Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If _________ wrote Hunter x Hunter

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If _________ wrote Hunter x Hunter

If Togashi wrote Hunter x Hunter, it would the best version of HxH.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Togashi wrote Hunter x Hunter I wouldn't have to make this thread because I be too busy reading! XD

4. Like 9 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if I should take some measure about this thread...There is so much manga bashing here but in the same it's so true.
    Last edited by Uriel; October 05, 2012 at 05:57 AM.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I'm not sure if I should take some measure about this thread...There is so much manga bashing here but in the same it's so true.

Anyway, I change the question...How other mangas would be if Togashi would be the writer?

Is it anyone having an actual problem with the thread? If so then yeah go ahead and delete it but if not then I don't see the problem.
    Though the point wasn't really to bash but more to see how HxH would be different--some just take that as a reason to bash.
    But I don't think anyone here is so sensitive that they can't handle some less than positive feedback of a series they like.
    Still I want to encourage people to not just say stuff like "If x wrote hxh then hxh would suck." for the sake of creativity.
    Bashing is not my aim here but rather playing with tropes. See the difference?
    Last edited by Uriel; October 05, 2012 at 05:57 AM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ContractHunterMEMO's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Is it anyone having an actual problem with the thread? If so then yeah go ahead and delete it but if not then I don't see the problem.
    Though the point wasn't really to bash but more to see how HxH would be different--some just take that as a reason to bash.
    But I don't think anyone here is so sensitive that they can't handle some less than positive feedback of a series they like.
    Still I want to encourage people to not just say stuff like "If x wrote hxh then hxh would suck." for the sake of creativity.
    Bashing is not my aim here but rather playing with tropes. See the difference?

But if you want to ask how other manga would be if Togashi was the writer could you do it in another thread?
    I much rather you delete this thread then hijack it. Thanks.
    I agree. I believe one of the reasons why people come here is to discuss how hxh deconstructs certain tropes that are all too prevalent in other manga. I'm sure other people had a good laugh about it, never actually stopped to think anyone was bashing here.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ContractHunterMEMO View Post
    I agree. I believe one of the reasons why people come here is to discuss how hxh deconstructs certain tropes that are all too prevalent in other manga. I'm sure other people had a good laugh about it, never actually stopped to think anyone was bashing here.
    Yep.

Well anyhow I think that's enough of that. Let's get back on track.

If Koichi Ohata wrote Hunter x Hunter then Hisoka would have a mullet and sunglasses riding a motorcycle and would eliminiate the Chimera Ant extermination
    squad so Hisoka never gets bored.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So many threads that just signal the world burning, but I'll give it a shot while I can I suppose...

If Oda wrote it, It'd be less dark, we'd probably see more screentime of Kurapika and Leorio, we'd never have hiatuses, and Gon's instinct will be played with over hishunter obserations

If arakawa wrote it, it'd be pretty much the same...well maybe less trolling but...yeah pretty much...

If Makoto wrote it, There'll be alot of odd faces and dances. otherwise, It could reletivly be the same maybe a touch less darker, but yeah.

As for Ohkubo...Well....I honestly don't know to be honest....which could be a good or bad thing but...hm...

If Kamachi wrote it, there'd be alot more speeches and someone may wind up with a gag harem along the way and Gon's Rock would be VERY HEAVILY USED. but again I doubt much would change...

If Ryuhei wrote it, It'd DEFINETLY be diffrent, there'd be ALOT more trolling, some bunk quests with minimal gag clues, it'd be alot more straight forward, and the fights DEFINETLY won't be anywhere near complex.

I like all of these authors but to be perfectly honest, I don't want any of these authors taking over togashi's manga and DEFINETLY vise versa. I like each series for particular reasons that some other series lack, if it were all by one guy, even if he's a mastermind, it'd get boring.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that I think...if Mashima wrote HxH there would be pretty girls and panties cameos. In the other side, the art would be more stable and the Dragons would be 500% more epic (Togashi, WHY U CAN'T DRAW PRETTY DRAGONS!?)
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

If Akira Toriyama wrote HxH, Meruem would've devoured the 3 Royal Guards and challenged the world for a fighting tournament to decide the fate of the humans. In the end, he would lose to either Gon or Ging, after Netero's epic defeat in the tournament.

---------- Post added October 04, 2012 at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was September 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM ----------

[heronbpv wishies for Alluka to necro this thread]
    [*Whooosh* - It's super effective!]

If Makoto Raiku wrote HxH, Gon would be a cry baby, Kaito would be his partner, Killua would be his older brother (with Illumi as his partner), Kurapika would be the badass archrival (with Biscuit as his partner), both Palm and Zushi would appear early, though Zushi would talk in an unusual language that noone seems to understand (until Wing appears). Hanzo would be a coward with illusory powers until the last arcs, when he turns übber. And every few or so chapters would show a new guy searching for Gon that dies soon in a fight.
    Also, Gon would have a power to summon ugly dragons that ride ugly dragons as some sort of family heritage (which is the envy of Killua).

[heronbpv now proceeds to re-read Konjiki no Gash]
    [...]
    [Alluka asks heronbpv to give her his lungs]

15. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

If Hiro Mashima wrote HxH, Bizeff will have more prostitutes and there will be so many ecchi scenes. Poor Palm will be devastated.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This is so bad but it's so fun.

If Eiichiro Oda wrote HxH, he'd appear in every volume as bulldog man and everyone would be finding waldo in the middle of the Dark Continent.

If Satoshi Tajiri wrote HxH, Alluka would know Attract and talk using telepathy in an annoyingly high-pitched voice. Oh, and have a giant eyeball on his stomach.

If Akira Amano wrote HxH, Kurapika would lose fights by running into a wall.

If Makoto Raiku wrote HxH, the manga would end with Gon giving up looking for Ging in exchange for the life as a barber.

If Yuhki Kamatani wrote HxH, everyone would weigh 70lbs.

If Gosho Aoyama wrote HxH, Gon would turned into a 4 year old with Palm as his lover and Killua as his jealous girl friend.

If Tomo Takabayashi wrote HxH, no one would need to learn Nen. They'd all get pwned by Gon's ubber adult form no matter what.
    Last edited by Riruru; October 12, 2012 at 02:48 PM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    This is so bad but it's so fun.

If Makoto Raiku wrote HxH, the manga would end with Gon giving up looking for Ging in exchange for the life as a barber.

Out of curiosity, where'd that come from?
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Keirin's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

If Kubo Tite wrote Hunter x Hunter, Kurapika would have said to Uvogin ''Since When Were You Under The Impression that I wasn't a specialization user....''
    Last edited by Keirin; October 17, 2012 at 10:04 PM.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post

Out of curiosity, where'd that come from?
    Eh, just ignore that part. It was more a reference to the ending of that series than anything else.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Raad's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ohba wrote HxH, the whole story would revolve around a guy with an uber-complicated ability with tons of rules.

25. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast