Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 57 of 134 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfAniManga View Post

No new volume for Bleach until early March, unless maybe you were expecting the one released in December to keep selling high weekly after a month.

Maybe what it's been through in the past few months hadn't really shone enough for the demand.
    No, I was talking about that event.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

makes sense though. When you combine tv and manga exposure, Naruto, Toriko and One Piece are the big dogs, and they're really into the New Power Generation, so of course they're the seven series getting all the attention. Bleach is on its last arc, without an anime, and with slowly decreasing sales and popularity. As much as it's a hella important long-term series for Jump, it's just not as important as those seven.

Also ASSASSCLASS' SALES WHAT THE HECK

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy Barnard View Post
    Bleach is on its last arc
    What does this have to do with anything? So is nardo. Nardo's end was already announced. And it's gonna be way before Bleach's.
    Quote Quote:
    As much as it's a hella important long-term series for Jump, it's just not as important as those seven.
    Err, yes it is. It's infinitely more important that 5 of those 7 save wan piss and nardo. None of that new gen schlock is important at all. It's just popular now, because it's new but none will hold on for any impressive amount of time. Somebody can honestly imagine Nisekoi 378? Or yaoi no basket 466? And what Jump cherishes more than anything is those long running legacies. There will be penalties if it loses some heat, sure, and it's not the first time some manga went bottom five and then returned to top 5. But to say that any of that new shit is more important than something like Bleach just because it had a rough year is simply retarded.
    The selection is clearly not made based on volume sales or overall popularity, seeing how there is no HxH and is Toriko, Nisekoi. It's solely based on the state of Jump's weekly popularity when this event was planned. Back then Bleach was on a huge downside. Now it's getting back up but it's too late to include it.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Baseballbat Boy View Post
    What does this have to do with anything? So is nardo. Nardo's end was already announced. And it's gonna be way before Bleach's.

Err, yes it is. It's infinitely more important that 5 of those 7 save wan piss and nardo. None of that new gen schlock is important at all. It's just popular now, because it's new but none will hold on for any impressive amount of time. Somebody can honestly imagine Nisekoi 378? Or yaoi no basket 466? And what Jump cherishes more than anything is those long running legacies. There will be penalties if it loses some heat, sure, and it's not the first time some manga went bottom five and then returned to top 5. But to say that any of that new shit is more important than something like Bleach just because it had a rough year is simply retarded.
    The selection is clearly not made based on volume sales or overall popularity, seeing how there is no HxH and is Toriko, Nisekoi. It's solely based on the state of Jump's weekly popularity when this event was planned. Back then Bleach was on a huge downside. Now it's getting back up but it's too late to include it.
    Neither of you know why Bleach isn't included, it's all conjecture.

But to say these newer series with burgeoning popularity don't matter is ridiculous. Why would you not promote them? You can't expect the long-running series to never end. This type of event is to promote WSJ's brand.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Baseballbat boy, for coming in only when something less than perfect is said about Bleach. you're a real boost to the image of Bleach fans out there. I was merely throwing out a whole load of different factors that *could* contribute to it, that when combined make a strong case for it not getting the same push as these three long-runners and the NPG. And I'm not even insulting Bleach, which makes your blanket attacks on other series nothing if not astounding. (also the difference between Naruto's final arc and Bleach's is that Naruto still has the anime on its side for popularity, just to help you out there).

ugh, now it just sounds like I'm trying to have the last word in. I'm done with this, else I come out any poorer than I already am

6. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hidden segment of the Nisekoi cover in the authors comment section:

Spoiler show

Apparently, most of the chapters in Takamagahara were completely redrawn and made better for the Tankobon release. This is just from what I've read online. I have not purchased it, nor ever will.
    Last edited by Zeromcd; January 07, 2013 at 08:25 PM.

8. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

maxy, his post makes me wish there was a third button "oh god what an idiot", I checked his recent post history oooooh boy, man I do love some series more than I should but I sure can recognize their flaws.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ikari, but we really should let that all be, no good comes from such things

@Zeromcd: Interesting. I may well have to give the Takamagahara tanks a look, then. I'm a sucker for things like that.

Also best tank touch on Nisekoi, there

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

December 24 ~ December 30 Jump Comic sales

*1 -- *,619,064 *,619,064  - HUNTER×HUNTER 32
    *2 -- *,574,373 *,574,373  - NARUTO 63
    *5 -- *,200,626 *,200,626  - Assassination Classroom 2
    14 -- *,*62,695 *,957,039  - HUNTER×HUNTER 31
    27 -- *,*38,758 2,724,125  - ONE PIECE 68
    32 -- *,*32,744 *,457,485  - Assassination Classroom 1
    40 -- *,*29,243 *,586,425  - Kuroko no Basket 20
    50 -- *,*25,739 *,553,332  - BLEACH 57

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Its ironic that BLEACH anime got canned for the Rock Lee spin-off show btw..

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so this gives us a total of close to 700k on AssassClass. Are there other sellers that account for the rest of the million+ it's said to have sold? I'm getting confused by all this. And many things. It's by and large my default state of being

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are printed, not sold.

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu is doing really well on a per-volume basis, partly because it's kinda booming when there are only two volumes out. It got good word of mouth and Jump started pushing it. So everyone can read the whole thing when only buying 1-2 books, as opposed to one that starts getting pushed when it has 15 volumes. Great to see though, because it's a good and original series.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

oh I know they're printed as opposed to sold. I meant to say distributors. It's just that I remember there being a thing saying that it had broken the one million mark earlier in the thread.

Heart couldn't be more warmed at the performance of AssassClass... Okay maybe more so by Haikyuu reportedly doing well but still

MH Senpai 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BianchiChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

I would like to get some help with something. I believe that the Reborn! fans would like to get a scanlation of the one shot manga that Akira Amano is going to do. Is there anyone who I could contact to see if they would do a scanlation of it or does anyone know who might do a scanlation of the one shot? It would mean a lot to the Reborn! and Akira Amano fans to get the one shot translated into English.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, uh... Hmm. If the raw's out, you can pitch it to translators over at Staff and project resources. From there you can probably interest someone in at least sprucing up said raw and typesetting it. Heck, even I'd do that if I weren't on holiday from this friday. Amano's a big name, so I doubt you'll have much trouble. As long as there's a raw that is. I still have no idea if that's the case.

Thread Closed
Page 57 of 134 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast