Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2002

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

This may or may not be on topic, but I found a website called The Doujinshi and Manga Lexicon(NSFW). Basically it collects and organizes information on various kinds of doujinshi produced in Japan, mostly the ones that can be bought online.

Its actually really impressive. You can search by author, by circle (which is and sometimes isn't the same thing as author), by characters, by parody (which is the series its based off of), when it was published, and whether its explicit(R-18) or not. Newer stuff have valid links that link back to the online store its from (mostly Toranoana). Most doujinshi titles have covers and preview pages, as there would have been if they were available to buy. There are no downloads on this site, every image shown is at preview quality, often with watermarks.

So naturally, I compiled a list of how much doujinshi has been produced and sold through the internet for Jump's current titles:

Number - - - - - - - - - - Series
    4908 - - - - - - - - - - - - Kuroko's Basketball
    4162 - - - - - - - - - - - - Gintama
    2403 - - - - - - - - - - - - Naruto
    1630 - - - - - - - - - - - - BLEACH
    1488 - - - - - - - - - - - - ONE PIECE
    *689 - - - - - - - - - - - - Toriko
    *377 - - - - - - - - - - - - Haikyuu!!
    *194 - - - - - - - - - - - - HUNTER x HUNTER
    *146 - - - - - - - - - - - - Sket Dance
    *132 - - - - - - - - - - - - Beelzebub
    *132 - - - - - - - - - - - - Medaka Box
    **68 - - - - - - - - - - - - KochiKame
    **24 - - - - - - - - - - - - Assassination Classroom
    **17 - - - - - - - - - - - - Nisekoi
    **16 - - - - - - - - - - - - Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san
    ***4 - - - - - - - - - - - - Saiki Kusuo no Sainan

Koisuru Edition, Hungry Joker, Cross Manage, Shokugeki no Soma, and World Trigger have not had doujinshi drawn for it yet.

Again, I will state these are only the number of doujinshi recorded being put up on doujinshi websites. So obviously older series such as One Piece, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, Gintama, and Bleach have underwhelming numbers considering they've been published for over a decade.

Anyway, I strongly recommend people to check the Lexicon out. Its an insight into what people like about series. For example, I was not expecting to find general gag stuff under AssClass. Shockingly its not all tentacle hentai.
    Last edited by Teeba; March 02, 2013 at 07:49 PM.

2. Thanks 13 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Real talk I've read some of those Kiruko doujinshi (judge me!) and they're all pretty amazing. Also the fact there's so many so early into its short life? Like... one less than Nisekoi? Shit, I should draw one just to get the numbers up.

Excellent post, bee tee dubs, teeba

EDIT: REAL TALK AN ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM KIRUKO-SAN CROSSOVER THAT IS MENTAL

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, i wasn't expecting to see so many doujinshi of Gintana. It'sso close to KnB in that site.
    Even with all events cancelations, KnB doujinshi are still the big hit. No crazy fan can stop that.
    Naruto is losing its Sasunaru fans with the war.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy Barnard View Post
    Real talk I've read some of those Kiruko doujinshi (judge me!) and they're all pretty amazing. Also the fact there's so many so early into its short life? Like... one less than Nisekoi? Shit, I should draw one just to get the numbers up.

Excellent post, bee tee dubs, teeba

EDIT: REAL TALK AN ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM KIRUKO-SAN CROSSOVER THAT IS MENTAL
    I own about 12 Beelzebub doujinshi, so I'm not in a place to judge. I don't even understand Japanese! I'm really always surprised at doujinshi. Even if the characterization is off, there's something about the way characters are drawn you can tell the artist had a lot of love for the series. And that's what's amazing. Even if (most probably) Kiruko-san goes down in flames, you can't say it didn't resonate with people, or that it didn't have a fandom -- it did.

Woah I can't believe someone wrote a crossover between the two! That's actually pretty amazing and very creative!?!

The one that stands out the most for me in Beelzebub are the two that scarily follow the style and design aesthetic of the anime. Those two could not be any more different than the actual content!

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Wow, i wasn't expecting to see so many doujinshi of Gintana. It'sso close to KnB in that site.
    Even with all events cancelations, KnB doujinshi are still the big hit. No crazy fan can stop that.
    For some reason, I was expecting to just find SasuNaru in the Naruto section. But instead I got a lot of other pairings as well.

I love how the topics change according to the season. Like in Bleach you can see how Rukia was REALLY POPULAR for an earlier period but slowly it died down and gave way to other characters and pairings.

Medaka Box has almost half its doujinshi content yaoi-centric. I....did not expect that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Did you read Air Gear? Do you read Medaka Box?
    I do. It's just that it's funny how looks can be very deceiving. I was just pointing that out. That's all.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    I do. It's just that it's funny how looks can be very deceiving. I was just pointing that out. That's all.
    So you have no issue with the fact that Oh! Great and Akatsuki Akira both are accomplished hentai artists?

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

The war in the manga or the pairing war??

And that link.... gah!! so many doujins I want to buy!! JiraTsu, MinaKushi and many more!!

@Kaiten: No, of course not. I'm just pointing out how funny it is that a guy who looks kind of innocent and charming turned out to be a hentai artist. Real life works in funny ways, after all.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but that's the author, not the artist so it's kind of moot anyway.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Though it must be said he looks very innocent for someone evil enough to do a below-average football manga, so there is that

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Haikyuu!! vol.1~5: 1,500,000

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's an increase of 500,000 from the previous 1mill announcement from volumes 1~3, I do believe, which is... Well, it's a pretty great incline, innit

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy Barnard View Post
    That's an increase of 500,000 from the previous 1mill announcement from volumes 1~3, I do believe, which is... Well, it's a pretty great incline, innit
    Volumes 1-4 will be getting complete reprintings on March 19th so it will be even more

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

@Newkerzy; the last SasuNaru moment was in the begining of 2010.
    I wasn't refering to the pairing wars, but since we touched that point, this one really increased, i can't tell for sure how it affected the doujinshi production, cause only a few are scanlated.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Animeace's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    劇場版としては17年ぶりとなるアニメ「ドラゴンボールZ 神と神」(3月30日公開)の公開を記念し、「鳥山明 The World of DRAGON BALL」と題した展覧会が東京・日本橋の高島屋8階ホールで開催される。3月27日から4月15日までで、入場料は一般800円(前売り600円)、大学・高校生600円(同400円)、中学生以下は無料。

同展は、原作者である鳥山さんの原稿、原画、カラーイラスト、アニメのセル画など約300点を一挙に公開する“コンプリート展覧会”で、同作のストーリーのように七つのドラゴンボール(コーナー)を集めながら、同作の歴史を振り返る。総勢400を超える登場キャラクターを紹介するコーナーや、関連映像を上映するコーナーなどが用意されている。

また七つのコーナーを巡ると、最後に新作アニメの公開を記念して描かれた鳥山さんの描き下ろしイラストを見ることができる。さらに、ショップコーナーでは展覧会オリジナルグッズやオフィシャルグッズの販売も予定している。

ドラゴンボールは、84年から95年まで週刊少年ジャンプ(集英社)で連載された鳥山さんの代表作。単行本は全世界で2億3000万部を発行、11年間放送されたテレビアニメは平均視聴率20%以上を誇った大ヒット作品。(毎日新聞デジタル)

Quote Quote:
    To celebrate the opening of the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods film on March 30, an "Akira Toriyama: The World of Dragon Ball" exhibition will be held in the eighth floor hall of the Nihonbashi Takashimaya store in Tokyo from March 27 to April 15.

The event will display 300 different items related to Akira Toriyama's work on the Dragon Ball series, such as cel art, original color illustrations, and similar production materials. There are seven different areas of the exhibition, in homage to the story's seven dragon balls:

Dragon Ball I: Dragon Ball Complete History. This part will look back on the work over the years.
    Dragon Ball II: Character Wall. An introduction to over 400 characters who have appeared throughout the series.
    Dragon Ball III: Original Comic Art Gallery. 200 original manga art pieces were selected from the 10.5-year, 519-chapter series, including all the pages from the first and last chapters as well as memorable scenes.
    Dragon Ball IV: Color Illustration Gallery. About 30 color illustrations personally drawn by Akira Toriyama are on display.
    Dragon Ball V: Dragon Ball Treasure Museum. A display of rare Dragon Ball materials.
    Dragon Ball VI: Anime Gallery. A selection of production materials and cels from the world of the anime.
    Dragon Ball VII: Theater Corner. Dragon Ball-related video screenings.

There will also be an onsite shop with exclusive exhibition goods and official tie-in items. Tickets for the event are 800 yen (about US$8.70).

After the exhibition closes in Tokyo on April 15, it will open in Osaka from April 17 to April 23, followed by Nagoya from July 27 to September 1. Publisher Asahi Shimbun-sha is organizing the exhibit is collaboration with Shueisha, Toei Animation, and the film's produciton committee.
    To commemorate Jump's 45th anniversary Shuiesha is offering a new line of designer pants for a limited time https://mekke.shueisha.co.jp/CGI/mek...&word=130301ss

now these are cool and something I wouldnt mind wearing

Naruto

Bleach

Yu Yu Hakusho

Jojo

Last edited by Animeace; March 03, 2013 at 08:00 AM. Reason: updated

20. Thanks 10 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Newkerzy; the last SasuNaru moment was in the begining of 2010.
    I wasn't refering to the pairing wars, but since we touched that point, this one really increased, i can't tell for sure how it affected the doujinshi production, cause only a few are scanlated.
    Ah, I see.

EDIT: that doujin database.... Good God, I've been looking for Goth-Loli Erza doujins everywhere!! why hasn't it been released around the net already??

FT seriously needs more love.
    Last edited by Newkerzy; March 03, 2013 at 08:36 AM.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Thread Closed
Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast