Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's the point of the Tailed Beast's names?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the point of the Tailed Beast's names?

What was the point in them giving Naruto all there names and some of there Chakra? it makes no sense to me because he dose not have the 1 tails chakra or name so what is 8 out of the 9 gonna do
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: whats The point of the tailed beasts names

He does know the 1st tail beast name.
    We've known it from the very start, it's Shukaku.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The names were just symbolism that they all accept him as "The One". The chakra was just enough so that he could continue fighting Obito right now. Unless it turns out the names are some code to deactivate Gedo Mazo or something. Which is unlikely considering now's the perfect time to use it and he's just... not.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the biju might be made of chakra but each of them has their own personality and feelings. It makes perfect sense they would indeed have names other than being called by the number of their tails. It makes even more sense when some of them are somehow based on actual mythological creatures who do have names. The strange part is that no one every wondered whether they did have names.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    The names were just symbolism that they all accept him as "The One". The chakra was just enough so that he could continue fighting Obito right now. Unless it turns out the names are some code to deactivate Gedo Mazo or something. Which is unlikely considering now's the perfect time to use it and he's just... not.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, the biju might be made of chakra but each of them has their own personality and feelings. It makes perfect sense they would indeed have names other than being called by the number of their tails. It makes even more sense when some of them are somehow based on actual mythological creatures who do have names. The strange part is that no one every wondered whether they did have names.
    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    He does know the 1st tail beast name.
    We've known it from the very start, it's Shukaku.
    Ok , but naruto said "i know there names...i bet you dont!" to tobito, so it makes me think that he needs the names to "call out" to the personality within the 10 tails....maybe garra will show up and thats how the 1 tail will be convinced
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Maybe their names are some sort of sealing spell . Maybe the reason why obito and madara failed to summon the juubi is because they don't know the final method of that summoning. Maybe you need to say their names first before the juubi will appear.
    When i claimed that minato knows Kage Bunshin, They said that I'm wrong.
    When i claimed that minato is a sage mode user, they said that I'm delusional.
    When i claimed that minato can extend his chakra arms and can activate BM, they said that I'm ridiculous.
    Seriously, Who's "wrong", "delusional" and "ridiculous" now?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member synapse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Ok , but naruto said "i know there names...i bet you dont!" to tobito, so it makes me think that he needs the names to "call out" to the personality within the 10 tails....maybe garra will show up and thats how the 1 tail will be convinced
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Yeah. Maybe their names are some sort of sealing spell . Maybe the reason why obito and madara failed to summon the juubi is because they don't know the final method of that summoning. Maybe you need to say their names first before the juubi will appear.
    Lol typical Naruto twist...all you needed to do was treat those beasts like they were kids and they'll listen to ya

its bad enough kyuubi has been reduced to a Naruto fanboy....i hope that isn't the significance of the names.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well honestly kyuubi explained that he was always a naruto fanboy he was just stuck up about it and it finally showed

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member synapse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    Well honestly kyuubi explained that he was always a naruto fanboy he was just stuck up about it and it finally showed
    what about the Kyuubi who killed his dad and mom cuz they tried to control it? and now its all eager to be controlled by Naruto....too big a change of personality. SMH

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That was purely symbolic. Tobi at the time could have never thought of the biju as anything other but incontrollable masses of chakra. They were as far as he was concerned things. To boot his entire plan revolves around taking away the worlds sense of self, no more individuals, just madara in control.

The personalities of the biju were there before naruto new their names. Even the 3 tails turned out to be a good guy with a personality.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offensive bias View Post
    what about the Kyuubi who killed his dad and mom cuz they tried to control it? and now its all eager to be controlled by Naruto....too big a change of personality. SMH
    i agree dose Naruto not realize that the Nine tails has killed many leaf ninja (including his mom and dad, and Irukas parents.....it was also because of the nine tails attack that the Uchiha were put under suspicion if not for that then the massacre would not have happened) i dont know why Naruto just forgot all that :/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree dose Naruto not realize that the Nine tails has killed many leaf ninja (including his mom and dad, and Irukas parents.....it was also because of the nine tails attack that the Uchiha were put under suspicion if not for that then the massacre would not have happened) i dont know why Naruto just forgot all that :/
    Naruto didn't just forget all of that. That's the biggest aspect of Naruto's character at this point in the series, especially since after Jiraiya died. You know, all that stuff about breaking the cycle of hatred and whatnot.

Let's suppose Naruto did decide to finish off Nagato and hold a major grudge against Kurama. Then what?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Adv2011's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole point of the tailed beast names are to be recoginzed as living beings and not being used as animals just see how you feel when you call someone by a ugly name like black people when they get called with the N word!
    Tobi: no power surpasses my eternal mangeyko sharingan!
    Itachi: Kabuto, to think that you surpassed orochimaru is amazing on it’s own, yet i believe you still have much to learn, especially about who you are deal(?) “dealing?” with

Failll ^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose the whole point is the symbolism of Naruto trying to understand, while Tobi wants to control.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Archea's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's funny that Kurama who is basically Naruto's surrogate/adoptive/unwilling father was supposed to still hate him after 16 years. I think he was just mad Naruto never asked him if he had a name. Then he was probably sore about the time Naruto stepped on him and got all up in his grill as well.

Anywho I think the names have no other importance than to humanize the bijuu's. Naruto's probably messing with Obito's head like he messed with the entire world. (Fooling them into thinking he was Madara)

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast