Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 206 Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 206 Discussion Thread

well the chapter with the beast ancestory was good. but i am not so sure how these four "awesome" hunters will survive on the gourmet world if they r not all together. so for next week i am actually w8ing to see how he will connect the poison and the energy they released. will they defeat the beast and then wont even have the energy to stand let alone eat or something to do with the mastermind?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It was nice to see Terry, Kiss and Quinn fight the Beast; too bad they were wounded pretty badly.
    Anyway nice chapter and now let's see how powerful it is the appetites of the Four King combined (and judging from their inner beasts, it must be LOL).

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you bene this last page is awesome. In a few panels from predator to simple dish, that was a very nice job.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say that in terms of actual art Toriko manga seems to be one of the best now.

If we talk about appetites, then I believe Heavingly Kings are among the most glutoneous in Toriko's universe. Especially if we remember how Toriko finished to regenerate his left arm... it was his inner beast who smelled the tasteness of Century Soup that was prepared by Komatsu and then it managed to speed up the regeneration speed, thus making Toriko beeing able to finish his treatment faster to go and eat the Soup, so this should really show how mych of a gluton he is. And we shouldn't forget about Zebra who's appetite is at least comparable to Toriko's.

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would even say that Toriko, when compared with the big 3, is the most interesting manga right now (1 is stalling, 1 is potentially trolling, and 1 is racing to the finish). Just my opinion...

I really liked the "grown up" versions of the pets. I'm especially surprised at Kiss' adult version. I thought Kiss was closer to being "grown" than Quinn and Terry, but it looks like even he has a long way to go. And even though I know they'll be fine, I'm also surprised they got damaged as much as they did. I mean poor Quinn almost literally got torn apart.

Also, I want to say that I called the spirit bomb like combo move. The main difference is that its "appetite" energy instead of spirit energy. What I want to see now is possibly a fight between the guy controlling the 4 Beast and Mansam.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

^Agree with both of you both about art as well as story quality. Since the very beginning the story was top notch and I'm surprised for author to be able to hold that high level for so long. Hope not to jynx him

What I like the most about art is its diversity. I'm amazed about author's ability to draw both incredibly serious characters and scenes and also incredibly comical and cartoonish characters. Also, don't think I've ever seen such diversity and skill in drawing face expressions. Best example - Livebearer.

About this chapter, as others said, it was awesome seeing grown pets, they are actually bigger than Four Beast! They have a long way to go, just like Heavenly Kings. Tide has turned now and it seems Four Beast is finally on the plate.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

As for me for now the most interesting regarding the upcoming chapters should be the mystery of the person who is behind Four Beast. We might have several options here:
    1. It might be Joa or someone from his organisation, but anyways I don't get what can they gain from such a situation.
    2. It might as well be Bishokukai, especially since we know that Four Beast was revived several times in the past and among Bishokukai there was one Saiseya who was shown to us during Ichiryu's visit to their base to talk to Midora.
    3. It might be also someone totally new.

P.S. I agree that it would be more intresting to see Mansam fighting the culprit behind all of this as we need to finally see the power of the third strongest man in IGO.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter. Terry, Kiss, and Queen battling was just awesome. The memory of their ancestors was pretty nice to see. I'm not sure about the appetite energy yet, but the image of the King's Dinner was just amazing.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

So, Who wants to bet that this is appetite?
    http://mangafox.me/manga/toriko/c172/18.html

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Olho07 View Post
    So, Who wants to bet that this is appetite?
    http://mangafox.me/manga/toriko/c172/18.html
    The brilliance seems to be the same and considering that the guy shrouded in it is Midora, it is plausible.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Olho07
    If you meen Midora's ability to dissapear, then I doubt it. I believe it might be connected to his hair ability as it looks the same as Sani's, but way more developed, but if you want to stress our atention on what Ichiryu did to that Ape, then it might be an interesting theory. But I believe it might be something else. Hope we will learn about it sooner or later.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is their appetite so strong that the 4 beast will be torn up immediately? I am hoping for something amazing next chapter.
    Devour this Manga

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe their appetite would be at least strong enough to take it down.
    Hope the author won't overdo it and won't make Four Beast be turned into peaces. Cause it would make Toriko and Co too strong if they manage to perform their joint attack at more or less regular basis...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Appetite's biggest drawback is that it takes long time to charge so unless opponent is distracted for long enough it can't be used. Also Kings have been unable to perform it at any time before and this time it took considerable concentration to do it, so it's not that easy to execute.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I just hope it won't be something like Kamehameha tho, I liked Terry/Quinn/Kiss vs the Four Beast better, especially that part where it remembered some of its fights, gave us a glimpse about how Terry & co can still grow, although I found it weird that Battle Wolf can get that big, Terry's mother wasn't big at all, but in that flashback, the BW seemed as big as the Four beast

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast