Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 175 Discussion

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Beelzebub Chapter 175 Discussion

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Beelzebub

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 174 Discussions/175 Predictions

Chapter 175 has come out early at red hawk.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 175 Discussions/176 Predictions

I remembered that somebody said that the battle will be watched by Ishiyama gang. Congrats, that is exactly what happened in this chapter.
    The last page is simply awesome, with all the cast standing together, it feels like the climax of this manga somehow. It's quite surprising that this arc does not end with this chapter, I wonder what's Tamura's plan for the next chapter.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I remembered that somebody said that the battle will be watched by Ishiyama gang. Congrats, that is exactly what happened in this chapter.
    The last page is simply awesome, with all the cast standing together, it feels like the climax of this manga somehow. It's quite surprising that this arc does not end with this chapter, I wonder what's Tamura's plan for the next chapter.
    I think there could've been more of the Rokkisei in the chapter. Still, the unity is impressive.

I really hope that what I'm thinking will happen in the next chapter will actually happen.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Not only the last page is awesome, but also the page with Furuichi standing right next to Oga.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Really an excellent chapter.
    I'd never thought that Oga would feel that way towards the behaviours of other people.
    Well guess it is quite an obvious thing, but I still I always thought that he didn't care too much about these.
    Anyway the last panel is pure win.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Im happy that i could read Beelzebub on. With the strengh in convidence and friendship. No i think the last pages are massiv impressiv. Furichi talks about Friends, Oga can turn his Back off and then everyone comes up and speaking about the Gang or classmate. That was really impressiv. When i think back, the Discussion on last Chapter Power up or not. That Chapter maybe a good step.

@Doraku
    For me is with this Chapter the Arc done. But maybe you right, Furichi must get healed and he got still the tissuebag.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I think the gang arrived later. If anyone was watching all the time, it was Miki. Which is pretty interesting, because in case no one remembers it, Miki is the only one of the six people who are strong enough to feel Saotome's power who is completely in the dark about demons (well, in a sense so is Toujou, but not for lack of explanation, but because he is just plain stupid). He is actually the one who has the least information. And now he has watched a clearly superhuman battle involving a friend he knows to be terribly weak (while he was in the same building, he did not witness Oga x Jabberwock). Since he is pretty sharp, I wonder whether he will try to dig out the truth.

Hopefully, he will get more appearances in the manga. He is one of my favourite characters.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

This is totally going to be followed up next chapter, but how I'm not sure at all. The first half was pretty awesome, Furuichi saying that he's weak, but he'd still stand beside Oga as a friend. And Kunieda was just amazing! She saw that Furuichi had contracted with the Behemoth Squad, and she convinced pretty much everyone Furuichi's cold made him act up so they wouldn't be mad at him. She's incredible.

I wish I could say something epic, but in reality the last couple of pages have left me quite confused. If the Krillin Bros wanted to take revenge on Oga, why did that concern Furuichi (I understand that Oga unclenched his hand to show that he would handle it himself, but then...)? Does that mean that the Ishiyama gang are people (starting of course, with Beel) who Oga can leave his back to? And who is Furuichi, in relation to everyone else?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the ending wasn't clear to me either. Anyway, this panel is just awesome:

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I wish I could say something epic, but in reality the last couple of pages have left me quite confused. If the Krillin Bros wanted to take revenge on Oga, why did that concern Furuichi (I understand that Oga unclenched his hand to show that he would handle it himself, but then...)? Does that mean that the Ishiyama gang are people (starting of course, with Beel) who Oga can leave his back to? And who is Furuichi, in relation to everyone else?
    I made a comment at Mangafox that touches upon this. The mangaka has only 19 pages to do his job, so sometimes things feel a bit rushed. My opinion is that he tried to fit too much in this chapter so the final result was awkward.

In my view, the author wanted to follow the scene where Oga tells Furuichi that he doesn't need the tissues with a light-hearted scene that brings the whole thing to an emotional realisation by Furuichi that he does belong to the team. But the whole thing was made to fit in just six pages or so, thus the result.

I think the original goal of the Shadow Group was, of course, to get back on Oga, who was still weak from the fight with Furuichi. Then Kanzaki, Himekawa and Toujou arrived to get a rematch with Furuichi, and the Red Tails arrived to help Oga and Furuichi to deal with the situation (including dissuading the other three Touhoushinki from attacking Furuichi). The Shadow Group then felt ignored and tried to call attention to themselves, only to be on the receiving end of a multiple death glare. It is not as if they were defending Furuichi, they were just saying "Don't involve yourselves in our affairs!" (including Furuichi as a member of Ishiyama).

About the symbolism of the last few panels, there are three interpretations so far:

i. They can turn their backs on Furuichi without worrying;

ii. Furuichi feels part of the group because they are between him and the Shadow Group and he is being treated as a member of the team;

iii. They are shoulder to shoulder with Oga, while Furuichi is still behind him. (proposed by someone in Mangafox)

Because Furuichi is smiling, I think it is not number (iii), which is also out of sync with the whole mood of the chapter and too depressing. I also think number (i) overinterprets it a bit, so I think number (ii) is the best interpretation. Furuichi has finally realised that the delinquents are comfortable with him just as Oga (well, maybe not as much, given that Oga and Furuichi are best friends).

So I believe Furuichi has earned a little respect, but not much. Towards the end of this manga, I believe he really will be their general, though: especially if war in the demon world comes.

I really wish the nicknaming would stop, though. Nene's continued use of "Creepichi" in this chapter somewhat killed the mood.

16. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ShoheiChono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter gave me everything I needed. With the last 10 chapters, the manga feels like it has finally taken a step forward. We had a long discussion last chapter about Furuichi becoming strong, and also the merits of Beelzebub becoming more serious overall (and perhaps becoming too serious, thereby losing the comedy that some people love).

Well, this is the kind of balance I've been waiting for. For all its seriousness - we finally learn something about what goes on in Oga's mind, as well as Furuichi's - the plot itself was set up through some hilarious comedy (Every single fight made me laugh in new ways, including the Oga fight). The same can be said for the quest to retrieve the demon painting, I think, but to a lesser degree. I'd love to elaborate on that but I'll save it for another time. Nonetheless, suffice it to say I'm overjoyed with how this wrapped up. I'm still a little confused as to who knows what regarding the fight with Oga and Furuichi's use of the Behemoth squad but I'll just wait for the next few chapters to clear it up. The point about Miki is interesting... it does seem that he saw the battle, and I can't imagine that was unintentional (especially given the points you bring up regarding his ability to sense demonic power/presence). I also have to believe that Tojou has to have sensed through sheer instinct what transpired between Oga and Furuichi on a certain level. Finally, I'm curious exactly how much of the situation Aoi understands.

Per the discussion about a power up, I think it is coming. The amount of demonic power that Furuichi drew forth during all of those fights, while fully knowledgeable of the consequences, is remarkable. It demonstrates extraordinary will power, and also a physical capacity as a natural conduit in the future. The best corollary I can think of in the manga in terms of wow factor is the first time (I'll go back and check later, but its in the first couple chapters) Oga shocked - pun intended - Hilda by managing a massive amount of Beel's energy through his will power. The flashback proves that his will power is on par with Oga, according to none other than Oga himself. With the comments from Behemoth as well, I take all of these things in combination to be a promise of future growth. With the unpredictable side effects of what he just did to his body, there is a lot of room for Tamura to play around with how he wants to use Furuichi - and I like that. In any event, now he has gained some notoriety and respect of his own, which feels rewarding enough in and of itself.

I'm wondering now where the story goes next. The way I see it, Furuichi's side effects could be a very fruitful lot device. It could pull the ambiguous Behemoth back onto the stage. If something or someone must be sought for help, we no clearly know from the last panel of this chapter that everyone is along for the ride. Anyways, great chapter. Next step: insertion of a credible antagonist - I don't think Behemoth peeps count any more, and the demon lord never did. The death of his wife might be a good way to do this. We'll see.
    Last edited by ShoheiChono; October 02, 2012 at 01:13 PM.

18. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for explaining it to us, kendama!

I went back and re-read the chapter to understand what you were talking about. I was torn between the Ishiyama gang acting tough to show respect for Furuichi, or if I had misinterpreted why the Krillin Bros were there to begin with. I am relieved that it is neither, and that the Ishiyama gang see Furuichi as a part of their team. I think what threw me off the most is when Kunieda says "we've come to help you two out", because I assumed she meant everyone, when really she meant the Red Tails.

Focusing just on the first half, what I found really heartwarming was how much Oga has changed since then. And actually, this is why the end panel is so overwhelmingly sentimental, even if you take away the circumstances of why they're there anyway. What kid!Oga was afraid of the most was being ostracized from everyone else, and as a result he felt he couldn't afford to being around weak people. But Furuichi changed his perception of what it means to be weak and what it means to be strong. And because Oga accepted Furuichi as a friend, it lay the foundation for Oga to be able to bond with Beel, and everyone else in Ishiyama High. Great stuff really.

I think it was a cute symbolic touch that both leaders of the Red Tails acknowledge Oga and Furuichi's friendship in the way that they do, the fact that Kunieda convinced them to help out was really a defining moment for me in this chapter. I do agree about Nene's overuse of calling Furuichi a pedophile, it was total overkill.

Tamura accomplished quite a lot this chapter, but I really really hope there's a follow-up next chapter, like chapter 143 was. There has been so much action, fighting, humor, and sentimentality going on we need a breather!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kendama View Post
    I made a comment at Mangafox that touches upon this. The mangaka has only 19 pages to do his job, so sometimes things feel a bit rushed. My opinion is that he tried to fit too much in this chapter so the final result was awkward.

In my view, the author wanted to follow the scene where Oga tells Furuichi that he doesn't need the tissues with a light-hearted scene that brings the whole thing to an emotional realisation by Furuichi that he does belong to the team. But the whole thing was made to fit in just six pages or so, thus the result.

I think the original goal of the Shadow Group was, of course, to get back on Oga, who was still weak from the fight with Furuichi. Then Kanzaki, Himekawa and Toujou arrived to get a rematch with Furuichi, and the Red Tails arrived to help Oga and Furuichi to deal with the situation (including dissuading the other three Touhoushinki from attacking Furuichi). The Shadow Group then felt ignored and tried to call attention to themselves, only to be on the receiving end of a multiple death glare. It is not as if they were defending Furuichi, they were just saying "Don't involve yourselves in our affairs!" (including Furuichi as a member of Ishiyama).

About the symbolism of the last few panels, there are three interpretations so far:

i. They can turn their backs on Furuichi without worrying;

ii. Furuichi feels part of the group because they are between him and the Shadow Group and he is being treated as a member of the team;

iii. They are shoulder to shoulder with Oga, while Furuichi is still behind him. (proposed by someone in Mangafox)

Because Furuichi is smiling, I think it is not number (iii), which is also out of sync with the whole mood of the chapter and too depressing. I also think number (i) overinterprets it a bit, so I think number (ii) is the best interpretation. Furuichi has finally realised that the delinquents are comfortable with him just as Oga (well, maybe not as much, given that Oga and Furuichi are best friends).

So I believe Furuichi has earned a little respect, but not much. Towards the end of this manga, I believe he really will be their general, though: especially if war in the demon world comes.

I really wish the nicknaming would stop, though. Nene's continued use of "Creepichi" in this chapter somewhat killed the mood.
    I like your post but in my Eyes it´s been a bit easier. For me Last Pages are only going about. That Oga wasn´t able to take care on Furichi befor and when u look on the pose Oga do over Furichi its all about Protection. And the Classmate come also to protect one of there friends. So for me it only goes about protection and friendship.
    So im with the third point of symbolism, it´s got more to do with protection.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a great follow up to last week and the odd way it ended aside, it was overall enjoyable and satisfying. I think one of the interesting things is that we got to see a brief look into Oga's mindset which we see so little of, and I wonder what will become of his character later....

....but then again, this is beelzebub

Since I've read some plauseable explainations on the ending, my confusion is subsided though otherwise I just would have said this was a much better jabberwock ending and I'd be pretty surprised to see anything of this arc continue.

Welp, guess I'll leave off with the usual:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by thatguy3331; October 02, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast