Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: BTOOOM!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

BTOOOM!

Spoiler: Advertisement --> BTOOOM! [CD -Blu-ray], might look like this: show

Aired:
    It starts on October 4th, 2012
    (look the list for the exact time !!!)

Trailer:
    Spoiler show

Official site:
    http://www.btooom.com/

Adopted from:
    BTOOOM! --> manhwa

Synopsis:
    The story centers around Ryūta(or Ryouta - ?) Sakamoto, a NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) young man and a top-ranked player in the online combat game Btooom! One day, he wakes up on a tropical island without remembering how he got there. He sees a figure in the distance and asks for help. However, the figure responds by throwing something at Ryūta(or Ryouta - ?) — a "BIM" bomb. In that moment, Ryūta(or Ryouta - ?) comes to realize two things: one, his own life is in danger, and two, he is now in the world of Btooom!

Official plot preview:
    22 years old guy Ryuta Sakamoto is in the world top ranking of online game named "Btoom". One day he wakes up on a desert island with a green chip on his left hand and finds in his bag a bomb called BIM. He can't remember how he arrived there but starts to think he is maybe in a real "Btoom" survival game...

(taken from the site where you can order it online : 1 2 3 4 5 6 - Oh and BTW, don't ask me what is the difference in between those links, except the release dates, coz I have no clue...)

Genres:
    Action, Sci-Fi, Psychological, Seinen, Mature(?)

Type:
    Anime TV

Opening Theme:
    "No Pain, No game" by Nano

Ending Theme:
    "Aozora (アオゾラ)" by May'n

Staff:
    Spoiler show

Japanese cast / Characters & Voice Actors:
    Spoiler show

Producers:
    Madhouse Studios

I would recommend this to you, based on following anime:
    Spoiler show

Episodes: 12
    Last edited by Monsterguy; September 29, 2012 at 02:02 AM. Reason: forgot minor details (prefix, spelling...)
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BTOOOM!

meh, not too fond of the first episode. I've only read the first few chapters but they skipped some details, made the protagonist look less like a jerk and instead made his mum appear more crazy. It's not too far of but I didn't like the little changes here and there + that marriage thing was never mentioned in the manga, at least not at that part.

Just hoping they will stay close to the real thing, the changes are not that big but I dislike it when characters change, even if it's only slightly. Guess I will read the manga along to see how close they're adapting the series.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that has a lot to do with the voice actor, I feel his voice is too soft even when he is mad.

One thing I love though is the background music, it's jazzy!

Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, I couldn't resist and look also at second episode, but although at first I hoped it would be cloaser to manga, there were really quite a few small changes that make a story much more dramatic in manga than in anime...

So I think they should definitly stay closer to the main story, why blood, murder, and rape were more or less shown with as few pictures as posibile, what I didn't like at all so far !!!

"How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    I think that has a lot to do with the voice actor, I feel his voice is too soft even when he is mad.

One thing I love though is the background music, it's jazzy!
    Agreed on both. And damn, the anime made him look even more like Yagami Light

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    yeah, I couldn't resist and look also at second episode, but although at first I hoped it would be cloaser to manga, there were really quite a few small changes that make a story much more dramatic in manga than in anime...

So I think they should definitly stay closer to the main story, why blood, murder, and rape were more or less shown with as few pictures as posibile, what I didn't like at all so far !!!
    I probably should tell you that that the episode will air "uncensored" too, at least that's what I heard from a few people who are watching the show. Dunno how much they will show there but I guess it probably will include some juicy stuff like the detached hand f.ex.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ghan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The second episode was not too bad. I kind of feel sorry for the chick because of the decision to leave your friend while she was getting raped and then the friend hates you afterwards. And then you were almost raped by an obese virgin.

The next episode looks promising, I just wanna see some more action

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I probably should tell you that that the episode will air "uncensored" too, at least that's what I heard from a few people who are watching the show. Dunno how much they will show there but I guess it probably will include some juicy stuff like the detached hand f.ex.
    I'm not saying I want to see those girls naked, because the presentation can be changed in a way you would not be able to see anything, but I at least wanted to see something like following when Himeko's friend was raped:
    Spoiler: hands on glass, that represents suffering (cruel thing like rape): show

or some horrifying scenes, not just red stains from a first guy that was killed in first episode:
    Spoiler: disintegrating body from manga: show

So uncensored or not I imagined myself it will be more of a horror, like Undercity's first chapter:
    http://www.mangapark.com/manga/Under-City/c1/6-1

What I meant to say was that such cruel and shocking moments/scenes, that sended shivers down my spine in manga, were literally "cut out" in anime !!!
    Last edited by Monsterguy; October 25, 2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: fixing links

New Reply