Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Theories about Mainland.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Theories about Mainland.

With regards to the translation uncertainty in Scene 79, I have personally confirmed a somewhat significant implication relating to the nature of the alliance. In the panel concerned, the prominent English translation online (the only one I come across anyway,) Miria mentions the "dragon-like tough-skinned race" are simply the ally of the other side. I then cross-examined the Chinese translation (due to not being able to find the Japanese at first,) her explanation implies a more superficial relationship between the two.

I just found out today that the actual phrase used was 引き入れ (hikiire) which more or less means "to win over" or "to drag into." Putting it in context, Miria says that the other side has won over the Asarakam as allies, or words to that effect, meaning the alliance is most likely conditional and not a free contract. (Note that this is only according to her intelligence and research, irrational as it is, I trust her on that haha.)

With that, Brother Coa you're totally spot on in your speculation (if you didn't know about that in the first place anyway :P) and this makes it easier to build further theories on related issues.

As an aside, I ended up buying Volume 22 (the one where Cassandra keeps saying shit for 5 chapters) instead of Volume 15 (the one with Scene 79.) The store manager told me about a really bad crease in their only Vol. 15, he let me open the wrapper and check the severity of it... and I took the opportunity to take a sneaky peak at that page :P

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Utsune for your hard effort

So if Miria's speculation is true than the other side is not controlling DoD's 100%, just like I speculated.
    It is logical really, if the other side is in full control over DoD's they would won that war ages ago. This coudl be quite a twist if Miria and Ghosts ever decide to go to the Mainland. They might find some unexpected allies there.

And quite a way to get the info you want. Well done.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    Thank you Utsune for your hard effort

So if Miria's speculation is true than the other side is not controlling DoD's 100%, just like I speculated.
    It is logical really, if the other side is in full control over DoD's they would won that war ages ago. This coudl be quite a twist if Miria and Ghosts ever decide to go to the Mainland. They might find some unexpected allies there.

And quite a way to get the info you want. Well done.
    If they ever go to the main land or whatever...i bet the Asarakam will teach them the secrets of there bodys....(Rubel seemed very confadent that half awakens would lead the Org in the direction of making controllable awakened beings...so i think the other side knows alot more about "Claymores" and "Awakened beings" the the Org dose
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    If they ever go to the main land or whatever...i bet the Asarakam will teach them the secrets of there bodys....(Rubel seemed very confadent that half awakens would lead the Org in the direction of making controllable awakened beings...so i think the other side knows alot more about "Claymores" and "Awakened beings" the the Org dose
    I can imagine the Asakaram teaching Warriors how to control their Awakening because if the Askaram were similair to Claymores when they Awaken wouldnt they wipe out everyone on the Mainland after losing their Humanity? I think that the Asakaram will probably train their minds so that their conciousness doesent change when they turn and that when they Awaken theyll have the same mindset as they did before they changed ^^ (of course i could be completely wrong and probably am XD)

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    I can imagine the Asakaram teaching Warriors how to control their Awakening because if the Askaram were similair to Claymores when they Awaken wouldnt they wipe out everyone on the Mainland after losing their Humanity? I think that the Asakaram will probably train their minds so that their conciousness doesent change when they turn and that when they Awaken theyll have the same mindset as they did before they changed ^^ (of course i could be completely wrong and probably am XD)
    i was thinking more that they are fully aware of how to create claymore's

But that make sense....maybe they will show the Ghosts how to hold on to their humanity...but remember the Asarakam can not change back once they "awaken" so i doubt they know anything about control(so sadly that means we wont be seeing warriors awaken and then change back) but maybe we will see Warriors "half awaken" or awaken parts of their body.

side not do you think "half awakeneds" will still have some role in the story....there has not been any talk about "half awakeneds" sense Rubel said they were something he would rather the Org not know about
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i was thinking more that they are fully aware of how to create claymore's

But that make sense....maybe they will show the Ghosts how to hold on to their humanity...but remember the Asarakam can not change back once they "awaken" so i doubt they know anything about control(so sadly that means we wont be seeing warriors awaken and then change back) but maybe we will see Warriors "half awaken" or awaken parts of their body.

side not do you think "half awakeneds" will still have some role in the story....there has not been any talk about "half awakeneds" sense Rubel said they were something he would rather the Org not know about
    I think Half Awakened could possibly have a decent role in the story if the Main Land were to discover them because the Org could then make their Warriors go over the limit (if the Mainland have their own generation) and not transform ^^

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Half Awakened could possibly have a decent role in the story if the Main Land were to discover them because the Org could then make their Warriors go over the limit (if the Mainland have their own generation) and not transform ^^
    i think its safe to assume they do....and i think it would be more likely that the org would send some of them (maybe top 5) to crush the rebel warriors and take back staff....

and the war has been going on for awhile so i doubt the warriors absence from the main land wont effect it that much

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i think its safe to assume they do....and i think it would be more likely that the org would send some of them (maybe top 5) to crush the rebel warriors and take back staff....

and the war has been going on for awhile so i doubt the warriors absence from the main land wont effect it that much
    I dont know why but i always imagined the story to end with the Warriors defeating Priscilla and when they think everythings other a Awakened Asarakam appears at Rabona and starst destroying it XD.

But it would be awesome to see another Generation of Claymore and have them to be monsters like Teresa haha

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not too sure about Mainland warriors coming to take care of the situation. I mean they the same kind after all, don't know if they would be willing to assuming they aren't thoroughly brainwashed :P I also feel that it would be reasonable for a Mainland arc because it is quite possible the Organisation would restart the experiment somewhere else, and I dunno if Miria is kind enough to save the world again (<3) but I'm totally with bleachfan2010, my shounen heart wants to see powerhouses at Teresa level although if that should ever happen they would probably be the Mainland warriors.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    I'm not too sure about Mainland warriors coming to take care of the situation. I mean they the same kind after all, don't know if they would be willing to assuming they aren't thoroughly brainwashed :P I also feel that it would be reasonable for a Mainland arc because it is quite possible the Organisation would restart the experiment somewhere else, and I dunno if Miria is kind enough to save the world again (<3) but I'm totally with bleachfan2010, my shounen heart wants to see powerhouses at Teresa level although if that should ever happen they would probably be the Mainland warriors.
    i would assume the warriors of the main land are the " best of the best" like said above i think they would be monstrous like teresa

side note.....is it safe to assume that there have been other warriors like Teresa...with unbeatable power ?

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i would assume the warriors of the main land are the " best of the best" like said above i think they would be monstrous like teresa

side note.....is it safe to assume that there have been other warriors like Teresa...with unbeatable power ?
    I think the only other Warrior who was like Teresa was Priscilla. I dont think there have been any other Warriors or Awakened as powerful as those two. Theyre the best of their Kind Teresa = Strongest Claymore and Priscilla = Strongest Awakened

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the only other Warrior who was like Teresa was Priscilla. I dont think there have been any other Warriors or Awakened as powerful as those two. Theyre the best of their Kind Teresa = Strongest Claymore and Priscilla = Strongest Awakened
    i guess Riful(as a warrior) could be considered monstrous.....Warrior teresa vs warrior riful would be a good fight.....and i think Riful would give her a run for her money......and its funny because Riful was 10-12 when she was slaughtering awakened beings....as oppsed to Teresa would was an adult......if teresa was so good then why did it take so long for her to get the n1? Riful attained it before she hit puberty...and she was giving a high rank(from how i took extra 5 and the info we have on her is that she was given N1 as her first rank...?)

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i guess Riful(as a warrior) could be considered monstrous.....Warrior teresa vs warrior riful would be a good fight.....and i think Riful would give her a run for her money......and its funny because Riful was 10-12 when she was slaughtering awakened beings....as oppsed to Teresa would was an adult......if teresa was so good then why did it take so long for her to get the n1? Riful attained it before she hit puberty...and she was giving a high rank(from how i took extra 5 and the info we have on her is that she was given N1 as her first rank...?)
    I guess you could consider Riful monstrous because i think what Awakened Beings take on the appearence of what age they would look like if still Human, and Riful looks to be just entering her teens. So imagine what she would ahve looked like when she Awakened !! She would have just been a Little Girl O.o Maybe well get a falshback of her time as a Warrior? Because i know Yagi doesent just make those extra scenes for show XD

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess you could consider Riful monstrous because i think what Awakened Beings take on the appearence of what age they would look like if still Human, and Riful looks to be just entering her teens. So imagine what she would ahve looked like when she Awakened !! She would have just been a Little Girl O.o Maybe well get a falshback of her time as a Warrior? Because i know Yagi doesent just make those extra scenes for show XD
    true but it took years for Rosemary to be relevant to the story. and i thought the point of the extra 5 was to introduce us to Chronos

But i would love to see how Riful awakened .....what caused her to awaken....she did say that she understood and knew isely best so maybe she was fighting him and she awakened?

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

true but it took years for Rosemary to be relevant to the story. and i thought the point of the extra 5 was to introduce us to Chronos

But i would love to see how Riful awakened .....what caused her to awaken....she did say that she understood and knew isely best so maybe she was fighting him and she awakened?
    Poor Rosemary, she killed one of the eight strongest Warriors and became No.1 only to have another one of those 8 to kill her :'(

Remeber Riful was around before Isley Awakened and remember when she told the Awakened Isley sent to her she knew the Nature of that Isley best, and weve just learned he Awakened to kill them All?? Was that what she was referring to ? Because remeber Isley was shocked to see a little girl as a Warrior i wouldnt be surprised if she got to be friends with him after Dauf Awakened because Isley was the last Single Digit to Awaken ?

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast