Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: To All Scanlators and Scanlation Groups

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

To All Scanlators and Scanlation Groups

All right, I decided to create this forum because I felt that our scanlator groups, for all their hard work, deserved their own personal forum separate from the 'Meet the Translator' forum in this section. We have quite a lot of people here who clean Naruto and other manga for us on a routine basis.

Most of our scanlators here - to my knowledge - are extremely deserving of threads where they can be better recognized for their work. So go ahead so that people can thank you, get to know you, ask questions and all that jazz

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ibi's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: To All Scanlators and Scanlation Groups

i wanted to ask, why doesn't anybody scanlate the manga "Kingdom", or rather, why not any more?
    I've read 16 chapters and then it just stopped and apparently there's 26 volumes.
    Is there a reason or something?
    Imagine trying to keep up with these two!!!!!!

hahhaa

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: To All Scanlators and Scanlation Groups

Quote Originally Posted by ibi View Post
    i wanted to ask, why doesn't anybody scanlate the manga "Kingdom", or rather, why not any more?
    I've read 16 chapters and then it just stopped and apparently there's 26 volumes.
    Is there a reason or something?
    I'm not from that group but here is what I think:

The group that were scanlating it is currently inactive: http://demigodscanlation.wordpress.com/
    Some groups take a break during summer though, so they might be back.

Other groups don't usually pick up mangas unless the previous group officially drops it or disbands (or have been inactive for a long time). For scanlation, 2-3 months isn't really a long time.

Also, add to the fact that the manga isn't very popular and is seinen. Seinen mangas are harder to translate because they don't have furigana to help read the kanji, so you need Translators who can actually read kanji (they generally are used to emphasize double meanings).

However, many groups take requests, so if you want to see it scanlated, I suggest you ask around with various scanlation groups. Your best bet would probably be to start scanlating yourself and then get your group to pick it up.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply