Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Which two will advance?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sengoku

11 19.64%
  • Aokiji

21 37.50%
  • Silvers Rayleigh

24 42.86%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Round! (Group 32)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preliminary Round! (Group 32)

Well if you haven't read, I'll say it again, Zoro cut through the laboratory steel. What does that tell you? He can now cut through Kuma.

What I'm trying to say is, if that is not clear to you, Zoro has a greater chance against a non-logia.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

This is getting a little ridiculous...

We all like Zoro, but Rayleigh and Sengoku are legendary-strong. Aokiji turned half of Punk Hazard into ice, and Sengoku was his boss... This was a cruel match-up.

If you're going to vote to keep Zoro in, simply because you like his character, just say so.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro is the obvious one to loose here. It's just impossible for him to survive such a fight going by manga and logic.
    He is obviously the weakest compared to Rayleigh who is better both inswordsplay and Haki, so no way Zoro can have a chance against him, the same goes for Ao Kiji and Sengoku. They are just from another league and Zoro still needs lots to grow to even have a chance to make a tie with any of these ones.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

So everyone considers only combat skills but not plot elements as Oda may work out such a battle? I mean, we already saw Ray-san stepping in twice for the new generation...

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    So everyone considers only combat skills but not plot elements as Oda may work out such a battle? I mean, we already saw Ray-san stepping in twice for the new generation...
    Even if you say that, it's two Admirals against two pirates. As we already saw in Shabondy, Rayleigh couldn't fight an Admiral and protect the Strawhats at the same time (he said so himself, although he said he could in his prime). I see Rayleigh and Sengoku deadlocked, so there's no way for Zoro to win unless Aokiji just walks away and lets Zoro win... Poor Zoro

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who say Zoro can't take on an admiral currently, I challenge you to give some proof, otherwise there is no telling where the monster trio are at currently.

So unless it is in the manga somewhere that Zoro can't currently take on an admiral, prove so.

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by astute_azure View Post
    For those who say Zoro can't take on an admiral currently, I challenge you to give some proof, otherwise there is no telling where the monster trio are at currently.

So unless it is in the manga somewhere that Zoro can't currently take on an admiral, prove so.
    Please read Da Tournament Rules here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...urnament-Rules

Specifically the part that says:

"Because the plot is moving forward and certain characters are being developed, they can only be considered as they have been "shown" (pic or text) capable of in the manga, except for the few characters that have been given a limit. "

The burden of proof is on you.

And in 682 chapters of One Piece, there is no proof to support your claim. You can't just make up ideas and say they're valid because no one can prove otherwise... that's irrational

8. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

And what are you pointing out by letting me read the rules? I've already read that.

Why should the burden of proof be on me. I'm just telling that Zoro can hold off an admiral, jeez...

Current chapters does not indicate the monster trio can't hold off an admiral either.

So that leaves us all assuming about their current level, so all of you are also making up your ideas and say they are valid.

Edit:
    Proof, Sanji holding off V.A Vergo, Garp is a marine V.A., Sanji can hold off Garp. Go figure the rest. O btw, I can go on for lengths and lengths of proof. So where are yours to prove that Zoro can't hold off an admiral?
    Last edited by astute_azure; September 29, 2012 at 01:05 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

astute_azure- Your logic make no sense. Garp as stated in the manga is above a vice admiral. When we talk about vice admirals, the reputation of the others are virtually unknown so far (except for Smoker I guess because he is brutal). Garp is a legendary marine. Sanji barely hold on to Vergo with his broken legs. To say that Sanji can hold off Garp, that is a big statement. So why don't you take it a step further, since Garp can hold off Gold Roger. And Gold Roger was on the same level with White Beard. Sanji can hold off both Roger and Whitebeard. You speak nonsense.

Second, as strong as Zoro is I doubt he is above opponents like Jinbei, Marco,and Vista who proven they can't damage Akainu like at all.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro and Sanji shouldn't be able to hold their own against Vice Admirals. Maybe Luffy is the only one in the current crew who can individually challenge a low-level Vice Admirals like Smoker (who seems among the weakest as he even lost to Law). The same Vergo who seems stronger than Smokey and has more authority than him was just toying with Sanji and casually managed to crack Sanji's leg, so I don't see any reason how can Zoro or Sanji challenge Admirals if they can't even tie against low level Vice Admirals.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i go with silvers.

that guy enjoys helping the second generation and even more of that good ol booze. let him watch the next fights

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sinsin View Post
    p.s.,shame on who put you on these group,want you to be elimanated on the 1st round.Maybe you offended them,,or have a grudge against you.,
    Dumbed...
    We tried our best so that the groups are COMPLETELY RANDOM, we have no intention on "fixing" any results, so we randomized the names, and this what came out. We as staff may also be sad to see some of our favorites voted away, but that gives us no room to go and fix the tournament in our cause. It is the fairest way to deal with these things, and we did just that, thanks for understanding.

15. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

zoro loses, or else he is going to become pirate king before luffy

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Even if you say that, it's two Admirals against two pirates.
    Neither Sengoku nor Aokiji are Marines any longer. In the end this battle only might take place between Sengoku and Rayleigh while Aokiji and Zoro take a nap.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

y in gods name are these 4 paired 2gether so early?

Zoro ... sorry man but U so dead

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast