Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Which two will advance?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sengoku

11 19.64%
  • Aokiji

21 37.50%
  • Silvers Rayleigh

24 42.86%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Round! (Group 32)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preliminary Round! (Group 32)

There's just no way that Zoro can survive this!
    I don't understand why people are fighting this reality so hard.

Zoro is also my favorite character in this manga, but the facts remains the facts.
    Maybe in the next tournament he will be closer to the top, but this time around, he loses in the first round, no question...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I did not vote for Zoro, despite thinking he is most likely the weakest of the group. His current level hasn't really been accurately shown yet, so it's hard to say 100%. Anyway, I like him too much, so I voted for Sengoku to lose. I should also add that this is the only group where I went against the most logical loser.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Zoro this is the worst match up you can get 2 Admirals + Right Hand of the Pirate King = Zoro being a fooder ^^.
    I hope some people here don't start an argument we don't see anything from Sengoku etc this is not Naruto forums where logic of the story isn't relevant so stop doing this

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    astute_azure- Your logic make no sense. Garp as stated in the manga is above a vice admiral. When we talk about vice admirals, the reputation of the others are virtually unknown so far (except for Smoker I guess because he is brutal). Garp is a legendary marine. Sanji barely hold on to Vergo with his broken legs. To say that Sanji can hold off Garp, that is a big statement. So why don't you take it a step further, since Garp can hold off Gold Roger. And Gold Roger was on the same level with White Beard. Sanji can hold off both Roger and Whitebeard. You speak nonsense.

Second, as strong as Zoro is I doubt he is above opponents like Jinbei, Marco,and Vista who proven they can't damage Akainu like at all.
    So you haven't figured the rest of the logic.

Garp chose to stay V.A, thing is he is still a V.A., "a fact". Saying that V.A. rank is not accurate therefore destroys marine rankings and there' no ways for you to know where Vergo's level is at. For that matter all Admiral and Sengoko's position becomes questionable.

We stay with "Garp a marine V.A can take on a marine Admiral" V.A can hold/take on an Admiral,

Sanji supposedly <= Zoro, holds off Vergo, disregard broken legs why cause fights are made that way or did you consider Vergo bleed from Sanji's kick beforehand? what does that tell you? Zoro is now capable to hold his own against an admiral. "Hold your ground and winning are different things"

How more could I ever make this clearer to you Zoro underestimaters.

They haven't damaged Akainu, yes but fight is not about fighting to the death. It was a fight to save Luffy. There is a big difference with that.

Like I say, Zoro at the moment is just a little under Mihawk. MIHAWK = SHANKS remember.
    Last edited by astute_azure; September 29, 2012 at 10:45 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by astute_azure View Post

Garp chose to stay V.A, thing is he is still a V.A., "a fact". Saying that V.A. rank is not accurate therefore destroys marine rankings and there' no ways for you to know where Vergo's level is at. For that matter all Admiral and Sengoko's position becomes questionable.

We stay with "Garp a marine V.A can take on a marine Admiral" V.A can hold/take on an Admiral,

Sanji supposedly <= Zoro, holds off Vergo, disregard broken legs why cause fights are made that way or did you consider Vergo bleed from Sanji's kick beforehand? what does that tell you? Zoro is now capable to hold his own against an admiral. "Hold your ground and winning are different things"

They haven't damaged Akainu, yes but fight is not about fighting to the death. It was a fight to save Luffy. There is a big difference with that.

Like I say, Zoro at the moment is just a little under Mihawk. MIHAWK = SHANKS remember.
    Dude even if I can agree with the Vice Admiral part where their power rank is unclear people here don't underestimate Zoro hell even Luffy if he is in this bracket he will be toast and with the Vergo part... Vergo is VA and the power rank is Admiral>>>>>>>>>VA well no Garp now so it is clear Admiral is way way more powerful than VA but still VA make New World Captain fought hard in the Marine ford arc...

Admiral are end game enemies for the Pirates and if the current Zoro now after just training under Mihawk for 2yrs? can make him beat an Admiral then I hope Mihawk will open up a School because he is one hell of an instructor... But I think Sanji/Zoro/Luffy is equal to a VA or slightly more powerful but still below Admiral in terms of power

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You, sir, are insane and delusional! (No offense)

Garp is an exception within the VA.
    You cannot say that because Garp is probably stronger than the admirals that ANY Vice-admiral can beat the admirals.

That would be complety stupid.
    If they could beat the admirals, they would be admirals.

The only reason Garp was not an admiral was because he didn't want to become one.

And Sanji didn't hold off Vergo at all.

He exchange one kick with him, which managed to break his legs, and then Vergo left.
    What do you think would have happened if Vergo kept on fighting?
    Sanji would have been beaten, for sure.

Like I said, I'm a big fan of Zoro, probably one of my favorite overall manga character, but I'm not delusional and I know when to let it go...

Zoro lose, that is all.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Smit's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok lets start this of by saying Zoro is my fav char and i dont want him to lose. Just being honest.

My vote is going to Rayleigh.

This fight will be a 2vs2 between Rayleigh and Zoro vs Sengoku and Aokiji
    Since Rayleigh taught Luffy for these 2 years he has come to see him as a grandson and the next Roger. Ray wont let Zoro one of the best friends Luffy has die. So they will fight together.
    Sengoku and Aokiji have each others respect and wont fight each other until the other 2 are out/dead.

I can see this fight go a million ways. But I think when it comes down to it. Rayleigh will take a deadly attack to save Zoro's life. Thus he will be the first to go down.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ummm, where does that logic led to Zoro can handle Garp. It doesn't matter about the others and or the ranking. It was pretty clear pretimeskiped that the strongest 5 had always been Sengoku, Garp, Akainu, Aojiki, and Kizaru. In a match, they probably can injured each others to great extend regardless of who win or lose. The rest of the marines with the maybe the exception to Kong are not to this level (mostly hype from Kong). I never disregard, whether or not Zoro can or cannot fight the rest of the Vice Admiral at equal level, slightly above or below. But he is not close to the top 5.

Quote Quote:
    Where did you get the impression that Zoro is just little bit under Mihawk. Zoro by all meant haven't demonstrate any slashes as great as Mihawk during the war. That is but an assumption to said Zoro is just slightly under Mihawk. By any meant, I don't even know why you argue about "handle" vs "won."

Who did you vote to lose? If I have that information maybe I could understand where you are. Also, figuring out the rest of logic? What sup with that? Did you take a logic class or something? I did. Forgot most about it though.
    Last edited by weixiaobao; September 29, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro has replicated the feat that we first saw from Mihawk: slicing a ship in half.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Junior's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I refuse to vote here.

No offense meant but I think its beyond unfair Zoro got paired up in this. It is obvious (based on current manga facts) that Zoro cannot survive this.

All we can do is speculate. Is it possible that Zoro can take an Admiral? Has his skill more than tripled? Probably.

But we can't prove it. All we have to go on is what we have seen...and.. even though I love Zoro's character...I don't think he has done anything truly jaw dropping yet. Given time, sure but now....sigh.

So I'm not voting. It sucks Zoro has to lose this early when even Ussop got a damn pass.
    2013 MH Resolution: Ignore the fanboys.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so let's make this clear . This was no set up . Things just got arranged like this . Can't you guys accept some challenges

This is a challenge . I , even though i know Zoro will lose i still didn't vote for him I just can't . Let's not make a fuss out of this and please be respectful in your posts . Thank You *bow*

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Please read Da Tournament Rules here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...urnament-Rules

Specifically the part that says:

"Because the plot is moving forward and certain characters are being developed, they can only be considered as they have been "shown" (pic or text) capable of in the manga, except for the few characters that have been given a limit. "
    Shown? So Sengoku is a poor little one, i vote him.

Zoro already has develop two kinds of haki, it's stronger than before in any stat and can cut steel like butter as someone said.

Sengoku didn't show so much on Marineford, he perfectly might used Buso on Luffy and the Shockwave is a great scale attack in near distances. Zoro can overcome all this.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Sengoku is the guy who was leading Marines since damn long time. He has one of the rarest DF in One Piece and obviously is a Master in Haki as everyone starting from Vice Admiral must know how to use Haki as a requirement for his rank. Sengoku was an Admiral during Roger´s time and is supposedly somewhere around Garp in strength who was considered if not an equal to Roger, but at least somewhere around being equal, so it´s a pure nonsense saying that Zoro can handle Sengoku. Especially as Garp and Sengoku easily managed to stop BB´s crew and BB himself during the battle in Marineford, even though BB had 2 DF.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jorge D. Dragon- you are so ignorant, you didn't follow astute_azure's logic like at all. If Garp can handle Blackbeard with 2 DF, then Zoro can definitely handle BB with 2 DF, cuzz Zoro is greater than Sanji, and Sanji can handle Vergo, and Vergo is a VA like Garp *facepalm* *sarcasm here people don't take this post seriously now*

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't wanna vote or more like I can't bring myself to vote. Fu* this death group!

FuS

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast