Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59

Thread: Uvogin vs Razor

  1. #16
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Country
    Venezuela
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    ehm... razor is sronger than bisky she admitted that when he received gon's ball with ease.

    uvogin was killed by an inexpert nen user... actually a razor's clone would be enough to kill uvogin. Razor wouldn't have to even fight him.

    even kite is much stronger than uvogin and razor is probably ahead of kaito for a long shot.

    on the other hand hisoka is stronger than both. hisoka actually stopped gon's ball and returned it to razor. Razor could not stop the ball.
    hisoka's fingers were gone because he enjoy's pain just like the fight with kastro.

    ---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

    hisoka couldn't take the ball back from the big clone, and hisoka was third in physical strength in the ryodan. which put the clone at the very least at the level between the first and second in the ryodan... which means as strong as uvogin...

  2. #17
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    After having given this a little bit of thought again, i think i might have underestimated Razor significantly. The thing with his ability is that it has practical combat application as well. Basically he can summon 13 puppets to encircle his target, all of which can pass his nen balls around, and then spam nen balls at his opponent. If the ball misses, then one of the nen devils catches it and hurls it back towards the target. Over and over. Then comes another nen ball from Razor. Over and over again. Uvo could be dodging (more likely taking) dozens of nen balls. Sure, these nen balls won't be at max output since they've been passed around and furthermore, the devils cut into Razor's current AOP, but they were still strong enough to bust Hisoka's hands. Uvo can tank a couple but taking dozens of these sort of nen balls must take something away from him. He would have to take out the devils first or risk getting locked in a never ending storm of nen balls.

  3. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    He would have to take out the devils first or risk getting locked in a never ending storm of nen balls.
    Razor's Nen is not infinite. He can't just spam these attacks.

  4. #19
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    I think he can spam alot of them. Considering the fact that his spike is damn near as strong as Gon's charged up Jajanken (which had probably something like 4k AOP in that fight) and he can just throw them out without breaking a sweat, one would assume he can put out at least fifty of them. This is because most nen users don't and aren't capable of charging up and blowing damn near a third of their MOP in one shot. That would put him at 2.5k x 50 = 125,000 MOP not taking into account the devils summoned, which is a reasonable amount for someone who manages the entire emission system of G.I. . By comparison someone like Morel has - correct me if i'm wrong - 80k MOP. It could even be more. To date we have not seen anybody other than Morel and Gon run out of, or attempt to conserve, MOP and Morel only ran out because he was at it for days - not in a single fight.

  5. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    By comparison someone like Morel has - correct me if i'm wrong - 80k MOP. It could even be more.
    (70,000 according to Knuckle)
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  6. #21
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,978
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    Well, razor is without a doubt up for the challenge here but I would ultimately bet it all on good old uvo. Uvo is an intelligent fighter who excels at close range combat and has exceptional defense. Certainly razor's nen ball is an issue but I would argue uvo has it in him to avoid the attack. More so, razor's nen ball was only as strong as gon's rock so I would argue in this particular case uvo has the means to counter with his own big bang impact which should by all intents and purposes be much stronger than gon's rock. I wouldn't rate the nen dolls very highly to be honest. They are a tax on razor's ken as far as we saw and they limit the overall strength of his nen ball. I guess they could have some uses but they could never really actually hurt uvo IMO. Either razor uses small critters to distract uvo or he uses really big ones that can actually hold their ground. Although I do think that small distractions are the only thing worth doing here, anything else would be a waste of nen.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    You can't just compare total damage because Razor's projectiles appears to explode. Ko type attacks gets shredded by explosion type because you can only defend the area you've Ko around so that means the rest of your body will just get blown away. I'm aware that Gon conveniently always avoid this fate (e.g. he puts Ko on on his hand to defend against Razor and gets knocked back, even though what should've happened is the force of the impact should've tore his leg off because he can't use any aura around his legs) but we're not talking about the main character of HXH who cannot die here.

    If the top Spiders are roughly supposed to be equal tier, then Razor's fight against Hisoka shows he's clearly above the Spider's tier in terms of overall strength. That is, Razor and Hisoka are both exactly 1 away from Reinforcement but we can see Hisoka cannot safely defend against Razor just throwing a ball (pure Reinforcement) head on. Razor basically fights as if he's a Reinforcement user of the Spider's tier, except he isn't a Reinforcement user. That's pretty much an insurmountable advantage. His skill is extremely high too as pointed out by Biscuit. He's literally supposed to be a boss character compared to Spiders who are definitely not (when have you ever heard of 13 bosses traveling together?)

    I don't know why people always talk about the intangibles, especially since Razor probably has more of it anyway (it took one of the greatest Hunter to capture him). About the only thing Ubogin has going for him is that he doesn't fear his death, while Razor may have grown overconfident due to spending a lot of time in GI. That is, it sure doesn't look like he ever thought about risking his life or even take any serious chances while fighting them, so perhaps that will hold him back a little bit.

  9. #23
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,978
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    Hisoka was fighting razor on razor's terms though. They were playing a game clearly designed for razor to have a massive advantage by having his particular abilities work to the maximum. In turn other characters had to improvise most of the time with what they had. Gon's rock only worked at specific points and a couple of them came at great risk, killua had nothing, bisk had nothing, goreinu had a convenient ability but skill placed him at a severe disadvantage. Hisoka had an ability which was convenient but as we know it is not too good for straight offense or defense in most cases (even if it did won the game). In an actual fight I doubt razor would even vaguely appear to have the overwhelming advantage he appeared to have over everyone during the game even if he is a high level nen user.

    As for the spiders, the whole point about them is that they are all supposed to be 13 insanely strong people (although some more than others). As far as nen users go they are effectively 13 boss level characters working together, that is why the group is so universally feared.

    Does razor's attack always explode? I have my doubts about it doing so in normal situations. We saw the speedboat exploding however that could easily have been due to the speedboat itself and not the nen. Razor's nen ball exploding would have the implication that he transforms his nen into something with explosive qualities, something which the manga has neglected as far as I can tell.

  10. #24
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    I don't think the dodgeball game conferred any great advantage to Razor to be honest. For one thing instead of gathering a bunch of awesome teammates he has to summon nen devils himself which take up his nen output. Another problem is that the act of throwing the ball fast and hard may involve drawing from the reinforcement domain rather than emission. The only ability he has that is tailor made for the game is the ability to curve the ball but you can see from the way he throws it that he imparts spin on the ball so that's a technical thing rather than hatsu specific advantage. The entire team consisting solely of Razor is also another disadvantage because as an individual Razor can only have so many abilities. Many of them are going to share the same theme, most of which are going to be centered around the Nen discipline he majors in. In other words, predictability. On the other hand, the opposing team will almost always be different people with distinct abilities. You can see how much of a pain in the ass it is to face all sorts of weird hatsus with different properties.

  11. #25
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    Razor would destroy him

  12. #26
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    Destroy? No. Not happening.

  13. #27
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Razor is highly overrated. I'd give this to Uvogin easily. Razor is on the same level as the Phantom Troupe (if not below). Unless his Emission attack is 3 times stronger than a Bazooka, then I don't see him bothering Uvo.
    What Uvo lossed to Kurapika who only had six months of training with Nen. He doesn't stand a chance against a master like Razor. Razor is probably even stronger than Biscuit at full strength, he's even fought Ging b4. There's really no way I can see Uvo winning against him.

  14. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    Quote Originally Posted by tupadre97 View Post
    What Uvo lossed to Kurapika who only had six months of training with Nen. He doesn't stand a chance against a master like Razor. Razor is probably even stronger than Biscuit at full strength, he's even fought Ging b4. There's really no way I can see Uvo winning against him.
    Uvo is an elite Master of his own right. Kurapika at that time was as masterful as any, not to mention having a strong resolve and a broken ability. Razor himself stated that the Ryodan Members were a "gathering of amazingly powerful Nen users."

  15. #29
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,978
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    Uvo showed he was a proficient and powerful fighter, the only reason kurapica won was because kurapica literally wasted away his potential to develop techniques which he pledged he would only use against a spider along with one of the more broken specialization nens we have seen. Razor is an excellent fighter but by no means he has something over the spiders. Even in best case scenarios he would be on the level with them. Also, how overwhelming he appeared during the game is not something that would necessarily be entirely relevant in an actual fight. As dangerous as Razor is, the fact of the matter is that most of what we saw of him involved a game where his abilities were exceptionally useful and virtually everyone else was at a huge disadvantage in comparison. An actual fight would not bode as well as the game for him, there are no rules which favor him (not saying the game was unfair in any ways, just that the game was perfect for someone with razor's skillset).

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #30
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Uvogin vs Razor

    unless someone was set up like kurapika, they are going to struggle with uvo

    two things lead to kurapikas victory, his awesome pre-planned abilities for the spider, and equally important

    his emperor time ability he gains when his eyes turn scarlet that allow him 100% proficiency in all nen categories

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts