Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Huh, so Kuroko is in first. Is that it's first time getting the top spot (without Lead Color etc.)? Curious to see how it will fare now that the anime has ended. If anything, it did a splendid job in boosting the series popularity that much.

Good to see the other new series still doing well, I'm a little bit worried about Nisekoi but I guess it's still too early to say anything. Still enjoying the series so I hope it will rise next time.

Feeling like Medaka is getting more special treatment lately, probably trying to promote the upcoming second anime season.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Quote Originally Posted by HalcyonDigest View Post
    You gotta be kidding. In the past year they've serialized 4 highly successful new series.
    well i am not sure i follow you. if you mean past as old as 1 year, there r 2 series that is still publishes from 2011.

or if u mean the current year, we have different opinions of highly sucessful new series definition.

and even if by either of our defs. no new manga series got serialized by the cancelling of kurogane or takamagahara.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the 4 ment are Nisekoi, HQ, Psi and assassination classroom. I don't think you can say they are not successful whatever definition you use
    Last edited by k-dom; September 26, 2012 at 09:36 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda incredible to see Nisekoi below Bleach and Kuroko on Place 1 even with Assassin and Naruto around. It may have gotten it even with OP ranked, who knows.

I feel like Nisekois story got stretched after the big success in the beginning to drag the story. In the last two scanlated chapters only a few things happened, even the ones before were like that. Not that it is bad, but its clearly paced slower for some while and i think that is the reason for the recent middle ranks it got.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HalcyonDigest's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    well i am not sure i follow you. if you mean past as old as 1 year, there r 2 series that is still publishes from 2011.

or if u mean the current year, we have different opinions of highly sucessful new series definition.

and even if by either of our defs. no new manga series got serialized by the cancelling of kurogane or takamagahara.
    Past year as in September 2011 on. And as k-dom said, no matter what highly succesful means to you there's no denying that Nisekoi, HQ, Psi Kuso Saiki and Assassination Classroom have been highly successful.

And no new manga have been serialized through the cancellation of Kurogane because it rose up in ranks for a while and Takamagahara is pretty new, it wasn't really subject to cancellation during the last cancellation process.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kuroko took the first place is not really a big surprise of this week. It has been hovering around the Top 5 spot over this year, and sooner or later this is going to happen anyway. This year is clearly Kuroko's time to shine, don't know how whether the anime hype would eventually wear off for the future.

As for Nisekoi, it's normal to feel "dragged" or whatsoever. You cannot go with linear story all the time, especially in romcom. Episodic chapters are essential to maintain the pace of the story, but I surprised though that Nisekoi's rank would fall that badly.

Finally, Gintama as a cover. I've been wondering why Gintama does not get any color pages in the last couple of months, but since it becomes a cover now, I cannot complain anymore. Perhaps Gintama would get Lead CP during its anniversary in December, or before the new anime episode start.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Finally, Gintama as a cover. I've been wondering why Gintama does not get any color pages in the last couple of months, but since it becomes a cover now, I cannot complain anymore. Perhaps Gintama would get Lead CP during its anniversary in December, or before the new anime episode start.
    Hum it deserves it ^^ Any news on when the anime will start airing again?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Westlo's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Hum it deserves it ^^ Any news on when the anime will start airing again?
    Next week, which is why it and Medaka Box got the shared cover since both are starting new seasons.l

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I'd argue that Nisekoi's recent dip in ranks is because of the newest harem member, since both of the last two ranked chapters advanced the story rather significantly, but focused on her.
    Last edited by burnpsy; September 27, 2012 at 07:59 AM.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I think the 4 ment are Nisekoi, HQ, Psi and assassination classroom. I don't think you can say they are not successful whatever definition you use
    Quote Originally Posted by HalcyonDigest View Post
    Past year as in September 2011 on. And as k-dom said, no matter what highly succesful means to you there's no denying that Nisekoi, HQ, Psi Kuso Saiki and Assassination Classroom have been highly successful.

And no new manga have been serialized through the cancellation of Kurogane because it rose up in ranks for a while and Takamagahara is pretty new, it wasn't really subject to cancellation during the last cancellation process.
    well i can and i will.nisekoi can be considered somewhat a success since it does actually have a reader base. it does seem to up the sales.but becoming huge success it aint. besides i will like to see how he can continue this manga since a rom-com gets boring real easy real fast.

HQ, this 1 has somehwat of a potential to walk down the path of slam dunk, eyeshield...and lets be honest furudate chose 1 hard sport though the only team sport that actually has to be played by a team. solitary efforts wont get u anywhere. so far it does have potential, if he can continue pacing the way this is going. i also like hinata and tobio with very unique supporting cast as backup doimg what they r supposed to do. i enjoy this 1 more than kuroko since it is more fantasy basketball than the actual sport.HQ keeps its limits at least so far.though constant ganbare theme gets a little grating somewhat but that is japanese culture.

AC; started at the same time as takamagahara(1 week early). gives of the same vibes as matsui's previous work neuro. this manga will sell if only for support and fanbase of matsui's. so far the ground work seems to be layed very slowly though. and i am not sure the 2 chapter 1 charcater focus will keep it going very far. though he seasoned it with some mouth watering myteries. but the timing of manga has to slow down or is this 1 written solely for a limited time? another manga with potential if speeds up a little. the only on this list that i actually think will be a "huge success"

Psi; this 1 is a parody manga of psychic powers. so far from what i have read i didnt get the same vibe of either gintama or sket dance. can go a fair amount though that will eventually be decided by the manga sales. harder for non-japanese to enjoy. and the first volume sale figure wasnt all that awesome needs spicing up and might end up being like reborn if it can live that long. but started low we will have to w8 till 2 volume sales to see if it can keep his sales figure up.

in conclusion ToC do have fair amount of power for WSJ but when that doesnt translate to actual sales figure that series will not live long.many of these series may actually be the 1 for any other manga magazines but inside WSJ for now at the very least they r in the magazine for making up the pages. u might see it as rubbish but u have to know what happened to other potentially good series on this magazine. so until they start to gear up and give more they cant be considered highly succesful. besides the only manga for the last year i can actually use that billing is gin no saji by arakawa hiromu. since from the start unless u make a splash on manga sales u r nothing but fodder in WSJ at the very least. so far nisekoi and HQ seems speeding up to create a niche for themselves. so billing them as quality series is more accurate. but they do have the potential to become sleeper hits.

for kurogane, it actually dissappointed me. it just couldnt shook itself from the clichés of sport manga and the supernatural side of the story couldnt get developed as well as it should have.and the sales figures are more or less like magicos was.
    Last edited by cearon; September 27, 2012 at 07:45 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Muddy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    AC; started at the same time as takamagahara(1 week early). gives of the same vibes as matsui's previous work neuro. this manga will sell if only for support and fanbase of matsui's. so far the ground work seems to be layed very slowly though. and i am not sure the 2 chapter 1 charcater focus will keep it going very far. though he seasoned it with some mouth watering myteries. but the timing of manga has to slow down or is this 1 written solely for a limited time? another manga with potential if speeds up a little. the only on this list that i actually think will be a "huge success"
    You must not have been around when Neuro was in the magazine; that was a cult hit if ever there was one, very rarely making it out of the bottom half of the magazine, often in the bottom five. Thankfully, the support must've been strong enough to let it reach a natural end, but there was many a time when it looked like it was on the verge of cancellation. There is absolutely no chance that the Neuro fanbase alone is responsible for AssClass's current domination. And again, if you'd ever read Neuro, you'd be able to make a pretty good guess as to how this one is going to develop and expand.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    You must not have been around when Neuro was in the magazine; that was a cult hit if ever there was one, very rarely making it out of the bottom half of the magazine, often in the bottom five. Thankfully, the support must've been strong enough to let it reach a natural end, but there was many a time when it looked like it was on the verge of cancellation. There is absolutely no chance that the Neuro fanbase alone is responsible for AssClass's current domination. And again, if you'd ever read Neuro, you'd be able to make a pretty good guess as to how this one is going to develop and expand.
    yes ididnt read meuro when it was published but after it was finished.it was a recommendation from a friend. moreover i was not so hot about ToC at that time.( i just bought volumes of the mangas i liked.) besides neuro still started more aggresively than AC. and my point was not it was neuro fanbase is the sole reason, i said they will absolutely buy it anyway and it wont be a slow starter on sales. maybe instead of if only i should have used even if nothing else

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Seelentau's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaze1028 View Post
    err... this cover is for the WSJ published on 15th October, right? Why're we getting a WSJ whose release is that far in the future? I always thought the WSJ we can read is officially published on the upcoming Monday? :/
    Could somebody please explain the release shedule to me? I'm confused now^^'

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member redon's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seelentau View Post
    err... this cover is for the WSJ published on 15th October, right? Why're we getting a WSJ whose release is that far in the future? I always thought the WSJ we can read is officially published on the upcoming Monday? :/
    Could somebody please explain the release shedule to me? I'm confused now^^'
    That issue will be on sale Monday 1st October.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I lost interesting in Medaka Box because of fillers too much and bored. It's time to end series of Medaka Box.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast