Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 35 of 134 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

The further I read AC, the less I feel that AC's rankings on the ToC are just hype, even on these kinds of weeks where AC outranks OP.

And speaking of OP, I wonder why it's getting three consecutive lead CPs in a row.

It's been awhile since Kurogane had last reached rock bottom, hovering in and out of the bottom 5 for months. Maybe this time, the editors are actually going to cancel it soon?
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; November 28, 2012 at 02:29 AM.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

my god what a fantastic week, way to go AC, Kuroko and bleach.

whats the occasion for one piece, is it about the movie ?
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts on this TOC

Late 2012 sure feels like 2004.
    Kiruko seems to be a hit, Assasination certainly is and Shokuegi no Souma is gonna be popular IMO, food manga+funny/erotic orgasms is a winning combination.
    Even Haikyuu seems like it could continue and be a good seller, also looking at the comiket dojinshis Haikyuu has (137 according to some info Zerocmd wrote a couple of pages ago) its gathering a big fujoshi fan-base and that always is a plus.
    . And Nisekoi is sure to continue its run (and intersting story plus a well liked author is sure to continue.. and it selling well helps).
    So that's 4 very promisiong new mangas (5 if we count Nisekoi too, though it is from 2011.. I think?).
    Hurray for HXH cover.
    Wow at Assasination Classroom beating One Piece.

EDIT:
    @you guys: Yeah its likely to promote the movie, JUMP did the same thing with Strong World some years ago, remember?
    They did this huge 3-issues of JUMP where if you put them together they completed a big drawing of the straw-hats running in their Strong World outfits.
    Last edited by perroloco; November 28, 2012 at 02:37 AM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure looks like Nisekoi's doing bad till you remember that's like, 7th and is totally fine still. Same with Haikyuu at 9th (though that's still not great).
    Anyway, can we all just declare AssassClass as the most ridiculously big thing now and high five?

And to 2012 feeling like 2004, I've been thinking that as well. A pretty successful year. But then I'd take any year over 2006

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy Barnard View Post
    Anyway, can we all just declare AssassClass as the most ridiculously big thing now and high five?
    So you tell us not to call the manga AssClass and call it AssassClass instead? That's even worse!

Anyways, there is a reason why people were being cautious despite its performance. Bulge was given too much hype when it first came out, and people, including me, were concerned that the same might happen here. After all, excluding the short story Koganeiro, AC began its run on the magazine right after Bulge, six weeks later.

But I guess AC's success was already well-proven with its renowned author and now, its stellar performance on both the ToC and volume sales cements this proof. Bulge's author wasn't that renowned and after its first few chapters, turned out to be nothing special. So yes, I'll take your high five and call it the most ridiculously big thing now.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfAniManga View Post
    So you tell us not to call the manga AssClass and call it AssassClass instead? That's even worse!

Anyways, there is a reason why people were being cautious despite its performance. Bulge was given too much hype when it first came out, and people, including me, were concerned that the same might happen here. After all, excluding the short story Koganeiro, AC began its run on the magazine right after Bulge, six weeks later.

But I guess AC's success was already well-proven with its renowned author and now, its stellar performance on both the ToC and volume sales cements this proof. Bulge's author wasn't that renowned and after its first few chapters, turned out to be nothing special. So yes, I'll take your high five and call it the most ridiculously big thing now.
    LMAO . anyways the chapters are funny and all but it needs some complexities or something.

didn't see gintama down there it's not too bad i just want it back on the top 5 or 7
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HalcyonDigest's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see AC continue to destroy the rankings, not pleased about how low Haikyuu!! is. Although I don't particularly dislike Medaka Box and Kurogane I honestly wouldn't mind seeing them go.

Anyone know what the reaction online has been to Shokugeki no Shoma has been?

Can't wait to read that Kurapika oneshot.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lutzinho's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I certainly don't like Hungry Jokers position. It seems to be kinda low for an unranked series. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled cause I really like it.
    Beelzebub and Haikyuu should be higher as well. Other than that I like the ToC

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfAniManga View Post

I don't see how you can compare Bulge and Assassination Classroom. One was a instant drop and the shortest serie of the year while the other has probably the best first ranks since One Piece.

So Cross manage was not the last rank after all. Kurogane and Medaka Box are in a serious danger if more than one of the 3 new series manage to stay.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Aren't the facts that in USA you can access mangareader and that Alpha SJ is available only there (and in Canada) related each other?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Aren't the facts that in USA you can access mangareader and that Alpha SJ is available only there (and in Canada) related each other?
    Probably, but I think they do a good job of circumventing that

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

AC once again beats OP in the ranking, the mega-promotion launched by Shuieisha seems to be paid off. Yes, I think we can call AC the next big thing now, I'm really happy that it is able to keep its ranking within the top 5 and pardon me but is this is the second or third time for AC to get the first position?. Kiruko-san might be promising too, judging where the manga is ranked by the editor before the first ranking.

Also the next surprise would be Kuroko's third position and Haikyuu. , Even though the anime hype might be wear off until now, the fact Kuroko still could beat Naruto keep amazes me.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    AC once again beats OP in the ranking, the mega-promotion launched by Shuieisha seems to be paid off. Yes, I think we can call AC the next big thing now, I'm really happy that it is able to keep its ranking within the top 5 and pardon me but is this is the second or third time for AC to get the first position?
    It's the 3d time (all of them with no big title in pause). So far appart from the 2d and 3d chapters, it's worse ranking is a 5th place (though in real ranks it's a 3d since there is the lead and a color page before)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

kuroko's position might be a reaction for death threats from fans. thou haikyuu is a little baffling. i think the story advances as good as it can be expected.i am not so sure kiruko-san is as promising as it has been put in the toc.

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spreadsheet of TOC rankings for 2012: (I have the actual file, if anyone is interested.)

19. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 35 of 134 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast