Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 78 of 134 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2002

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Quote Originally Posted by perroloco View Post
    Yeah, some of the advertisements use bichrome.
    And you are right, JUMP uses red but I have seen old magazines using green and blue if I my memory isnt playing tricks.. I guess the RGB colors?
    Anyway Its too unconvinient to posts those old pics of blue/green bichrome pages since I am using a tablet and my laptop is death x.x, I will post ASAP.

Also IIRC Jaguar's ending was all color page, I assume it meant bichrome?

EDIT. I am seeing you guys are talking about fairness in the poll..

Didnt bakuman basically confirmed the editorial department takes the votes differently?
    I.e To love ru got less votes because kids where ashamed to vote for an ecchi manga but editors knew that.

Final edit..
    @xio:
    About those blue/green/red "color pages" after the real color pages, no I am not talking about those, I don't consider those CP, but they stand out anyway (different paper, blue/red/green instead of worst-than-newspaper ink) so they do the same as aregular CP, make the series stand out from the other series.
    From what I remember, Jaguar's last chapter was in bichrome, yes.

Yeah, I remember seeing those back pages in some raw scans, RGB, etc. People would see those pages after they were grayscaled and would marvel at how much better they looked in comparison with regular pages.

And I'm not exactly sure how much of Bakuman is taken as gospel or not.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Could anyone provide an actual picture of the colorful bichrome version? just curious to see how bichrome can translate to several colors...

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    Could anyone provide an actual picture of the colorful bichrome version? just curious to see how bichrome can translate to several colors...
    It doesn't really, it just looks different compared to a regular page. Bichrome because it uses a color in addition to black.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bichrome is a brutally simple topic. Bi = two. Jump added shades of red and grey, along with black newsprint to select pages. They were not considered color pages. Only red was added to the black, white, and gray. From Sexy Commando:

Last edited by Kaiten; February 01, 2013 at 01:01 PM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I've seen bichrome with green in the past as well, but I can't recall where unfortunately.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen green bichrome in Jump. From what I understand, manga magazines are not always printed in black and white. Some are sectioned off by color. I've seen LaLa raws that were blue and white, before being greyscaled. I imagine green and white is a possibility, depending on the magazine. Starks @ Freelance said part of Sunday is salmon and white. Even when it's in black and white, I've heard it looks more like newspaper print than what we see online. Dingy grey, smudged black, and a little bit of screen tone. The paper quality is so low I'm not certain the white is ever actually white.

Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Juin Jutsu Team's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Some Extra Of Jump #09 under the spoiler tag:

Spoiler show

9. Thanks 12 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Bichrome is a brutally simple topic. Bi = two. Jump added shades of red and grey, along with black newsprint to select pages. They were not considered color pages. Only red was added to the black, white, and gray. From Sexy Commando:

I have to disagree, I love bichrome pages too much not to defend them XD, Jump doesn't add shades of red and grey, its the mangakas that do the coloring for bichrome.
    ANd yeah they are considered color pages, thats why they used to advertise the chapters as full color.. Though I can only imagine the advertisement for the real all-color chapters was different, though from my memory the only all-real color chapters are in Dragon ball, the one with Arale and one at the beginning of Cell arc, I should be mistaken there might be more full real color chapters in JUMP (apart from the most known Bleach, Eyeshield, Hikaru no go, Prince of Tennis and the most recent Kuroko).

So umm anyway bichrome pages really are some of the most sought after pages because unlike real CP they dont get reprinted anytime often.. Lets suppose Kinnikuman, it must have had a tooon of CP and bichromes, but I can bet in all artbooks the mayority of pages are CP, not bichrome.. Most of the times only kanzenbans reprint them.

Also I have proof the bichromes are done by the mangakas not JUMP, you guys can check daizenshuu's kanzenban info page, it has the differences between Dragon ball's WSJ release, tankobon release and Kanzenban release.
    Obviously the tank is in black and white, but the kanzenban is exactly as Toriyama drew it, the WSJ edition is kinda different since the editors added some things like colors in the background and stuff.

Other proof is furinkan.com, color page section (I know is Shonen Sunday, but it should count as evidence that mangakas do paint those bichromes) it shows some of Takahashi's bichromes (IIRC there are some greens there).

Funny fact, Sugoi-yo Masaru san had a kanzenban re-release which is (if I understand correctly) completly in green bichrome.. Which I find odd since as a completist I would be pissed-off not to have the original red bichromes -.-.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I've never seen green bichrome in Jump. From what I understand, manga magazines are not always printed in black and white. Some are sectioned off by color. I've seen LaLa raws that were blue and white, before being greyscaled. I imagine green and white is a possibility, depending on the magazine. Starks @ Freelance said part of Sunday is salmon and white. Even when it's in black and white, I've heard it looks more like newspaper print than what we see online. Dingy grey, smudged black, and a little bit of screen tone. The paper quality is so low I'm not certain the white is ever actually white.
    I probably recalled it from a advertisement, maybe even another magazine. I'm not sure, but I know I've seen more colors than just just red and black bichrome.

It's sort of funny you said that, because you can see the dingy, varied colors in the post after yours, as well as a bunch of bichrome used in ads. Jump used to be scanned in it's entirety and uploaded in one, single file years ago, ads and all. Before the time of Kylara and big speed scan groups, and before the police busts made on Japanese scanners. None of the pages were grayscaled either. Due to the paper used being recycled paper, some pages had pink, yellow, and greenish hues to it. The quality was awful, and the ink wasn't much better either. Occasionally Asakura would get a hold of a really richly, abnormally printed issue that used more ink and looked way better, but it was such a rarity.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

oh god im gone for a few weeks and yo all lose your freakin minds. theyre not out to get you, and don't putall your faith in an eight week system we can't actually prove.

oh and the best bichrome in receent jump? mask/knob gag in inudash chapter two.

now im gonna sit on this beach and cry about kiruko

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I probably recalled it from a advertisement, maybe even another magazine. I'm not sure, but I know I've seen more colors than just just red and black bichrome.

It's sort of funny you said that, because you can see the dingy, varied colors in the post after yours, as well as a bunch of bichrome used in ads. Jump used to be scanned in it's entirety and uploaded in one, single file years ago, ads and all. Before the time of Kylara and big speed scan groups, and before the police busts made on Japanese scanners. None of the pages were grayscaled either. Due to the paper used being recycled paper, some pages had pink, yellow, and greenish hues to it. The quality was awful, and the ink wasn't much better either. Occasionally Asakura would get a hold of a really richly, abnormally printed issue that used more ink and looked way better, but it was such a rarity.
    So much mythology has developed online around these magazines, it's easy to forget what they really are. They are something people buy at the train (or bus) station, read during their commute, and throw out when they're done reading. Like any other magazine. In the age of smartphones, tablets, and Nintendo 3DS even that much has become less common. They are printed using cheap, low quality paper, using low grade newsprint. Jump costs what, 240 Yen? Tankobon are what people have on their bookshelves.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Manga as we know it first developed as children's entertainment during the occupation, before Japan's economic miracle. Publishers at the time could not afford to publish comics individually, in full color, like the American model. War shortages made the cost of paper, ink, and printing too expensive. Supplies were limited, what was available went to essential services first. Consumers would not have been able to afford collecting comics individually either. Publishers instead began collecting comics in large anthologies, published on cheap paper, using newsprint, in black and white. By the time the Japanese economy began recovering, this system was so entrenched that it remained unchanged.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aramire's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know when Miracle Jump! will be out? It's supposed to be this month, right?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jagman1x3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aramire View Post
    Anyone know when Miracle Jump! will be out? It's supposed to be this month, right?
    It'll be out on February 26, i believe.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/enterta.../2019956/full/

Famous cooking expert Morisaki Yuki (has appeared in many television shows and magazines, writer of several books, talk show host, cosplayer and gravure idol) has been attributed to cooperating with the authors of Shokugeki no Souma since chapter 5.

Yuki will be providing providing ideas for the recipes and cooking, and is sure that she will be make a really good series together with Tosh and Yuuto.

Pictures of Yuki
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Edit: Sorry, this news is more than 1 month late. I never even noticed it until just now
    Last edited by Zeromcd; February 02, 2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: spelling

18. Thanks 14 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Eru13's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally get to know who Morisaki Yuki is, I guess that gives more credibility to the recipes and so on.
    Last edited by Eru13; February 03, 2013 at 01:16 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 78 of 134 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast