Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 8 of 134 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Huh? PsyrenxSt&RS??

That's a weird combo of authors. Of course, I know these are likely fake, but I would be very surprised if it was true.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromcd View Post
    - A battle series (Writer: Iwashiro (Psyren), Artist: Takeuchi (writer of ST&RS))
    Shouldn't that be the opposite?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DestyNova4th View Post
    Shouldn't that be the opposite?
    Actually, both the writer (Takeuchi) and the illustrator (Miyokawa) of ST&RS each had their own oneshots that they wrote and illustrated independently before working together. Takeuchi had Shirafune-kun to Tentaikei Kanojo and Miyokawa had FOO FIGHTER FUJI.

I think what probably happened after they finished their own oneshots was that they collaborated on them together to create the work that we now know as ST&RS today. From Takeuchi's oneshot, Shirafune's name is carried over. I don't know if they carried anything else over from that oneshot because I can't find it anywhere to read, but we know that at least the name was carried over. From Miyokawa's oneshot, the artistic style is carried over, which is especially noticeable when you compare it to the chapters when everyone finally reaches Mars. Both oneshots are also space-themed.

As for Iwashiro, he was both the writer and illustrator for Psyren.

So it's not really awkward to see the writer of ST&RS become the illustrator and the creator of Psyren become the writer for the new series if it materializes.
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; October 11, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm. Well, if that's true, it could certainly be interesting. I was no big fan of Psyren but usually with writing an author improves over time. And I wasn't a big fan of the art style anyhow. I hope those two come up with something good.

"System engineer themed"? I haven't got a clue what that could be about. SE may stand for something else. There are a few others:
    http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/SE

Anyhow, we'll see if that's true or not next TOC I guess. There's obviously a good chance it's fake.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post
    Hm. Well, if that's true, it could certainly be interesting. I was no big fan of Psyren but usually with writing an author improves over time. And I wasn't a big fan of the art style anyhow. I hope those two come up with something good.

"System engineer themed"? I haven't got a clue what that could be about. SE may stand for something else. There are a few others:
    http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/SE

Anyhow, we'll see if that's true or not next TOC I guess. There's obviously a good chance it's fake.
    The collaboration itself could be fake but I think Iwashiro returing is true. Wasn't it mentioned a few monts that he was working on a new series? Would match up pretty well if that was the case. Psyren was pretty much my favorite battle manga in the last few years and frankly since it ended I don't think JUMP has produced much in the way of decent battle manga(Barrage was the most stand out on to me in a while, but it got axed so eh) I do like that JUMP is experimenting with new genres and all but it would be nice to get a new action series that actually sticks around long enough to be successful(If only because most of the current ones have gone downhill recently).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kubukurin's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion Reborn! will come to its natural end in the next couple of weeks (we should have the new series in issue 51-52 as usual so I say that there are 4 chapter left or even less) and only Taka will be axed.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I can say for certain that with the way the last chapter of Kurogane there is no way to end it in ~4 chapters up to the first issue of 2013, Either it's half true or completely false, about Iwashiro working with an artist that might be real since I remember a claim by him that he was almost always the last to hand over the chapter script every week and it was mostly him and Sorachi-Sensei and I believe that it was due to story planning and not just the drawing although they also steadily improved but still I hope it's not true since his style grew on me and I want him to draw his story.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

well wouldnt mind to hear either 1s cancelation news, kurogane destroyed itself and with HQ actually doing what a good sports manga should be doing i basically dont care. there is also the kuroko for the fantasy sports so....taka never pulled itself together and couldnt get going from the start. i actually thought it was a one-shot and not a series.well best way to learn is by making mistakes so maybe the next serial he/she makes will be better. kurogane might get send it to jump next to give it an ending thou.well if they r gonna get canceled will learn about them next couple of chapters.

about the new "possible" 2 series; iwashiro's psyren i liked (the story) and stars were ok. maybe it will turn out a very productive relationship and might be the next good coupling of mangakas (well might as well hope). about the system engineering manga if it is that i hope we wont get a jump take on bloody monday or something from B-grade hollywood virus attack type thing. thou japanese likes those themes.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jaiden82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO I'd rather see Takamagahara get canned instead of Kurogane. The last couple of chapters have been pretty damn good.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by susanoo13 View Post
    I can say for certain that with the way the last chapter of Kurogane there is no way to end it in ~4 chapters up to the first issue of 2013, Either it's half true or completely false, about Iwashiro working with an artist that might be real since I remember a claim by him that he was almost always the last to hand over the chapter script every week and it was mostly him and Sorachi-Sensei and I believe that it was due to story planning and not just the drawing although they also steadily improved but still I hope it's not true since his style grew on me and I want him to draw his story.
    Its not ending its getting cancelled, there is a difference:
    Ending=The author wants to finish the series. You could say, that'd be a natural ending. The conclusion the author wants for his work (manga).
    Canceled=The publisher wants to finish the series. It didn't rank/sold as well as the publisher was expecting to.

