Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

4 9.30%
  • Good!

25 58.14%
  • Regular

12 27.91%
  • Boring...

1 2.33%
  • Bad!

0 0%
  • Fail!

0 0%
  • Other...

1 2.33%
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 302 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 302 Discussion/ 303 Predictions

Been following this site for a long time, just registred because i could not belive that so many would not make a theory about this (if someone did i missed it)

They are not changing history by going back to the past, it seems that they already did go to the past, that is the reason of how Zeref knows Natsu, and how he knew Natsu would be able to defeat him some day. because he already lost to Natsu in the past
    That's also seems to be how Sting and Rogue knew them, but the 400yrs gap seems to big

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It would make a lot of sense for a meeting like that to have happened, but if Zeref met Natsu in the past then why did he tell Natsu-who was several months younger than he is right now and lacking in a few experiences that he's gotten since-that he's "really grown" when they met?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    It would make a lot of sense for a meeting like that to have happened, but if Zeref met Natsu in the past then why did he tell Natsu-who was several months younger than he is right now and lacking in a few experiences that he's gotten since-that he's "really grown" when they met?
    Maybe he looked after Natsu when he was a child? dont know didnt remember him sayng that, good point

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously, the gate of the Ecilpse will be triggered, intentional or not, and it brings Acnologia (sp?) to the city. Some members of Fairy Tail enter the gate. One of the people is Lucy. Lucy or the Yukino can only open the gate. I'm betting it will be Lucy since she now possesses all 12 keys. I also believe that the girl Jellal encounters is Lucy from the Past. The premonition that Carla had is of the Lucy from the Past. The destruction will occur but the Lucy of the Past will break the cycle so the time loop is shattered-and in someway saves Natsu from perishing in some grizzly way. You know it's heading that direction.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucy does not posses 12 keys yet, yukino still owns her 2 keys.

Natsu meeting zeref for the first time through the gates would perhaps make sense but it does not rule out the possibility of him and the other DS' being born 400 years ago. The manga still has yet to deal with the plot point of natsu and gajeel being over 80 years old. Perhaps a future plot point will be natsu meeting with a younger version of himself or perhaps even his parents. I get the impression the whole thing will be set up to be overly convoluted.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything makes sense now with the focus on dates and what not and then the history we just got and the disappearance of Dragons. I think the DS we've seen were actually sent to the future from roughly 400 years ago. Something similar to the eclipse I imagine.

I think the reasoning is they were actually being trained to fight dragons and then the Acnologia event happened and they had a change in plans.

There are big pieces of the story missing but it makes sense. The DS show up as really old etc.. We assumed it was because of ancient magic but that didn't make too much sense, unless they are actually quite old themselves. Then the biggest piece for me is how Natsu recognized Wendy, but couldn't put his finger on it - then of course Zeref as well.

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Lucy does not posses 12 keys yet, yukino still owns her 2 keys.

Natsu meeting zeref for the first time through the gates would perhaps make sense but it does not rule out the possibility of him and the other DS' being born 400 years ago. The manga still has yet to deal with the plot point of natsu and gajeel being over 80 years old. Perhaps a future plot point will be natsu meeting with a younger version of himself or perhaps even his parents. I get the impression the whole thing will be set up to be overly convoluted.
    I agree with everything you said there but Mashima is pretty careful and methodical in his stories. He actually plans the plots unlike some other shonens. So every hint has been leading up to this. Its possible its an infinite time loop, that needs to be broken. There has been hints to the "real magic world" which tells me the current one is a facade over something extremely sinister (lumen histoire?). But I dunno, I'm actually excited for these questions to be answered for once.

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    I think Zeref isn't as evil as people are letting off, I get the feeling he used his own body to seal something. His whole introduction was someone who actually couldn't stand death. I get the feeling he and Natsu were great friends, and Zeref was hoping he was strong enough to destroy him and whatever is inside him as well. We will see! Can't wait.

This manga has usurped other shonens in terms of my favorites of late. The story is riveting and its the only one I've been looking forward to. Naruto, Bleach, and even One Piece haven't really had that effect lately. I like this plot continuum Mashima set up. It actually shows he had it planned. Every hint of Natsu's age and everything else is evidence of that.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member adbanginwar's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BeastyZoro View Post
    well IMO Zeref knows Natsu because Natsu has already been back in time. I dont see any other way how Zeref would know him. Or maybe Natsu is a dragon who transformed in human but doesnt remember anything.
    not true. DS are rare in today's FT world. many interested persons will know natsu. if you remember; natsu knew gajel before his fight with phantom, natsu knew wendy before they were against oracison ses. time travel is not required to know who is DS in current world.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BonkersLord View Post
    Been following this site for a long time, just registred because i could not belive that so many would not make a theory about this (if someone did i missed it)

They are not changing history by going back to the past, it seems that they already did go to the past, that is the reason of how Zeref knows Natsu, and how he knew Natsu would be able to defeat him some day. because he already lost to Natsu in the past
    That's also seems to be how Sting and Rogue knew them, but the 400yrs gap seems to big
    if so natsu would remember zeref too dont you think?? i mean he didnt recognize him on tenrojima.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adbanginwar View Post
    not true. DS are rare in today's FT world. many interested persons will know natsu. if you remember; natsu knew gajel before his fight with phantom, natsu knew wendy before they were against oracison ses. time travel is not required to know who is DS in current world.
    Zeref said: "Natsu still can't break me". Oh, and he was crying when he said that. Why did he say explicitly, that NATSU can't break him, and he is the ONLY one who can? You say he doesn't know him personally, like, at all? And Natsu's name is just a coincidience, because Zeref doesn't know other DS's that could break him? They didn't meet in the past, but he knows, that Natsu is special?

About Natsu "knowing" Gazeel. Phantom and Fairy were rivals. Erza knew Gazeel as well. But when he met Wendy it was something different. He knew her name, he was sure he heard her name before. With Gazeel it was just "Oh, that punk dragon slayer who is said to be stronger than me..."

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7162-...hapter-47.html
    Last edited by Duniak; October 06, 2012 at 05:44 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow,that was awesome...first thing i'd like to say is.Somebody i don't recall who and i'm a little pressed.As in to
    look for who it was,mentioned ''time travelling''.Well done for that.I could not see the manga going that way again.
    But this issue made me come to terms with it.And possibly add a little to it...check this?

I'm thinking that history has already been changed.That Anologia (spelling) is actually Natsu.And that Lucy had travelled
    back and has recently been seen in the the last couple of issue as the mysterious person some were confusing to be
    Lucy mom...that my explanation for lucy having been back in time.

Natsu goes along these lines...the murial of the dragon slayer wearing the same scarf as natsu.Has (to me)made it
    possible for that person to be natsu.If he was the DS of that time.It's possible that he in turn evolved into Anologia
    And that would tie in with Zeref asking natsu or thinking.If he could FLY yet?(Grimore arc folks)Also with Levy recent
    ramblings from what appeared to be from a future outcome.I'm happy to attach my name to this hypothois...plus
    AND THIS IS IMPORTANT natsu has a wicked ''blank spot'' in his memories...there i've said it,lol.Agree or disagree?

As for the rest of this issue.I thought it was boss..lol.The Captain switched tack.And in so doing arose suspicion(spelling)
    on himself from first natsu and then the defence Advisor.The fact that the king has taken a liking to fairy tail also to me
    bodes well,as in he may also be someone we know that went to the past also?

Either way,the advisor was right in saying that you can't mess with history.The consequency would be too devastating.
    I'm really looking forward to reading the next issue as soon as possible.But with this been an early release.A long
    wait will surely ensue...bummer.Laters...i'll read some comments now,lol.Peace.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashidad View Post
    I'm thinking that history has already been changed.That Acnologia is actually Natsu.And that Lucy had travelled
    back and has recently been seen in the the last couple of issue as the mysterious person some were confusing to be
    Lucy mom...that my explanation for lucy having been back in time.
    That would explain a lot. Remember how Mashima showed us Acnologia as human? It was the exact image of "Great Demon Lord Dragneel" in Edolas Arc (from another perspective). He named himself Demon Lord Dragneel, that's very suggestive as well. I think either Natsu IS Acnologia and he'll have to fight himself in the end, or he is Demon Lord (lulz). I wonder why he can get use lightning so easily. What's so special about him. Something surely is.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

since everyone is talking about time travel and stuff, why not then assume the concept of rebirth. I mean imagine, zeref and natsu 400 or so years agoknew each other in the past and fought to the max and natsu won giving zeref the state that he is in now (neither dead nor alive) but ofcourse natsu died as a result of the battle, and somehow he's been reborn. it could also explain everything because natsu is a part of zeref's past, present and future.
    though one thing is certain, there will be a change of fate in this part and the dragon igneel will make sure of it that's why he said its time for them to take action. im sure this time whatever bad was to happen will not this time around

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/293/22

but i am curious if someone can help me i would be very helpful. this line http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/293/21 in this chapter when igneel remarks whether humans can exceed dragons or is it a mere dream makes no sense because a human did exceed all dragons becoming the king of dragons the acalogia one, so what is igneel actually talking about?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

to be honest i really dislike the idea of time travel as a plot device as it is very omnipotent tool for the author also it has a potential to screw everything up leaving endless sea of plot holes. as for the idea of natsu, gajeel & wendy sent from the past to beat acnologia (otherwise how could zeref knows natsu + age wise does not fit from the laxus arc) there is loads of ways zeref would know natsu in the chapter 101 gradinie said 'lets believe in the humans and zeref' which could mean that the dragons are actually working with zeref possibly to kill their king. as for the age of dragon slayers, the DS magic transform the user to dragons constitution so in natsu's case igneel which is ancient.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amitnaruto View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/293/22

but i am curious if someone can help me i would be very helpful. this line http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/293/21 in this chapter when igneel remarks whether humans can exceed dragons or is it a mere dream makes no sense because a human did exceed all dragons becoming the king of dragons the acalogia one, so what is igneel actually talking about?
    Acnologia didn't fight Igneel, who must be hax dragon like Obito in Naruto, and has broken ability to use other dragon's elements (like Natsu Lightning or Zancrow's God Flame)! Igneel can eat every damn thing in freakin' earth and get power-up! He MUST be special, Natsu surely is and his element being lame is just sooo basic. I mean, dragons are flying lizards that can spew flames. In FT we have Iron, Air, Holy, Shadow, damn Emerald, and just... flames, basic as motherfucker. It doesn't even sound dangerous. I have Iron! I have Shadow! I throw up emerald! Oh, that's cool, I have flames. Oh, and Igneel actually calls himself "One and only Igneel"

Igneel clearly doesn't think Acnologia is stronger than him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

dont think so if look close igneel clearly has tons of scars which could have come from acnologia, and if he is a hax dragon then why would he have to train natsu just kill acnologia by himself

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshua019 View Post
    dont think so if look close igneel clearly has tons of scars which could have come from acnologia, and if he is a hax dragon then why would he have to train natsu just kill acnologia by himself
    Yet to be explained. xd But he taught Natsu, and he is special, so Igneel must be special too. He knows how to eat other elements, how to eat God Flames ("special way") and I don't think Gajeel/Wendy can do it too. Scars are to show his experience and many fights he has been in. Dragons are waiting to take action, they went to hiding. We know, that in war Dragon Slayers were very important and were as strong as the dragons teaching them. Otherwise they wouldn't be so useful and won't change as much as they have. Igneel is strong, I think the strongest dragon, but currently can't kill Acnologia. Maybe something was done to him so he can't fight at full power, so he taught Natsu so he can achieve level he once had.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast