Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 175 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ksfst's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 175 Discussions/176 Predictions

What a cheesy chapter, for a moment I thought this was the last chapter or something like that, the whole group just showing up and ect gave me this vibe. I was liking this mini Furuichi arc so much, a gag ending would be a lot better than this 'cheesy kinda serious' one.
    Black Stones

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't say that this chapter is "cheesy" though. A little bit too dramatic for Beelzebub, would be the best sentence to describe this chapter for me. I hope that in the next chapter Tamura still gain the momentum to end this chapter in a more appropriate way. Aoi design is kinda different when she talked to Oga, I was surprised. She is really de facto leader of Ishiyama gang.

I really cannot predict what would happen in the next chapter. I cannot understand how would Tamura still stretch the story from here even for one chapter since the last page is like closing the curtain for me.

Oh, found an amazing fanart in Pixiv, enjoy:

Spoiler show

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I got still one question so i hope kendama or Doraku can say me that. What stands on the T-shirt Oga wearing, when Furichi stands right next to him?? Got this Shirt a meaning, so the text on the Shirt make sense. I haven´t see a TL note in the RH version.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    I got still one question so i hope kendama or Doraku can say me that. What stands on the T-shirt Oga wearing, when Furichi stands right next to him?? Got this Shirt a meaning, so the text on the Shirt make sense. I haven´t see a TL note in the RH version.
    Do you mean ねぎ? It means "scallion". Usually written in Katakana though, instead of using Hiragana.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a lot different from what I've come to expect from the manga, but that didn't make it unenjoyable. It was unexpected, but it was also kind of awesome.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ShadyInversion's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious to see if there's any lasting consequences from this arc. Furuichi went mad with power in part because of everyone's treatment of him. As soon as everyone was reunited again he was called a pervert. Oga in particular though really changed or at least opened up his perspective of Furuichi. I guess in the group Furuichi is still a misfit but he's their misfit.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely think there are multiple ways you can interpret the end of the arc. Maybe the Ishiyama students were being tsundere and wanted to apologise but it came out wrong. Or maybe the Red Tails showed up to defend Furuichi from Kanzaki/Himekawa/Toujo. Or, as kendama has pointed out, they are all showing their back to Furuichi because they do in their own way respect him and consider him a part of their school. But honestly, after re-reading the chapter, I think what Tamura wanted to show was that Furuichi's actions changed the way Ishiyama thought about about him, and it could change even further in the future. Its like the end of Super Milk Time: it isn't really about the resolution, as much as what could happen from here on out. Who knows maybe by the end of the manga Ishiyama and the TKKH will really look up to him as their general. That's why the end of the chapter says "the group that hasn't completed their match!" The manga is ongoing, after all.

Which brings me up to my next point. WTF is going to happen next chapter? I can see Tamura doing a mini arc of like, 2 or three chapters of something small, but I can also see him doing more of a reflection chapter like he did with 143. He could even do something completely unrelated like chapter 156, but that would seem the least likely.

Another thing I'm curious about -- how much do you think Oga has changed from when he was a kid? Do you guys think Oga is aware he has made friends with Ishiyama, or do you think he still deep down has trust issues that he carries with him?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

For me is it still the symbolic of this Arc. The Friendship as one group, that you one of Ishiyama dont touch our friends.

When u start reading from Chapter 1 till now 175. It starts like this, there was Oga and four strong person on Ishiyama. And after the Demonschool Arc there grow as a group and first Alliance. And in this Chapter there stand as one. One Student, one Class, one Ishiyama no matter if u mess with other ones, don´t mess with our students.

What i still don´t understand is the treat Furichi bad. Who treat him bad, i never saw anyone touch Furichi or something. They never take him serious and he never do something. So what he do was total strange Powerdrunken. The only point maybe i could see, in all this discussion. That he get a bit more respect. But he could never mess with Kanzaki, toujou or even Nene.

But i say it to a friend, for me stand this complete Arc under the Banner of Friendship. As a Class as People as a School.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, at my usual lair in Mangafox, our good friend lemon_ai advanced another hypothesis: that the last panels of chapter 175 showed that Furuichi realised how the other Ishiyama thugs stand shoulder to shoulder with Oga, and how Oga can now turn his back to Beel and Hilda (and even Furuichi himself). So his hope for Oga's future when they were kids has come true.

@BlackHawk: I'll be brief because I have written extensively about this at Mangafox, but I disagree with your assertion that the Ishiyama thugs did not treat Furuichi bad: they didn't until the Lamia incident. Since then, he has been the subject of intense verbal abuse and some harassment, like being expelled from tables and excluded from the group as a whole. He mentioned the nicknames specifically as his main source of distress. And since he knew from the beginning the tissues were poisoned, and still took the plunge, we can conclude he may have become drunk with power, but he had legitimate reason for his rampage. And I don't think he ever wanted to "mess" with anyone.

@Teeba: interestingly, I have voiced the same expectation that Furuichi may end up as their general when the final arc comes or something.

As for Oga... I think he has improved a lot thanks to Furuichi. Before they met, Oga was getting dangerously obsessed with fighting and going the way of the mysanthrope. That is a dangerous combination and, as you said before, he could end up as a beast. When Furuichi fights him in the fifth grade, Oga is distrustful of anyone who might try to approach him, as seen clearly when he gives Furuichi his most vicious punch when the latter proclaims to be his friend.

Although on the surface, the kid Oga seems to be a miniature of the teenager, there is a fundamental difference: when Beelzebub begins, Oga is no longer seeking fights actively. He relishes the opportunity to fight and never turns a challenge down, but he isn't picking them. In other words, he is much less aggressive than originally, and I can only ascribe this to Furuichi. He is also much wiser - in a sense, he is the wisest person in this manga, but I have written at length about this elsewhere.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kendama View Post
    Well, at my usual lair in Mangafox, our good friend lemon_ai advanced another hypothesis: that the last panels of chapter 175 showed that Furuichi realised how the other Ishiyama thugs stand shoulder to shoulder with Oga, and how Oga can now turn his back to Beel and Hilda (and even Furuichi himself). So his hope for Oga's future when they were kids has come true.
    I´m sorry i hate to do that here read this, that was my first impression i could use my first post or second post.

I like your post but in my Eyes it´s been a bit easier. For me Last Pages are only going about. That Oga wasn´t able to take care on Furichi befor and when u look on the pose Oga do over Furichi its all about Protection. And the Classmate come also to protect one of there friends. So for me it only goes about protection and friendship.
    So im with the third point of symbolism, it´s got more to do with protection.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kendama-

I think lemon_ai has a great point too, that Furuichi recognized his wish for Oga to have friends has come true. When I first read lemon_ai's comment I actually felt sad that Furuichi wasn't including himself as being one of those friends. But it's kind of a subtle revelation that really shows how self-aware Furuichi is about his friendship with Oga. Its not that there is something lacking in their bond, but that their bond can extend to other members of Ishiyama, like Miki and Kunieda.

I totally agree with you about Oga changing because of Furuichi. Its more like Oga become a much more well-rounded person because of him. I didn't even think about the aggression part much, but it makes sense. (On a sidenote, I just realized how different this makes Oga from his shadow figure, Saotome.)

I like your post but in my Eyes it´s been a bit easier. For me Last Pages are only going about. That Oga wasn´t able to take care on Furichi befor and when u look on the pose Oga do over Furichi its all about Protection. And the Classmate come also to protect one of there friends. So for me it only goes about protection and friendship.
    So im with the third point of symbolism, it´s got more to do with protection.
    While I love this protect/defend aspect of Oga and Furuichi's relationship, I also think Oga has an issue with dependence more than just protection. Kid!Oga doesn't mind protecting Furuichi from harm, but he hates the idea that Furuichi could become dependent on him as a result. Furuichi telling Oga he'll "be next to him" is another way of saying Oga can depend on him too. Just because you have to protect someone once in a while, doesn't mean your relationship has to revolve around that fact. Oga reinforces this when he told Furuichi he was already strong.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    While I love this protect/defend aspect of Oga and Furuichi's relationship, I also think Oga has an issue with dependence more than just protection. Kid!Oga doesn't mind protecting Furuichi from harm, but he hates the idea that Furuichi could become dependent on him as a result. Furuichi telling Oga he'll "be next to him" is another way of saying Oga can depend on him too. Just because you have to protect someone once in a while, doesn't mean your relationship has to revolve around that fact. Oga reinforces this when he told Furuichi he was already strong.
    I agree and if you think about it, there are very few instances in the manga where Oga actively protects Furuichi. In chapter 21, the Takashima gang say that "if Oga is not around, all you do is get beaten". This essentially means that Furuichi does not use Oga as a shield or pick fights only when he is around: if there is a damsel in distress, Furuichi will rise to the challenge, even if this means getting beaten. Whether Oga is nearby is of no concern to Furuichi: each one has his own fights.

The quick flashback in chapter 22 shows a Furuichi that is older than in chapter 175, meaning that he was already Oga's friend by then, but that did not stop him from challenging Takashima when he was all alone and sure to lose. And even in the pool episode itself, Furuichi's first option wasn't running to Oga, he used his own brain to evade the thugs and only when Oga drifted towards him did it occur to Furuichi to ask for help.

I bet Oga likes this, because Furuichi leaves it up to him to decide whether to intervene or not, and fights his own fights - however seldom - regardless of Oga being nearby or not. This is the behaviour of a friend, not of a parasite: protection is for Oga to offer, not for Furuichi to request, and their friendship is not dependent on that. And as you said, Furuichi has volunteered his help quite as often.

Even when Furuichi fantasises about being protected in chapter 116, he has not Oga, but Hilda, Kunieda and the Red Tails in mind for his own perverted reasons.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2