And well, don't worry JUMP mangaka are creative when it comes to ending cancelled series, my favorite cancelled-rush-finale is Saint Seiya everything is done-explained in like a volume or two. BTW this was a BIG series, 28 volumes long so it had some things to explain and it still got a rushed ending.
    Bottom point is: I think 4 chapters is good enough for the author to wrap things up, heck there is this author that from what I recall reading his manga was cancelled in JUMP in like chapter 9.. Chapter 8 was something like he was fighting or something, chapter 9 is a time-skip with a female character we hadn't even seen and all random stuff.. So yeah 1-chapter-rush-finale for the win. I think the mangaka is KIYU.

As for Takagamahara, I like it, its simple and doesn't try to be all phylosopical and stuff, kinda like BLEACH except BLEACH does try to be poetic, I mean I didn't care when Kubo wrote poems on comments on BLEACHs's volumes but when those poems began showing on BLEACH (The heart) I was like huh >.>
    Anyway I wonder if Takagamahara gets axed too, will Viz publish it physically too?? And if so, how did they choose those 2 series over Assasination Classroom? I mean you would expect them to test water with it too >.>
    Maybe the digital rights were more pricy for Assasination Classroom, a manga by a veteran author..

And WOW.. I wouldn't have expected Bulge to sell that low >.> To think that Viz is gonna print this, I don't think its gonna sell well. Hopefully Viz brings REBORN and Gintama to Alpha and prints the volumes, even if they do a Print on demand sort of thing or something.. I have read the JUMP licesing department like has disccussed how they now understand that titles that have sold well in Japan (i.e. Reborn, Gintama, sport titles) might not sell so hot in other countries (i.e. United States, Spain) so hopefully they come to a conclusion that print on demand for this sort of hit-or-miss titles would be benefical to all parties (Shueisha, the author, the publisher and the fans).

And well.. Kinda got carried away lol, I hope the TOC is real, not because I like seeing Taka cancelled, but because if so then there is a JUMP insider posting stuff :3
    Last edited by perroloco; October 14, 2012 at 01:22 PM.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

For that part I have to admit you're right, none of the volumes of Kurogane have sold 40K IIRC and even a series which ranks second to last only to Takamagahara sold on the first volume almost as good in only 4 days so that really is a problem and also it hasn't risen much above the bottom 5 but still I'm having trouble believing this is true and until I see it happen I believe the series that will end are the bottom 2 unless 3 series end and we will also regain HXH.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO HXH should be coming around mid-december to promote the movie.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perroloco View Post

And WOW.. I wouldn't have expected Bulge to sell that low >.> To think that Viz is gonna print this, I don't think its gonna sell well.
    I don't think they actually *are* going to do print editions of Barrage. The first volume is available digitally now that its finished, but its not among their listed releases all the way up to May 2013, and that'd be... well, there's be no momentum from the alpha serialisation at all.

EDIT: Oh wait they've planned it for March 2013 now. That's... well that's a terrible decision.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy Barnard View Post
    I don't think they actually *are* going to do print editions of Barrage. The first volume is available digitally now that its finished, but its not among their listed releases all the way up to May 2013, and that'd be... well, there's be no momentum from the alpha serialisation at all.

EDIT: Oh wait they've planned it for March 2013 now. That's... well that's a terrible decision.
    I do wonder if they're using this as a test to see if the alpha serialization did anything for the series, testing the grounds if you will.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by [Cross] View Post
    I do wonder if they're using this as a test to see if the alpha serialization did anything for the series, testing the grounds if you will.
    I'd heard quite a few of the Alpha subscribers did like the series so it may not be a total loss for them to do a physical release. Still not likely to do that great but eh.

Thread Closed
Page 8 of 134 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast