Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 32 of 134 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

And of course to say nothing of the fact that the anonymous criminal purportedly claims that the author should know who he is. It's all a bit mental, and bodes ill for Kuroko's future if events and the like have to keep being cancelled in the face of these threats.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Total nonsense to me, I don't have a clue what makes this guy/girl/group so angry.
    Agreed. This is the work of a sick, sick person. Only a truly disturbed person would send death threats. Not liking a manga or anime is an excuse, not a reason or explanation. The only real explanation is that this is someone in need of counseling, there are no rational explanations for behavior of this sort.

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely there are other ways to show his contempt for the manga, ways that don't harm innocents? I can't believe there are people who take these sort of things so far...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the feeling that whoever the culprit is, it must be someone Fujimaki knows. Feels like the last Bakuman arc all over again. Otherwise, why would he go so far as to attack Fujimaki's almamaters. I don't think someone would've attacked them unless he knew it was Fujimaki's school. Unless of course, Fujimaki disclosed it.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel sorry for Fujimaki for having to deal with this kind of person. There shouldn't have been anything he did to provoke someone to such an extent and deserve these threats. Perhaps the threatener is jealous of the manga's recent success?
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fujimaki didn't do anything to provoke this person. Jodie Foster did not do anything to incite John Hinckley's obsession, but he still shot the President in an attempt to impress her. This person clearly has psychological problems, issues that run much deeper than being "jealous of the manga's recent success". This person is not sending death threats because of Koroko anymore than Hinkley was trying to reenact Taxi Driver. Both were simply triggers, the focus of obsession, rather than the root cause. Like Hinkley, this person probably has a history of depression and obsessive behavior. When they catch this person, Fujimaki will ultimately prove to have little to do with the threats. Fujimaki was the victim, not the cause.
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 23, 2012 at 11:57 AM.

8. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Kiruko san is having some positive feedback (at least from the internet community, even if it is not entirely representative, it's still an achievement). I would not have bet on this serie if it was just me. I'm not sure it is good for Hungry Joker though.

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

2ch'ers also really seem to dig Kiruko. While Hungry Joker gets quite a good amount of shit from them. But as always, one should keep in mind that the community there is not representative either. So this might actually prove quite interesting when the first results turn up.

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    2ch'ers also really seem to dig Kiruko. While Hungry Joker gets quite a good amount of shit from them. But as always, one should keep in mind that the community there is not representative either. So this might actually prove quite interesting when the first results turn up.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Seems like Kiruko san is having some positive feedback (at least from the internet community, even if it is not entirely representative, it's still an achievement). I would not have bet on this serie if it was just me. I'm not sure it is good for Hungry Joker though.
    Honestly I like Kiruko too. It sorta feels like the type of manga that belongs in Sunday or Magazine though. The art is also a bit weird but that's just my opinion. Supposing this series isn't axed in it's infancy like most things in Jump, I think that could improve. I really don't want to like this series for that reason as well, but it's growing on me. *sighs* Now I'll actually be interested in the TOC again....my heart can't take it...
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Koukushi Musou!! (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-D-Rufi-Thread
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com

Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Comic Market 83 - Doujin circles aimed at women
    900 Kuroko no Basket
    426 Prince of Tennis
    318 Gintama
    262 Reborn
    208 One Piece
    182 Naruto
    137 Haikyuu!!
    126 Yu-Gi-Oh series
    *98 BLEACH
    *68 Toriko
    *66 Saint Seiya series
    *40 Nurarihyon no Mago
    *38 D.gray-man
    *34 Dragon Ball, Captain Tsubasa, Slam Dunk
    *32 Jojo
    *30 Hunter x Hunter
    *24 Hikaru no Go
    *21 Sket Dance
    *16 Medaka Box, Neuro
    *13 Death Note
    *10 Beelzebub
    **9 Bakuman
    **6 Assassination Classroom
    **2 PSI Kusuo Saiki

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Can't believe I thought that Haikyuu wasn't gonna be popular with Fujoshi when it first started (>_>)
    Last edited by Zeromcd; November 25, 2012 at 06:07 AM.

13. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks for the list, Zeromcd! By any chance, did you go to the C83 web catalogue to get those numbers? Not that I want to compare those numbers with non-Jump manga or anything.

As amazing as that list is, imagine what would happen if Comiket took those Kuroko threats seriously and didn't allow any of the Kuroko circles from attending. Seriously.

And can I just say it? Medaka Box's readership is only 26% female, and yet it has more female-aimed doujinshi than Death Note, Bakuman, or even Beelzebub. That's kind of unusual!

Beelzebub's numbers have dropped since last time, which is kind of a shame but its to be expected. The anime's popularity boost has worn off, and a couple of circles have dropped Beelzebub to focus on either Kuroko or Haikyuu! I am not sure if these numbers are similar to pre-anime figures, but they might even be lower than that.

Assasination Classroom and PSI surprise me again. They are so new, and yet people are already making doujinshi to share with other people. I think Nisekoi had similar numbers (aimed at men, certainly) when it first started too. Its nice to see Neuro, which ended 4 years ago, still having circles in Comiket too. It makes my heart warm and fuzzy inside.

I wonder how the list would compare with C83's Jump doujinshi aimed at men? Hah! As if there's a male equivalent for even half of the manga listed there.
    Last edited by Teeba; November 25, 2012 at 06:50 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Chrome's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromcd View Post
    Can't believe I thought that Haikyuu wasn't gonna be popular with Fujoshi when it first started (>_>)
    I have read only one chapter of Haikyuu, and I'm honestly not surprised at all at the popularity with fujoshi. The style is nice, and pretty boys + sports is generally a winning combo.

What surprises me the most is how popular Prince of Tennis still seems to be! The manga isn't exactly a huge hit at the moment, but I guess this is the sort of series where the same fans stick around for a decade and still produce/buy enough stuff to keep it going. (Which I'm also guilty of, ah!)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince of Tennis IS a huge hit, while it might not be a million seller like it was on its WSJ run, the sequel sells very, very good (as in 200k first week IIRC, so in the long run probably about 500k would be my estimate), recently had an anime, a movie, the kanzenbans, it has a lot going for it, really.

D-Gray Man at only 38.. I always thought it had more Doujinshis, and TORIKO at 68 wow. Never guessed it was that much popular with the fujoshis.
    And finally Saint Seiya having 66 its way ahead out of the other old titles (Dragon Ball, Captain Tsubasa and SLAM DUNK) maybe Omega has boosted it? Jojo having 32 is halfway there, the anime probably helped, or does it get that many doujinshis?
    And finally YuYu Hakusho, I know its old but I always thought it would get some doujinshis every so often.. And Rurouni Kenshin too, you would have supposed with the movie it would have gotten a few doujinshis v.v

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko has a lot of Toricoco fans.
    I'm surprised Jojo isn't higher. Kuroko really exploded into that market, didn't it? Reallly did...

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perroloco View Post
    D-Gray Man at only 38.. I always thought it had more Doujinshis, and TORIKO at 68 wow. Never guessed it was that much popular with the fujoshis.
    And finally Saint Seiya having 66 its way ahead out of the other old titles (Dragon Ball, Captain Tsubasa and SLAM DUNK) maybe Omega has boosted it? Jojo having 32 is halfway there, the anime probably helped, or does it get that many doujinshis?
    And finally YuYu Hakusho, I know its old but I always thought it would get some doujinshis every so often.. And Rurouni Kenshin too, you would have supposed with the movie it would have gotten a few doujinshis v.v
    D.Gray-man suffers from irregular hiatuses like Hunter X Hunter. While it's still hugely popular, its fandom has cooled down considerably after Hoshino transferred to SQ.

Personally this is why I find doujinshi really fascinating. Its not a fair way to measure a series' popularity or influence, but it does in a way tell you what is generating a lot of interest at any given moment.

For comparison, here is the list from C82:
    Quote Quote:
    498 Prince of Tennis
    452 Kuroko no Basuke
    424 Gintama
    380 Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    368 Blue Exorcist
    262 One Piece
    242 Naruto
    *70 Toriko
    *58 BLEACH
    *35 Hunter x Hunter
    *21 SKETDANCE
    *18 Nurarihyon no Mago
    *13 Beelzebub, Medaka Box
    **8 Haikyuu!!
    **2 Nisekoi
    **1 Assassination Classroom, Magico, Sensei no Bulge
    Its quite a different picture, right? And yet it was only three months ago.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 32 of 134 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast