Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 91 to 100 of 100

Thread: Theories about Mainland.

  1. #91
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theories about Mainland.

    Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    What if the Asarakam, after Awakening, are like Animals ? They lose all forms of intelligence and are unable to really use their minds properly ?

    Because didn't Rimuto say that their Awakenings where Similar to Claymore? We all know that when a Claymore Awakens they keep all of their intelligence and crave human guts, yes they're are a bit loopy after the change but once they calm down they're pretty deadly. What if an Asarakam lost all of that Humanity and never gained it back ? Instead they become predatory but are pretty docile ?

    So say that the Asarakam lose their intelligence would that make them easier to control? Maybe the "other side" that is against the Org is just using them like you said. Maybe they've even been trained to kill a Claymore and Awakened on sight ?
    did Rimuto not say that they were similar in the fact that once they transform there is no going back
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  2. #92
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hueco Mundo
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theories about Mainland.

    ^ That ws it :P

    But because he said they are similar in the way theres no turning back surely there are some other mental differences to them aswell ?

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #93
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theories about Mainland.

    I suspect that the Asakaram are quite eldritch in their manners and mind processes.
    They might have moralities that a human would find completely horrifying yet its perfectly normal for their species.
    But there is one thing that continues to puzzle me
    If the Asakaram are such eldritch abominations of nature...then why...why do their DoD forms have a human face?
    Can anyone explain that then I would be very grateful.

  5. #94
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theories about Mainland.

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    not Alien but not human
    And every intelligent race that's different fro Humanity is called alien race ( 'alien' is english word adn means 'foreign'; in other words 'not ours' ).
    They don't have to be from another planet to be aliens, ol.

    Quote Quote:
    He wants the H/A DEAD, i am sure he would feel sorry and sadness for the deaths of Miria and Clare..but he wants his side to win more then he wants their friendship.
    And like I said, he knew from the start who they are and he could have killed them million times.
    But he choose to save their lives and help them later. So he lied them about that too.
    and how did he save Miria when she attacked the org.....hmm or right he did not in fact he was watching as she was being killed-tho he did say that if she had not been alone she probably would have succeeded.

    ---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    What if the Asarakam, after Awakening, are like Animals ? They lose all forms of intelligence and are unable to really use their minds properly ?
    But according to Rubel they were still fighting with the other side, never mentioning that they too annihilate their own military forces.
    Which indicates that they have some sort of intelligence and self awareness. This is further proven by Rimuto who knew everything about them and yet he never said something like that.

    Quote Quote:
    So say that the Asarakam lose their intelligence would that make them easier to control? Maybe the "other side" that is against the Org is just using them like you said. Maybe they've even been trained to kill a Claymore and Awakened on sight ?
    I disagree on intelligence part but I agree agree on using part.
    You don't have to be mindless animal to become slave and obey without question.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  6. #95
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hueco Mundo
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theories about Mainland.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    I disagree on intelligence part but I agree agree on using part.
    You don't have to be mindless animal to become slave and obey without question.
    But how would Humans be able to control such a massive monster ?

  7. #96
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theories about Mainland.

    Control is possible if the Asakaram are capable to be reasoned with.
    before they go DoD
    if that´s now is possible.
    ...

  8. #97
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theories about Mainland.

    Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    But how would Humans be able to control such a massive monster ?
    Organization was able to control male awakened, so why would it be so strange to tame something like that?
    Especially if they have advanced technology like I theorised.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  9. #98
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hueco Mundo
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theories about Mainland.

    ^ It could be that. Or the ones controlling them have something real deadly they could unleash onto them ? Maybe they've experimented with Yoma aswell ?

    And I don't relly think the Org controlled the Male Awakened they made, didn't they just dump them somwhere and leave them to their own devices ?

  10. #99
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theories about Mainland.

    I really like the way some of these discussions are going, well done for keeping things civil and on point.

    Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    And I don't relly think the Org controlled the Male Awakened they made, didn't they just dump them somwhere and leave them to their own devices ?
    It 's a little more complicated than that. (All awakeneds, male and female were treated roughly equal.)

    It's stated, that in reality, it's only the 3 abyssmals who were truely 'left to their own devices' simply because they were so powerful and because the Org didn't have a suitable countermeasure (until A+B); since it often required an awakened no.1 to kill one (tho I am aware that recent events have kind of put a kink in that).

    As long as they stayed out of the way the org was happy to let them be. Request or no request seamingly. It was often more an accident that Claymores encountered an abyssmal - Jean's team, I'm looking at you.

    Lower ranking awakeneds, however, were fair game if the Org. recieved a kill request. So in some ways it’s true they are ‘left to their own devices,’ but there is a subtle difference. Basically, anyone who wasn't an abyssmal was a victim waiting to happen, if you popped up.

    Did they control any awakeneds? Plz See below.

    Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    But how would Humans be able to control such a massive monster ?
    There has actually been a possible answer to this presented in the manga already. And control can be anything from mind control to blackmail to back alley dealings; all resulting in 'control' as in the target doing what you say.

    The male awakened in The Slashers arc, cause he is the only awakened of any stripe we have seen controlled by the Org. (unless I missed someone). He even says, 'I kill those warriors who are sent to me.'

    Who would have him do this other than the Org? I would suggest that he was offered a good 'deal', backed by an implyed threat.

    Reminds me of a line from a comic I read;

    'You have two opitions, 1. Do as I say or 2. Don't; oh and with option two, I hunt you down and I kill you'.

    That's how I saw it, he does as he is told; it's not like he would be believed by any warrior and even Miria says so and she's not a nut.

    Would you disobey if someone told you Ophilia would be dispatched if you didn't? She's insurance that the awakeneds they do have deals with don't betray them, and awakened like humans, prefer jobs that don't involve suicide.

    I'm guessing thats why characters like Ophilia were so useful as she could be convinced to kill for fun, such as force someone to awaken and then kill them. Ophilia's a rare case; although I would suggest that Hysteria might have had a simular role before she became no.1 and went a-wall.

    While some could argue that Rubel was solely responsible for that male awakeneds 'job'; I would argue that it's more likely he provided the idea to Rumuto as a solution to wayward warriors. Create decently strong males to kill troublemakers and when one is killed simply replace it and offer the deal to him. Which is what the male seems to be implying when he says what Miria said about male awakeneds was not strictly true. Or that was my understanding, I'm sure other ppl may not agree.

    Back on topic. It's just more proof that everyone has a price; only those with serious staying power are exempt, but even they can be bribed.

    If Askaram are intelligence enough to have desires, understand deals and recognise threats; someone could try that. Its the difference between ordering around a slave, who doesn't know any better, and dealing with a thinking, rational being.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    If the Asakaram are such eldritch abominations of nature...then why...why do their DoD forms have a human face? Can anyone explain that then I would be very grateful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    If Askaram are alien race why would they join human wars? and pick a side to that?
    They are either blackmailed or enslaved.
    @ Nanozom;
    Would you believe that it’s more dramatic?

    And quite frankly, it makes more sense since while even bats and snakes use senses humans don’t (sonar and thermal vision – tongue etc) have even they have mouths, noses and eyes.

    No one has said they are abominations of nature as far as I remember, can you quote it for me if there was?

    I agree abomination on it’s own however would apply; as it usually reserved for things that are dangerous or not understood by humans, often both.

    They just said that they are inhuman; dogs are inhuman, but we don’t call them abominations of nature. Unless they really were from outer space; I assume they evolved on the claymore planet and thus are natural and not abominations of nuture.

    We also have had only two descriptions of the Askaram; one by Rubel to Maria, which was just a political situational assessment for all intensive purposes, and another by Rumuto, who gave use a rundown of what the Org. side does know about their size, reproductive and lifecycle traits, which could amount to rumor and speculation.

    I could be completely wrong, but It always seemed more likely to me that what the Org. faction knew of their enemy was misinformation. I assume that even the two hundread foot tall Askaram in the lab was some kind of transformed state, simply because claymores\awakeneds can have three states.

    Consider Clare. She had her original form, human in apperence. She possessed a combat form; which possessed awakened weapons grafed to her human frame, but clearly she had lost her human apperence. We know that full awakening often result in an almost complete loss of a human figure. (Look at europa and Miata.)

    It’s just a baseless theory for now and I have no proof, but I would like to believe that they might be simular and have a human sized form as well. It's the only way I can get away with their faces.

    @ Brother Coa
    Blackmail and enslavement are both possible; though I personally feel blackmail is more likeily than stright up enslavement just because of how powerful said Askaram are reputed to be.

    However, lets assume it’s neither. In science-fiction there are actually a number of notable examples of one race, that is completely different from another, getting involved in another race(s) wars/civil wars.

    Examples being - The Doctor from Dr Who or The Autobots from Transformers and even Humans from time to time (Star trek, Babylon 5).

    Positive motivators could be:

    The reasons can be varied; something to gain (land etc), the greater good (eveyone will be happier if the war is over) or simply for no other reason than it's the right thing to do.

    Negitive motivators could be;

    If the Org side wins control then the Askaram could face a overwhelming war in the future and they are fighting because they imagine the size of army org.side would command if they took over the world, and don't like it.
    Last edited by Decepticon; July 08, 2013 at 08:13 PM. Reason: sorting out a few things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
    Until (or should I say, unless) Yagi tells us otherwise, it could go either way. It's his story, afterall... so logic doesn't mean squat. But for argument's sake, assuming Yagi hasn't entirely given up on plot development, I'd prefer logic to... whim.

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #100
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Irene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Waiting to return to the series...
    Country
    The Wall
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theories about Mainland.

    I hope that the mystery over the Mainland will mean the Claymore series will last at least 40+ volumes. Especially once I make my return.
    Galarene <3

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts