Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Claymore: Lost Chapter?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore: Lost Chapter?

There´s something that have been bugging me as I looked through the forums and that´s something regarding Roxanne.
    I have seen comments of how she was scarier than a certain awakened being that she fought with while she was a warrior. Said awakened one is supposedly some sort of Centipede creature made from women parts... This apparently was her one and only fight as a warrior before the whole resurrection.

The problem is... Where in the ever loving heaven, hell and earth IS said chapter featuring this event?
    I can´t find it, or anything like it and the only thing I seen her fight before resurrection is the Twins and (getting powned) by Cassandra.
    Where is this Centipede!?

If anyone can find any details or confirmation or even better... the actual scene itself of this fight between her and the Centipede... then I would be really grateful since I really want to see this awakened one.
    So is this a scene missing from the manga or is this creature just a urban legend among the Claymore fandom?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore: Lost Chapter?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    There´s something that have been bugging me as I looked through the forums and that´s something regarding Roxanne.
    I have seen comments of how she was scarier than a certain awakened being that she fought with while she was a warrior. Said awakened one is supposedly some sort of Centipede creature made from women parts... This apparently was her one and only fight as a warrior before the whole resurrection.

The problem is... Where in the ever loving heaven, hell and earth IS said chapter featuring this event?
    I can´t find it, or anything like it and the only thing I seen her fight before resurrection is the Twins and (getting powned) by Cassandra.
    Where is this Centipede!?

If anyone can find any details or confirmation or even better... the actual scene itself of this fight between her and the Centipede... then I would be really grateful since I really want to see this awakened one.
    So is this a scene missing from the manga or is this creature just a urban legend among the Claymore fandom?
    i have never herd of this before
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    i have never herd of this before
    I found this urban legend from here... and have no clue if it´s accurate or not... (See Roxanne´s entry.)
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...eFuel/Claymore
    I´m doubtful to it, but it´s mentioned more than once on other sources so I don´t know...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Number A's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Could they just be talking about Cassandra? She was a 'recently-turned Awakened Being' Roxanne fought her 'prior to her own transformation', maybe you could describe her Awakened for as 'several female bits of various scale stacked together randomly to create a Creepy Centipede', and she certainly 'proceeds to momentarily kick Roxanne's ass'.

Maybe the TV Tropes page edit history will be more forthcoming. Make an account there and see if you can find anything.

It's also a wiki so someone bored by the chapter-wait who's decided to make some ambiguously phrased comment about Roxanne to excite people is totally possible.
    Last edited by Number A; July 29, 2014 at 04:43 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I found this urban legend from here... and have no clue if it´s accurate or not... (See Roxanne´s entry.)
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...eFuel/Claymore
    I´m doubtful to it, but it´s mentioned more than once on other sources so I don´t know...
    Oh, they are definitely talking about Cassandra. Someone just tried to describe her and kinda fumbled words.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leroid View Post
    Oh, they are definitely talking about Cassandra. Someone just tried to describe her and kinda fumbled words.
    Cassandra looks nothing like a centipede.

she is more of a "hydra"
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I think how an Awakened Being is being perceived (eg. its appearance - size, shape and form) is subjective. It is like some people like the way it looks while others don't. I think description can vary.

Maybe the article is referring to Cassandra whom Roxanne has fought with.

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

So in short... the entry on that wiki needs to be changed and corrected?
    (Since I have been driving myself nuts over this supposed centipede since I really wanted to see it and is too afraid to type in "Female woman Centipede" due to that...horrible...horrible...HORRIBLE movie "Human Centipede"...I haven´t seen it, just the wiki article and that alone is enough to give me nightmares, I don´t need images to it... So I have never been able to find any images of this Centipede awakened from Claymore...)
    If so, then the correction needs to be done as soon as possible so no more souls might stumble upon that movie by accident and spare them from incurable traumas in the future.
    I thank you all for clarifying this to me, since it was the only thing that bugged me about Roxanne.
    Thanks

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

So in short... the entry on that wiki needs to be changed and corrected?
    (Since I have been driving myself nuts over this supposed centipede since I really wanted to see it and is too afraid to type in "Female woman Centipede" due to that...horrible...horrible...HORRIBLE movie "Human Centipede"...I haven´t seen it, just the wiki article and that alone is enough to give me nightmares, I don´t need images to it... So I have never been able to find any images of this Centipede awakened from Claymore...)
    If so, then the correction needs to be done as soon as possible so no more souls might stumble upon that movie by accident and spare them from incurable traumas in the future.
    I thank you all for clarifying this to me, since it was the only thing that bugged me about Roxanne.
    Thanks
    What about how she died the first time?

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    What about how she died the first time?
    That´s actually the reason I was looking for the Centipede... I thought that was her death scene.
    Last edited by Nanozom; July 30, 2014 at 10:56 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Darkensed's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember such thing happened in the manga... Just Roxanne vs Cassandra fight.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping for a Extra scene showing how Roxanne died the first time a man can always hope

New Reply