Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the chapter!

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

1 9.09%
  • Good

7 63.64%
  • Great

1 9.09%
  • Epic!

2 18.18%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vinland Saga Chapter 87 Discussion/Chapter 88 Predictions

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Vinland Saga Chapter 87 Discussion/Chapter 88 Predictions

This thread is for Vinland Saga chapter 87 spoilers. If you have spoilers, please PM a moderator or admin to open this thread. Please include a link to your source in the PM.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vinland Saga Chapter 87 Discussion/Chapter 88 Predictions

Chapter #87Verification: Confirmed
    Source: JJT - Juin Jutsu Team
    Credits: JJT - Juin Jutsu Team

Raw Here: JJT - Juin Jutsu Team

3. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 87

Canute will arrive in 2-3 days and seem like Arneis gonna get punishment?
    is Jombsborg viking is somewhat related to Thorfinn? how many viking group out there?
    Last edited by DragonSoul; October 27, 2012 at 01:26 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 2878's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

A good chapter. I ll give it a 7 and this is mainly because Snake didn't appeared in it. I wanted to know what does he think about this whole thing.

And I am somewhat surprised about Floki working under Canute. I don't know when he last appeared in the manga but I think he opposed Canute. (I kind of understand Canute - who would want to make enemies of the Jomsvikings - maybe Thorkell ) )

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member You Say's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    Chapter 87
    Canute will arrive in 2-3 days and seem like Arneis gonna get punishment?
    is Jombsborg viking is somewhat related to Thorfinn? how many viking group out there?
    Ketil is mentally exhausted so I wouldn't be so surprised if Arneis will get some punishment. On the other hand, Ketil is really kind so when he actually sees her he may be merciful.
    Jomsvikings are self-organised Viking unit. Unlike Askeladd's unit and other ordinary Viking units, Jomsvikings aren't under the power of the royal crown. Within story of Vinland Saga, chief of Jomsvikings, Sigvaldi, is Thorfinn's grandfather if I'm not mistaken. We don't know how many or even if any other groups like Jomsvikings existed. Hell, some professors still doubt the very existence of Jomsvikings. So much for that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2878 View Post
    And I am somewhat surprised about Floki working under Canute. I don't know when he last appeared in the manga but I think he opposed Canute. (I kind of understand Canute - who would want to make enemies of the Jomsvikings - maybe Thorkell ) )
    Floki last appeared in ninth volume in chapter 61. (not sure though), where he assisted in Knut's conquest of England. While he clearly wasn't happy about royal crown being on Knut's head. He probably feared that Knut was still "a soft princess". However, this fears of Floki were proven false by the Knut's great advance in conquering England. So Floki (who represents Jomsvikings) and Knut are allies.

I don't know who is familiar with Scandinavian history and who isn't so I won't spoil anything. Still, I don't know why Hox transcripts Úlfr as Woolf. I'm fond of Scandinavian culture for a long time but I never read or heard about Úlfr having a nickname Woolf, so I'm assuming that Hox just got this wrong. No bashing, he's pretty good moon-runes translator.
    Huge fan of history and Nordic culture, serious mature stories, Yukimura Makoto, Iwaaki Hitoshi and Tezuka Osamu.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose this hints that Thorfinn will soon be freed, and how. Kind of obvious but I suppose every able bodied man will be needed to defend the farm. No matter Ketil's wrath at the attempted escape, Thorgil will eventually arm every man capable of wielding a weapon. What I most wonder about is what will become of Thorfinn's vow of non-violence. I doubt one last battle is all that is left before finding a peaceful, pastoral future.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 2878's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by You Say View Post
    I don't know who is familiar with Scandinavian history and who isn't so I won't spoil anything. Still, I don't know why Hox transcripts Úlfr as Woolf. I'm fond of Scandinavian culture for a long time but I never read or heard about Úlfr having a nickname Woolf, so I'm assuming that Hox just got this wrong. No bashing, he's pretty good moon-runes translator.
    He's somewhat right. It is related. I couldn't explain it myself so I searched for a link or something.

http://www.behindthename.com/name/ulf

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member You Say's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2878 View Post
    He's somewhat right. It is related. I couldn't explain it myself so I searched for a link or something.
    http://www.behindthename.com/name/ulf
    Okay, now I feel like a moron. I completely forgot about meaning of names. Still, actual name and "meaning of a name" are two different things, so he'll stay Úlfr for me. Point for you anyway.
    Huge fan of history and Nordic culture, serious mature stories, Yukimura Makoto, Iwaaki Hitoshi and Tezuka Osamu.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

another great chapter, didnt expect ketil's mental breakdown +10 chapter

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't expect Ketil's reaction either. It looked like he even wanted to focus on Arneis' escape as a distraction or his own "escape" from the real problem at hand, that the king is heading there to seize the lands for himself.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

The fated reunion is getting closer and closer...
    On another note, I hope Thorfinn won't get an eternal scar from the wound on his cheek !
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Added a poll, everyone please vote if you like.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

But it's hard to answer that poll!

why? because it's one of those chapters that lead to the EPIC chapter you know? It's not bad and its lack of action is due to the fore-shadowing effect, or, in Spielberg's Jurassic Park, the part where ripples appear on the water in the plastic cup!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Old man Ketil is a dead man.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one that is incredibly underwhelmed by the soon to be new arc? I don't care about what Canute is doing in the slightest.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast