Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 174 Discussion

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Beelzebub Chapter 174 Discussion

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Beelzebub.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Beelzebub Chapter 174 Spoiler Thread

Its out here and its a good flashback

http://www.mangareader.net/beelzebub/174
    --
    The Mangas i like:

One Piece; Naruto;
    Hajami no Ippo; Hunter x Hunter;
    Beelzebub; Toriko; Fairy Tail
    Bleach; Hitman Reborn; Gantz

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 174 Spoiler Thread

To think that Oga and Furuichi used to hang out with the Red Tails.
    please click on them to help them grow.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 174 Discussions/175 Predictions

Oh my god, it's Misaki

I never think that Furuichi was a person who would getting interested to know Oga more, since he's usually a guy who loves to avoid trouble.
    It's a nice flashback, I would post my thoughts later on.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice flashback indeed.
    And the words of Behemoth about Furuichi makes me wonder about his future development. Maybe he has something really special. Actually, the flashback gave me this feeling too, but I'm his fanboy so I don't know if I can take this serious.

The Red Tails led by Misaki had a different atmosphere than the current one. They seem less strict.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Oga and furichi are practically a honorary members of the red tails, since they hanged out with red tails quite a lot in the past they should have met a raising star in the group(Kuneda)? or did misaki left b4 kuneda joined in?

I hope furuichi gets some character development and some more permanent power ups, since any demons can form contract why can't furuichi just form one with lamia or alan delon?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshua019 View Post
    Oga and furichi are practically a honorary members of the red tails, since they hanged out with red tails quite a lot in the past they should have met a raising star in the group(Kuneda)? or did misaki left b4 kuneda joined in?

I hope furuichi gets some character development and some more permanent power ups, since any demons can form contract why can't furuichi just form one with lamia or alan delon?
    I don´t think they ever met befor in the Red Tails. Remember when Aoi was the First time in Ogas Place, Misaki say. How is it to be the Red Tail Leader and Aoi was really surprised, so i dont think they meet befor.

A nice Flashback nothing more. We only see ow Oga come into this fighting and battleing. His own Sister bring him into that. When Oga get kicked so early by Misaki, then he grow only with strength. No wonder any more that Oga was famous and known at Ishiyama when he comes in. When he already start Fighting in elemtary School. That Kid is pure Power, don´t get involved in that Buisness.

But after reading this chapter, i didint get the sense behind Tukuchun´s doing. Furychin and Oga meet only the first time on that day and on the second he wanna stop him fighting. That is really weird. But as a Beelzebub Fan, i don´t want to see Furichi getting any stronger. When that it comes it stop reading Beelzebub and start reading a new Series. Furichi was never a Fighter, was never a person that want getting stronger. But now after 170 Chapters, he go this Way. No even interisting or great sense for the Story Plot.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL Oga has been a demon since the elementary school. XD
    Anyway nice chapter, but more than that, nice flashback.
    Now I'm curious to see if Furuichi did really fight well against Oga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was a pretty good chapter, I wasn't as caught in with the jokes as I usually was but it was very amusing to see Oga's sis as the womans gang group leader and to see him kick ass even when he was a kid XD I'm a tad odded out by furuichi though, I totally didn't see their meeting to be THAT calm, well before they started fighting anyway. I still think if anything, Furuichi may just become a demonic punching bag by the end of it, or will gain a slight power up so he an't be killed off easily. anything else would truley surprise me.

and of course, the MOTs
    Spoiler show
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

What an incredible chapter! It was pretty much cute fluff, but it was so heartwarming it was awesome. Oga and Furuichi being the only kids in a world full of delinquents and adults gave the chapter wonderful nostalgia.

I really loved how Oga used to spend his freetime running errands for his sister. I don't know why, but it actually feels like someone's childhood. Even the way Misaki's gang were portrayed, I felt like I was seeing them through kid!Oga and kid!Furuichi's eyes, which is why they sounded more riske than the current Red Tails. Oga and Furuichi's personalities as children were also appropriately regressed to account for their age. Everything about it felt like it was always there.

Another thing I loved about the flashback was how there was this instant connection between Oga and Furuichi, but it wasn't an instant friendship. Kids get along or not get along rather fluidly, but how they keep those connections is a part of how they grow up. I liked how the chapter started out with very familiar tropes, about the loner, sociopathic kid and the sociable, straight-laced kid, but it warmed up to Furuichi accepting Oga's violent side really quickly. Like I said last chapter, its so easy to assume that Oga and Furuichi's relationship was based on a difference in physical strength, but its really about finding balance. Like Oga said, don't walk behind him, but walk with him instead.

Aahh, I could go on about the flashback. I wonder how serious the fight actually was? Did the Red Tails watch?

Behemoth threw me for a loop, but Oga still being out cold while Furuichi regained consciousness REALLY surprised me! I guess that means it really was a tie. I don't know what's going to happen next now (besides more adorable flashbacks)!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirulito View Post
    And the words of Behemoth about Furuichi makes me wonder about his future development. Maybe he has something really special. Actually, the flashback gave me this feeling too, but I'm his fanboy so I don't know if I can take this serious.
    Shameless Furuichi fangirl over here! I'm just trying to take in the information as it comes and not thinking about it too much. I don't want to get my hopes up only for Tamura to reveal it was the set-up of an incredibly elaborate joke. >_>

@Black Hawk: I know what you mean, but Tamura has done this arc so well, it would seem hasty to assume Furuichi has to be one thing or the other. Tamura planned this arc from start to finish, there's no way Furuichi is going to go through a cliched character journey of becoming strong.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by joshua019 View Post
    I have a feeling after Oga and Furuichi started hanging out more, they spent less time with the Red Tails. Maybe Furuichi encouraged Oga to carve out a reputation for himself?

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised to see Misaki was a warrior. Now I can't help but wonder how powerful she is in recent times.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Getsuga View Post
    I was surprised to see Misaki was a warrior. Now I can't help but wonder how powerful she is in recent times.
    Hm? We've known that she was the first head of the Red Tails for a while now. If we're lucky maybe she'll be a bit above Kunieda or something.

Looks like there's hope for Furuichi in the future after all too...unless we're being trolled by Tamura through Behemoth.

I wonder how Ishiyama is going to work this out in the end though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I try not to put my hopes too high for furuichi, the best I expect is some setback power (like the MC who's a zombie in kore wa desu ka, he can access his full human strength and potential, but he can snap his own bones and or other body parts by over exerting himself.) But either way I'm banking on it being satisfying in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    What an incredible chapter! It was pretty much cute fluff, but it was so heartwarming it was awesome. Oga and Furuichi being the only kids in a world full of delinquents and adults gave the chapter wonderful nostalgia.

I really loved how Oga used to spend his freetime running errands for his sister. I don't know why, but it actually feels like someone's childhood. Even the way Misaki's gang were portrayed, I felt like I was seeing them through kid!Oga and kid!Furuichi's eyes, which is why they sounded more riske than the current Red Tails. Oga and Furuichi's personalities as children were also appropriately regressed to account for their age. Everything about it felt like it was always there.
    Funny you mention that, cause not only do I think it was just as enjoyable as Luffy's FB with Ace and Sabo in One Piece, but I acctually connected personally with the series for once as it rings a similar tone to my childhood. Now I didn't have reletives who were with gangsters or anything but there was I time I lived in an environment pretty similar to the chapter and I quaintly remembered how blissfully unaware I was during that time (needless to say, I had a pretty alright childhood anyway)

Unlike me however, Oga and Furuichi were quite aware and were quite face front into that aspect of life XD

As for the Oga's sister, I expected her to be like this tbth, but enjoyed it so much. If I were to guess strength, I'd definetly say she's slightly above Aoi and is she were contracted and maybe serious (which we don't know how or what that is, its just a wild guess and I don't expect any answers to it) she could very easily rival hilda as well.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter sure is nice and fluffy. Kinda expecting for more jokes ensue for this chapter since the last chapter was a little bit too serious for Beelzebub, but even though this flashback is going to the normal Shounen troupe path, this chapter is not bad at all. I knew that during the flashback Oga is going to be the lone wolf type during his childhood since like Teeba said in the past chapter discussions, it was basically Furuichi who glued Oga (and maybe Hilda) to the Ishiyama's Gang. A little past revelation about Red Tails during its first generation was surprise me a little bit, since this arc mainly focusing on Oga and Furuichi's relationship. It's also nice to know that even Misaki is violent, deep inside her heart she is actually really care about her brother. It's a little revelation but probably useful for another relationship development. I really want her to become the focus of another character-centric arc later on.

In the end, I think this chapter pretty much seals the end of the Furuichi's sole role as the butt of the jokes. If Tamura keeps making him so even after this chapter has ended, that would be really irritating. Stupid and pervert Furuichi is fun, but I would say it's kinda waste of development, if in the end his character does not progressing at all.
    Last edited by Doraku; September 26, 2012 at 07:48 PM.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the chapter and I really like this Arc. Now it started to actually make sense as it explained Oga's and Furuichi's history. It was really great to see how they met and got to hang out together. And Oga making racist jokes on Furuichi was priceless, even though I don't understand how Furuichi looks like russian And especially how pirozki and borsch are connected with him)

It was also pretty interesting to hear from Behemoth about Furuichi's potential. I would really like to see him more in actual fighting and not only as a comic relief pervert character. He is great as he is, but I think he deserves some sort of actual permanent power-up as it really is a bit sad being a weakling and the one every person try to make joke in a world where power is the only thing that decides who is worth and who is not.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast