September 25, 2012 at 02:49 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    Interesting thread, and I agree. Orochimaru was always the main villain, even though he wasn't on Akatsuki's side. The guy is his own Akatsuki. He's hella strong even without his arms and he can easily rival Tobi. He had even been spying on the guy as you said, and knew about the Tentails plan as far as I recall.
    Also he rediscovered Edo Tensei, and resurrected the technique (pun intended) into really dangerous use.
    Just consider what edge it gives you -- Kabuto successfully threatened Tobi with Edo Madara, not just because of the identity thing but also the sheer power of the Edo Tensei.
    Even without the trump card that was Madara, he could basically turn all of Akatsuki plus more skilled deceased warriors against Tobi.

So Tobi does definitely have competition, and he shouldn't necessarily be the ultimate last boss if you will.

I have no idea what Orochimaru could do to rival Madara, but I guess he might help to bring him down (along with Sasuke maybe) and then turn on everybody like the snake he is.

Having said this, it's probably the Death God seal that's in the scroll. As it has been said, that would free up more of the Kyuubi's power as well as Orochimaru's, not to mention bring back the Hokages. It seems to be the trend of this war to have all the previous generations come back anyway.

Also now that Sasuke has the EMS, he will likely go to read the Uchiha tablet again, as the EMS allows for more to be read.
    This may possibly lead to some Rinnegan power-up, and at the same time Naruto would get the other 50% Kyuubi back, making it easier to beat Madara.
    I can imagine Sasuke will co-operate with Naruto to bring down Madara.
    Rinnegan + 100% Kyuubi power = A match for Madara.

Personally I'd also want to see Fugaku again, but I suppose the Third is just as good of a choice if not better, to explain things to Sasuke.
    After all, he was the one protecting Sasuke from the likes of Danzo and Orochimaru, as Itachi asked him to.
    omg i just thought of something....Orochimaru is the only living person who knows about the reaper seal...ripping out madaras soul seems like a good way to beat him

And i agree even tobi painted the 3rd in a good light (as he said the 3rd opposed the massacre and wanted to talk things out peacefully), and it was only once the 3rd died that itchi feared for sasuke(weather it be from harm or from Danzo reveling the truth to him) so he showed up in the village again just as a reminder :3
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

If he gets sealed, then it'll be like Ganon from Zelda...he could come back at any time. Or maybe only part of him will be sealed to weaken him for Naruto ?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If he gets sealed, then it'll be like Ganon from Zelda...he could come back at any time. Or maybe only part of him will be sealed to weaken him for Naruto ?
    ummm his entire soul will be in the belly of the death god.....dont see how he can come back from that ( unless he gets outside help)
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea but it's not impossible for someone else to eventually learn of the Death Reaper jutsu, and whenever that may happen, Madara will be back. In the distant future of Naruto though.

Personally I'd like to see Madara actually die, rather than being sealed....we'll just have to see

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea but it's not impossible for someone else to eventually learn of the Death Reaper jutsu, and whenever that may happen, Madara will be back. In the distant future of Naruto though.

Personally I'd like to see Madara actually die, rather than being sealed....we'll just have to see
    well if Oro dies aswell then no one will learn of it *unless it was written down*

I really hope that dont happen as i want Orochimaru to live...i always liked him....he dose not care about world domination, he just wants to learn everything about everything...he wanted to create a world were individuality was embraced not smothered, i just really hope he is alive and well when everythings over....and remember the one thing that Jiriaya wanted to do but never could was save Orochimaru and bring him back home to the village.....i think just maybe naruto might do just that....save both sasuke and orochimaru....(as J-mans and oros relationship is a mirror of Narutos and sasukes)
    Last edited by number12michael; September 25, 2012 at 08:02 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Orochimaru's been MIA too long for he as a final village to be a good idea. I love him as a villain, and he's one of my favorite characters but... I think it's too late. I don't think Sasuke should be the final villain either though, simply because... his objectives aren't "global threat" level. Whatever they fight in the end has to be something so big that losing to it costs the ninja world everything.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Orochimaru's been MIA too long for he as a final village to be a good idea. I love him as a villain, and he's one of my favorite characters but... I think it's too late. I don't think Sasuke should be the final villain either though, simply because... his objectives aren't "global threat" level. Whatever they fight in the end has to be something so big that losing to it costs the ninja world everything.
    Currently the manga doesn't hint at Orochimaru being strong at all (in comparison to the other characters) besides Suigetsu's speech but as his plans start to unravel , (which has not started yet) then we can finally view him as a real threat. In terms of epicness, Madara has already shown off his perfect Sussanoo which rips holes through mountains so what else could come out of him that would be exciting? As far as I can tell, his chakra reserves are insanely huge due to the Hashirama clone . We have seen most, if not all, of a Rinnegan users skills so spamming that would be pointless. Tobi may have been around for a long time but not to the extent of becoming a final villain. No one is as closely tied to the series as Orochimaru was and still is. I think Kishi is framing the ending around a moral about power and war, and at the same time keep it a happy ending or else people will be pissed. Kishi isn't dumb, he's probably keeping in mind the interests of people invested in the series. I think we will most likely be seeing some some hyped characters + insane battles that can make it into future Naruto games to preserve the series.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: 24h rule show

You can't post spoiler material of any kind until tomorrow - UB
    Last edited by Uchiha_Blood; January 30, 2013 at 08:44 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i think he is. he has all the hokage under his control i dont think he'd give up the chance to use them to get sasukes body. i thnik he'll turn on them and maybe they'll have a massive fight. kishi always points out that the new genreation must surpass the old, so i think they'll fight the kage and finally kill oro if he tries to get sasuke. we might even see a speed battle between naruto and minato, that'd be pretty sick imo

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    i think he is. he has all the hokage under his control i dont think he'd give up the chance to use them to get sasukes body. i thnik he'll turn on them and maybe they'll have a massive fight. kishi always points out that the new genreation must surpass the old, so i think they'll fight the kage and finally kill oro if he tries to get sasuke. we might even see a speed battle between naruto and minato, that'd be pretty sick imo
    Considering Hashirama alone fought and beat EMS Madara + Kyuubi, it wouldn't be a fight, it would be a stomp of horrific proportions.
    Oro already body-switched, he can't do it for another 3 years

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast