Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 65 of 134 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Quote Originally Posted by perroloco View Post
    From extreme to extreme, the longest it has taken for a WSJ manga to be adapted to an anime: 26 years, quickest 4 or so months.
    The reason I chose the series to analyze was to provide as representative as possible a sample of the trends of current manga series in terms of when they'll get an anime. Sure, we can account for the extremes over the course of the magazine, but how much relevance does it have to what we have at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Anime don't start in June. Ever. Getting an anime by June 2015 is impossible. January, April, July, and October. If Assassination Classroom does not get an anime by April, the next opportunity will be July. It won't get an anime in July either. Jump anime don't debut in January or July, always in April or October. I also think it will air late night, as a one or two cour series. Late night anime are more popular, and appeal to older fans.
    I guess I haven't thought about that already because the two animes that I've followed from the beginning on that list are both exceptions to that trend, so I assumed January and July were normal debut months.

Doesn't AC seem like it'd appeals to younger fans too? It doesn't look that dark to be suited for a late night run... yet.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Dark? In what alternate universe are all late night anime "dark"? If your definition of dark includes Oreimo, then dark might not mean what you think it means. You would be seriously misinformed to believe that late night anime are predominantly dark. Just look at a listing of current anime if you want proof to the contrary. Gin no Saji is hardly a dark manga, yet it is already confirmed it will air late at night. Correct me if I am wrong, but Kuroko is not particularly sinister either, yet it too aired late at night. Assassination Classroom actually would fit in much better late at night, when more similar anime air.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member leokiko's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver Spoon is gonna air at night and it isn't dark at all. Heck, it's the total opposite of that.

Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Juin Jutsu Team's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to give a look, here is the one shot from Yōichi Amano: CLICK!

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because an anime at midnight, doesn't mean it's going to be "dark" or "adult". It just means that the style and perhaps theme of anime isn't meant for general audience or children. The theme itself doesn't have to be dark. AssClass may not be dark, but I agree that the style and theme of the series is ore suitable for late night than day time or prime time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Animeace's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece creator Eiichiro Oda has announced in a new interview that One Piece will be his last long term series and has no current plans for a series after it's completion

Oda has said in past interviews that he would like to follow Toriyama's footsteps and do one shots but the door was still open no hope now but after so many years of greatness he deserves a rest and there's still plenty years left until One Piece is completed

8. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends about what a long running series is for him. Another magnus opus like OP would leave the possibility that he would die a long time before ending that one ^^

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The information regarding it being his last long series is a year old at least, don't know why a japanese magazine had to bring that up again. [Aside from selling more through his name. :P]

Also a thread talking about future series of his: [OP]Do you want Oda to make a new series?
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh.. This is coming from the same guy that planned Alabasta to be the end of OP, told he wouldn't be in charge of any movie after Strong World and reminds us constantly that One Piece is half-way done.

Sure, he won't do other long mangas but a one-shot here and there or a one-volume long series like Toriyama used to do. Also if Tori ever gets tired of drawing DQ designs I'm kinda sure they will go with Oda.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Toei and Pierrot are terrible studios, off beat series like AssClass are not really their style anyway. Madhouse would be a good bet, they already worked on Neuro. Brains Base (Drrrrr!!, Mawaru Penguindrum) or SHAFT (Madako Magico, Bakemonogatari, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei) would be ideal, Assassination Classroom would be a perfect stylistic fit for either studio. I'm already drooling over what SHAFT would do visually with AssClass.
    Polar Bear's Café is pretty hilarious though, but yeah, SHAFT and Brains Base are probably the best when it comes to comedic timing, one of my favourite comedies being Arakawa Under The Bridge. By the way, isn't there a timeslot that's even better than the late-night one? I'm thinking of the one Fullmetal Alchemist, Code Geass and Gundam 00 had.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    The information regarding it being his last long series is a year old at least, don't know why a japanese magazine had to bring that up again. [Aside from selling more through his name. :P]

Also a thread talking about future series of his: [OP]Do you want Oda to make a new series?
    I was thinking the same thing. Didn't Oda already announce this a few years back?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Polar Bear's Café is pretty hilarious though, but yeah, SHAFT and Brains Base are probably the best when it comes to comedic timing, one of my favourite comedies being Arakawa Under The Bridge. By the way, isn't there a timeslot that's even better than the late-night one? I'm thinking of the one Fullmetal Alchemist, Code Geass and Gundam 00 had.
    Anime no longer air during that timeslot, Saturday at 6PM on TBS. Due to declining ratings it was replaced by a weekly news magazine. The first season of Gundam 00 was the last anime to air during that slot, ending in March 2008.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM.

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Nichigo slot - Sunday 5 pm - is the new Doroku slot. It has worked wonders for FMA: Brotherhood, Ao no Exorcist and quite likely will do so for Magi.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Animeace's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post

Obviously some are still holding out for a super Robot manga with lots of SUUUUUPPPPERRR BEAMMMS but at alas it is not meant to be. We'll at least we still get general Franky. I checked Yaraon and otakumo (Japanese news sites) they did have it posted today so I figure it was vaild enough to mention the pics are new
    Last edited by Animeace; January 19, 2013 at 02:07 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perroloco View Post
    Sure, he won't do other long mangas but a one-shot here and there or a one-volume long series like Toriyama used to do. Also if Tori ever gets tired of drawing DQ designs I'm kinda sure they will go with Oda.
    Toriyama's design is DQs face, changing it into something from Oda would probably anger a lot of people, a spinoff with his designs could be weirdly fun though. :-D

Animeace
    It can be a new interview with some old repeated info.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Thread Closed
Page 65 of 134 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast