Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Has anyone other than a Strawhat ever appeared on a WSJ cover?
Update: Kuroko no Basket will have 19 pages next issue all completly in colour.
The Nisekoi x Haikyuu collaboration will be called Nisekyuu!!
Last edited by Zeromcd; December 18, 2012 at 06:56 AM.
The oneshot next issue will be about figure skating.
The next issue of Jump will announce the 3rd part of the New Power Generation Project. This project only involves Kuroko no Basket, Nisekoi, Haikyuu, PSI Kusuo Saiki, and Assassination Classroom.
Last edited by Zeromcd; December 18, 2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: finger
The new generation is taking over I see. Damn I feel old. Glad to see AC at the top spot. Naruto and Bleach 7th & 8th respectively, am cool with that.
Nice to see some new manga doing really well. Especially since some years, not a single manga lasts into the long run. Or some only last a few volumes. I'm gonna try to read Saiki soon, it looks interesting. Obviously, it's a gag manga and it's taking Inumaru's place as the sort of "official big gag manga", so even if it ranks high it doesn't necessarily sell well, but I think it's doing better than Inumaru (Speaking of which, I'd like to see Ooishi new one-shot).
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu continues to do really well. I do really like the manga. It has a really unique feel to it. I'm glad it's done so well.
And Kiruko-san seems like it's doing okay. I haven't read it, and it might just be getting by on its character design and its "cuteness", but maybe it's got more than that and can do well in the long run.
Retsu Date-senpai's pretty done at this point. I think it's been last a few times now.
The "Hunter Center" thing is an interview with... I think the person who sings the movie theme.
Also, I still say that since they compiled EVERY chapter that's been in the magazine into volumes, they'll probably restart the series in January. It's just never happened that every chapter that was in the magazine was compilated but the series didn't restart.
Woot, I'm really digging this week's TOC. Great to see the new stuff show off like that. Hoping HJ's ranking will be a foretaste of the real rankings, would be so cool... *keeps fingers crossed*
---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------
As usual, random comments and stuff from the TOC that I found interesting and/or funny:
Other than that, quite a number of New Year's comments and some about JUMP's editorial party and the one for Tezuka/Akatsuka Prize.
- Asou (Saiki Kusuo no PSI-nan) jokingly introduces himself as chairman of the assembly of people who fall victim to the "Since X'mas and my birthday are close they always get lumped together" phenomenon. Send him a letter if you want to join the organization. [Note: Asou's birthday is 26 December.]
- Komi (Nisekoi) notes that whenever he draws a yawning character he himself has to yawn as well.
- Yabata (Hungry Joker) apparently is a buddy of Nakamura, the author of this week's one-shot.
- Hirakata (Shinmai fukei Kiruko-san) went to see Evangelion: 3.0. He seems to be a fan of Asuka and Eva 02.
- According to Tamura's comment Beelzebub's editor changed. Until now it was the infamous Jean-Baptiste Hattori, now it's someone called Monji.
- Sorachi (Gintama) killed me once more with his comment. Quote: "I came down with the Norovirus. After crapping diarrhea for about 80 times my butt was completely torn to shreds."
- One of Ikezawa's (Kurogane) staff members, Watanabe, has a one-shot featured in the upcoming Jump NEXT!.
If one takes into account the last chapter in the rule of the 8 weeks. Naruto is unranked this week because Kishimoto took a break 7 week ago.
i liked the TOC for some reason. bleach wasnt as good if 8 week theory is true. it will pickup not that even if it stays on the bottom for a year it will get canceled.( will i be panned as a bleach hater now too i wonder?) OP also should not be treated with TOCs. it is untouchable anyway.
Good news for the newer series. most of them deserve their positions thou HJ and Kiruko seems to turn a corner even thou this is not the official ranks. Bad news for cross manage. kaito did make some rookie mistakes but i think has also managed to spin a good story too.
Will look forward to the figure skating manga by Ohishi.
As long as it does not contain a massive slew of obscure Internet references again, I'd be interested in reading Ooishi's new work.
isn't is Oishi Kouji? like... without the H? Anyway, I'm super-excited about that one-shot, because I'm easy to please and junk.
The TOC this week is ridiculously good, but once again ugh no winning I like almost everything that's on there now.