Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 88 of 134 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2002

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy Barnard View Post
    This is getting ridiculous in the absolute best way
    Definitely. When was the last time a series hit the two million mark in two volumes? (Rhetorical question.) It's nice to see that AC is becoming popular with the tankobon-people as well as the WSJ readership.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

so each volume has already reached the 1 million mark? (about...) that would mean that it already reaches the highs of naruto and many more. who knows, but potentially there is a marked of 3million people and more looking at op. he may archive to reach even so high xD

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tsuji's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    so each volume has already reached the 1 million mark? (about...) that would mean that it already reaches the highs of naruto and many more. who knows, but potentially there is a marked of 3million people and more looking at op. he may archive to reach even so high xD
    It's not that Assassination Classroom sold over 1 million copies for each volume (It sold around 1,2 million so far). It says there are 2,700,000 copies of volume 1 and 2 in circulation--which is still quite a feat.
    「それでは零崎を始めよう」

「傑作だぜ」

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

PSI Kusuo Saiki will be getting a figurine release in August.

This is not the important announcement that was posted on the previous page.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

A special edition of Weekly Shonen Jump called Jump VS will be released on March 22nd and will only contain battle/action manga.
    Last edited by Zeromcd; February 16, 2013 at 03:50 AM.

5. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this is... intersting. Maybe it's a slight nod from Shueisha that battle manga are starting to go out of vogue in the magazine. Or just a celebration of the most common story type in Jump's lengthy history. Either way I'm on board.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this is probably a dumb question but, will it contain oneshots by new/upcoming mangaka or will it also have stuff related to currently serialized manga?

OR, will it have a bunch of battle crossovers with various action manga characters? That would be pretty exciting.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I know this is probably a dumb question but, will it contain oneshots by new/upcoming mangaka or will it also have stuff related to currently serialized manga?

OR, will it have a bunch of battle crossovers with various action manga characters? That would be pretty exciting.
    Sorry about that. I should have made it clear in my previous post. m(_ _)m

The big text says: "A collection of new battle manga that will challenge the Weekly Shounen Jump lineup!!"

So it seems to be clear that it is going to be a battle version of Jump NEXT! and that the series that gets the most votes will be offered a spot in the regular Jump lineup.

It also says at the bottom that there will lots of special projects added in VS as well. That should involve series from the main magazine getting the usual stuff like alternate Comic covers, posters and side story chapters.
    Last edited by Zeromcd; February 16, 2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spelling

10. Thanks 16 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromcd View Post
    Sorry about that. I should have made it clear in my previous post. m(_ _)m

The big text says: "A collection of new battle manga that will challenge the Weekly Shounen Jump lineup!!"

So it seems to be clear that it is going to be a battle version of Jump NEXT! and that the series that gets the most votes will be offered a spot in the regular Jump lineup.

It also says at the bottom that there will lots of special projects added in VS as well. That should involve series from the main magazine getting the usual stuff like alternate Comic covers, posters and side story chapters.
    this will really be interesting , i hope the series i like get side story chapters, including bleach of course
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shinuki no Reborn's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromcd View Post
    will be offered a spot in the regular Jump lineup.
    in Shonen Jump?
    Last edited by Shinuki no Reborn; February 16, 2013 at 01:23 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Basically it'll be like all the seasonal Jump mags that have existed over time, and basically be a special try-out issue for a bunch of people, seems like. Think Jump NEXT but with hitting things in the face, except that this's sounding more like a guaranteed thing than that tends to be or whatnot.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that after missing the opportunity of having Shingeki due to an editorial decision of not reading the map correctly this time around Jump will let the readers decide what they want to see as a series in the magazine and also check if the hype for the genre is really decreasing or is there simply no action material that is good enough.

Waiting for the issue so I could know if also some of the more familiar artists will be there, artists that had a series or only newbies.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Shingeki would have been the same level of hit in jump. It's suited to the Shonen Magazine aesthetic, and prospered there, and I doubt it would have been the same at Jump. Editors do tend to have a good feel for their own publications, after all.

As for letting readers decide this time around? The readers basically decide every time. If the one-shot runs in Jump or one of the side-anthologies, the reader response is almost entirely the marker they use to decide whether the series should be pursued as a serial.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

only if it came as far to get a possibility to be seen by readers. many mangakas fail to reach so far, but that will also be the case for the selected mangas in the vs jump version. sometime it is better that people did a pre-selection...

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

but really that's what the one-shots are in the first place, a pre-selection for serialisation. There's no effective venue to do a pre-pre-selection. I know in this world of shameless online reading and such it seems like there's an effective interactive fanbase online, but they're so barely representative of any effective whole that their opinions are basically meaningless in the face of Jump's wider circulation. the only other thing I can think of is if they just ran everything they get given, and that's just not an option. This editorial system is the best we've got, people who work in the magazine and know their demographics assessing the worth of something to the best of their abilities.

Though of course i might just be being small-minded, and'd be interested to see what other methods people think would work.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

outsourcing the whole thing online that you can only vote with a code (number of the magazine or e-magazine you brought to get access) would be a lot easier and faster to determine the popularity of a series. you could also let them vote for every series they read and not only their top 3, so that every series after that get swallowed.

on the other hand. they could put any one-shot online they want, but that would mean that the quality could drop because every shit would be make public, so the pre-selection could be good enough.

Thread Closed
Page 88 of 134 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast