Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 72 of 134 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2002

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Naruto's not ending this year.

By now everyone should know where the editors place a series does not reflect how well it will rank. Bulge consistently was placed higher than Hungry Joker but was still canceled very quickly.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure I've heard from a shit ton of people that Kishimoto said that it was? Then again I don't read that piece of shit and am only repeating what I've heard from what I consider trustworthy people. But even if it ends next year rather than this year everything I said in my post still stands.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nensense View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've heard from a shit ton of people that Kishimoto said that it was? Then again I don't read that piece of shit and am only repeating what I've heard from what I consider trustworthy people. But even if it ends next year rather than this year everything I said in my post still stands.
    Kishimoto says a lot. Naruto will most likely end mid 2014 or something.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gamaran's not popular. Nanatsu no Taizai is to new to tell. Code:Breaker has never had more than a middling fanbase.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

In the middle of 2012 Kishimotto revealed in an interview that he originally thought Naruto only had 1.5 years to go but now he realises it would take 'longer than that'.

We don't know how much is 'longer than that' but we do know it will continue past 2013 as according to him the series will last for over 1.5 years (following mid-2012).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, the opposite is true. Kishi said Naruto will last more than a 1.5 years longer. And what makes you so certain you know what Jump needs? Toriko is as popular as Fairy Tail, far more popular than the other battle manga you've listed. Assassination Classroom is already a huge hit after only two volumes, with plenty of potential for further gross. Kuroko has ascended and is now a big hit. Nisekoi and HQ also are doing quite well. Do you really think Jump cares that they are not orthodox tournament manga? All are substantial hits, all are new. Kuroko is the only one that has been around long enough for an anime. Do you really think they need to pimp Hungry Joker just because the new generation of manga are not battle manga? If it's not polling well, it will be canceled. If it polls well it will last.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 29, 2013 at 03:17 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Tail may even end before Naruto :-) But I must admit that with Nanatsu no Taizai, Shonen Magazine has found a very nice new adventure title.
    Otherwise isn't that normal that the editors favor the new series a little ? But even if one chapter of Hungry Jocker is higher than is real rank doesn't mean it will be saved. For one cancelled, Jump has 10 other adventure titles waiting...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Naruto's not ending this year.

By now everyone should know where the editors place a series does not reflect how well it will rank. Bulge consistently was placed higher than Hungry Joker but was still canceled very quickly.
    From what I recall Bulge's first chapter ranked somewhere in the middle but it crashed down pretty quickly so in comparison Hungry Joker is doing decently. While the 2ch reception is worrying it should be noted that their not the be all end all on these series. After all Double Arts was praised to high heaven on 2ch and we all know what happened to it...frankly for all we know it could just be that kids like HJ. Guess we'll see how long it stays above water.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Battle Manga is a very heavily tread road. It's extremely hit-or-miss. I'd expect it's one of the most often submitted kinds of manga because the genre is so popular, so it's also got the most "People who can't do it as well as the popular ones" out there. You need uniqueness and personal flavor while still appealing to the audience. Stuff like Sensei no Bulge tried to do that but ultimately didn't get popular. So they don't just haul them out every issue, they need to make sure they meet a certain level before they can be tried out.

I haven't read Naruto in a while. I've been meaning to go through it and get back up to reading it weekly or so. But from what I DID SEE it looked like they were nearing the final battle with Sasuke pretty soon. Of course it's gonna be long and drawn out, that's Kishimoto's style, but it could still end within the 40 chapters or so left in this year.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A year ago i thought Naruto wouldn't last long anymore... now I'm not so certain anymore. Kishi drags on in ridiculous ways that it could possible go on for some years with new revelation and time skips... But i would say it's true that the Big Hitter Battle Mangas will get less over the next years without new Sprouts.

HJ may be a new one and was good enough to get a try, but if it goes on as worse as it gone for a while then even the editors will cancel it, with or without supporting the series. In the end it only matters if it makes money and i believe they will get enough new series. Hitting bottom with mainstream series may higher the risks for trying out more orthodox ones, who knows. It would be really interesting to see what series gets sorted out before on their meetings to see, if the ones publish are really the "best" ones. As Kaito mentioned some time ago, Shingeki no Kyojin was also rejected.

i wouldn't call Fairy Tail, Nanatsu, Magi, Code:Breaker, Gamaran (are the last two really big? thought the would be at best mediocre sellers) and so on a bit treat in comparison to jumps lineup.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Tail is big. Not as big as OP, Naruto, and HxH, but still big. Sells half a million copies per volume, has a popular anime, etc. Gamaran and Code:Breaker are small fry. Nanatsu is to new to really judge.

I still read Naruto. Kishi could easily end the manga in thirty chapters or less. Finish this fight, then on to the final fight. He could just as easily extend the manga another five years, or more. Sasuke seems to be on the verge of learning some great truth, the type of great truth more likely to set up Part III then it is to lead to the last fight. Keep in mind the final fight does not have to be the final fight, if you follow me. We are well past the point where we can assume anyone is concerned about storytelling and coherence. That ship sailed years ago.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 29, 2013 at 03:46 PM.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol guys, if Kishi wants to he could stretch Naruto waaaaay more!
    Simply just make Sasuke's group the new Akatsuki, how they could cope with Naruto's new power level?, well that's for Kishi to decide.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nayrael's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perroloco View Post
    Lol guys, if Kishi wants to he could stretch Naruto waaaaay more!
    Simply just make Sasuke's group the new Akatsuki, how they could cope with Naruto's new power level?, well that's for Kishi to decide.
    IIRC, in one interview someone asked Kishi "How would battle between Naruto and Tobi end?"
    He said one would die the other one would lose his ninjutsu I think.

There, his power level got reduced.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Edit. Exactly my thoughts kaiten.. But I mean sure Sasuke can become as powerful as Naruto but all his comrades are too weak for Naruto.. IMO the power levels are the problem right now, I mean they easily have surpassed Hokage level..

Maybe Naruto will lose some power or something?

Also what do you guys think of the advantage of being published in JUMP?
    Like Fairy tail sells half mill, but if it were in JUMP it would probably sell a million... Same with Kenichi, though tbh I think Kenichi would have ended a premature death in JUMP. And Magi..

Though Shingeki no kyojin and that manga about cows made by Arakawa show us magazines dont count as much..

Edit. I see Nayrael, thanks.
    Color me unsurprised Naruto seems too strong for the series to continue being coherent IMO.
    Last edited by perroloco; January 29, 2013 at 03:59 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how much of an advantage it would be. Fairy Tail is about as popular as Toriko, which is serialized in Jump. Ao no Exorcist is in SQ, and routinely outsells Bleach. The anime was really popular too, with a movie forthcoming. Shingeki is in a low circulation magazine but still among the most popular action manga, also outselling Bleach, without benefit of an anime (at least until April).

Thread Closed
Page 72 of 134 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast