Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shinsekai yori (From the new World)

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Shinsekai yori (From the new World)

pretty much all five of them are epic kids- And satoru and saki may even show more talent than what we see so far.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Daaamn you, Shun. You've done a great job of breaking Saki's and my hearts!!
    Now we know what is actually happening to karma demon and why is it that many of the animals were transformed so hideously.
    God, God, God. Why does it have to be Shun?? It's so heartbreaking to hear his story, not to mention that his parting words to Saki were, "I've always loved you, goodbye." Damn, I hate this kind of parting words; so heartbreaking.
    I ship Saki and Shun so I'm really sad that the ship sinks too soon.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Daaamn you, Shun. You've done a great job of breaking Saki's and my hearts!!
    Now we know what is actually happening to karma demon and why is it that many of the animals were transformed so hideously.
    God, God, God. Why does it have to be Shun?? It's so heartbreaking to hear his story, not to mention that his parting words to Saki were, "I've always loved you, goodbye." Damn, I hate this kind of parting words; so heartbreaking.
    I ship Saki and Shun so I'm really sad that the ship sinks too soon.
    This really was a sad episode. I choked up when Subaru was revealed to have turned into a deformed monster. I'm so curious what caused Shun's transformation, what subconsciously effected him, turning him into a Kharma Demon. It did make sense that he would be the one to transform. Even before encountering the The False Minoshiro, he seemed to have some inkling about the true nature of society. It would make sense that Shun was most effected, and angry, about what they learned before the timeskip. He and Saki would have made a great couple, it really is sad that he had to be the one to die.

The Shinsekai world makes a lot more sense now. It makes a lot of sense that the Bakenezumi and other creatures are the byproduct of subconscious urges, projected outward by cantus users. Connecting societies isolationism with their suppression of the subconscious was brilliant.
    Last edited by Kaiten; December 02, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

And why are you using a sig of Saki's face that time? It breaks my heart all over again.

I'm also curious as to how exactly Shun becomes a karma demon. He is the most calm and collected person among the group, but I guess that also might mean that he's the one who suppressed his emotion the most.

Yeah, I agree that this story seems to have very logical reasons behind everything: how the society works and why it works that way, what is the effect of the society's rules and so on. I guess it teaches us something about society these days too.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This show is growing on me, more and more every week. Episode 11 was incredible, another twist, another logical extension of the plot. I can't believe they erased the very memory of Shun, but replaced him with another student. Not only that, it is not the first time in the series that has happened. Does anyone remember the name of the girl from episode one? The girl struggled with basic cantus, was removed from the group, and never mentioned again. I had completely forgotten about her. Now it seems that was completely deliberate on the writers part. I love this show more and more, as the plot develops.

I can't wait for next week, and the confrontation between Saki and the ethics committee.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

I'm also curious as to how exactly Shun becomes a karma demon. He is the most calm and collected person among the group, but I guess that also might mean that he's the one who suppressed his emotion the most.
    That's possible. His calm demeanor may only hide his true emotions, not reflect inner peace. Saki is outwardly hot blooded, but as Mari noted, she has more inner strength than most. In a crisis, she is able to keep her wits, and not let stress effect her. Shun's temperament is more a mystery. He had less screen time than Satoru and Saki, we know less about his thought process. He seemed to know something was wrong, breaking up with Satoru shortly before becoming a Karma Demon.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So after their weird relationships, the school then sort of designs activities to "force" a heterosexual relationship to preserve the species.

I had actually expected more out of Mamoru. howell.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

When the eps started, I felt something was odd until Maria talked of Ryou. God, I almost cried when I realized they've forgotten Shun already! Thankfully, Satoru and Saki, the closest to Shun, still remember parts of him. I would've flip the table if they forgot him too!

So their partners-for-life is decided since they're 14? And it has to be heterosexual? Oh.. okay.
    But from what Saki thinks and says to Ryou, if only Shun didn't turn into a karma demon, she would've picked him. Dear God, my heart is breaking all over again.
    So, it isn't mentioned but from the scenes, am I right to assume that Saki become Satoru's partner and Maria Mamoru's?

Saki seems to have some kind of weird dream power? Since she can hear Shun talking in her dream. She even sees Subaru there.

I wonder though, how they can alter the memory of so many people? But we know that the process isn't perfect since there are so many holes in the memories.

The fact that Satoru's grandma is the head of the mysterious ethic committee is pretty surprising. I'm getting more curious now. The preview makes me wonder if Saki is going to be asked to do something. They must have realized that Saki isn't the usual type.

If I think about it again, does the ethic committee know the truth behind everything or they just do what their predecessor did? I really want to know this.

Argh~ So many questions.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

At the early parts of the anime I really thought it was a Satoru x Saki kind of thing, but, then the BL thing happened, and considering this episode, Satoru still likes guys so, I'm 70% debunking the Satoru x Saki. That ship has sailed.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

God, I'm liking this eps more and more. We know more now about the Ethics Committee, Board of Education, Fiends and Karma Demons. The story about boy K was really.. something. I feel sad for Izumi though... Shun shared the same fate as hers.

I think I agree with Satoru's grandma (forgot her name already; how could she stay youthful?) about Saki. She possessed a great mental strength and I do think she can succeed Satoru's grandma. I still don't feel comfortable about the way they keep their society, but I understand that they had no other choice to ensure their safety. Boy K.. killing 1000 people...

I still feel sad about Shun... He will never be remembered.

I don't feel enthralled to watch the next eps though... I don't care pretty much about Mamoru, not to mention I know the spoiler of his fate.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

God, I'm liking this eps more and more. We know more now about the Ethics Committee, Board of Education, Fiends and Karma Demons. The story about boy K was really.. something. I feel sad for Izumi though... Shun shared the same fate as hers.

I think I agree with Satoru's grandma (forgot her name already; how could she stay youthful?) about Saki. She possessed a great mental strength and I do think she can succeed Satoru's grandma. I still don't feel comfortable about the way they keep their society, but I understand that they had no other choice to ensure their safety. Boy K.. killing 1000 people...
    While I also understand the rationale behind their rules, the harshness of their society also makes me uncomfortable. I have a feeling Saki agrees with us too, she does not seem happy with how repressive society is. She would make a good leader, and worthy successor to Asahina, but I can't imagine it is a role she will accept.

Quote Quote:
    I still feel sad about Shun... He will never be remembered.
    Shun's story was heartbreaking, especially now that we know the truth about karma demons

Quote Quote:
    I don't feel enthralled to watch the next eps though... I don't care pretty much about Mamoru, not to mention I know the spoiler of his fate.
    I'm curious what happens next, especially after what Asahina said about society only being as strong as the weakest link. I'd like to know more about how events have effected Mamoru, clearly the most sensitive member of the group.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    While I also understand the rationale behind their rules, the harshness of their society also makes me uncomfortable. I have a feeling Saki agrees with us too, she does not seem happy with how repressive society is. She would make a good leader, and worthy successor to Asahina, but I can't imagine it is a role she will accept.
    I have hopes that if Saki becomes the head of the Ethics Committee, she might be able to change its way. Maybe find a less violent solution to the problems.

Shun's story was heartbreaking, especially now that we know the truth about karma demons
    He cannot actually control his powers because Cantus is directly related to the unconsciousness. How can someone control the unconscious??
    And he had to see what his powers did to the people and the pet he loved...

I'm curious what happens next, especially after what Asahina said about society only being as strong as the weakest link. I'd like to know more about how events have effected Mamoru, clearly the most sensitive member of the group.
    Mamoru is certainly one of those who can't handle the truth. Now that he knows it... it will certainly affect him greatly. I cannot say more than this; it will be a spoiler. But I can say that things will get, uh, "interesting".

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shinsekai yori (From the new World)

Does anybody else still watch this series? This thread is eerily silent.

The new eps is just.. whoa. The queerats are definitely suspicious and I agree with Saturo's suspicion. As for Maria and Mamoru... since I know the spoiler already it's just... argh. I wonder if the faceless boy in Saki's dream is Shun?
    The last part of the eps is just.. (again) whoa. They slept together?!
    I'm excited about the next eps though, since they will be 26! The preview looks promising. Satoru grows to be a gorgeous man. Saki is beautiful too. There will be 12 years time skip so I wonder what will happen and why the time skip occurs. It just feel a tad bit depressing that now it's only the two of them left. *sigh*

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody else still watch this series? This thread is eerily silent.
    Of course I watch this series even now, and it's still among the best one's out there for me. Although I must admit I'm fairly lazy to post sometimes...

Quote Quote:
    The new eps is just.. whoa. The queerats are definitely suspicious and I agree with Saturo's suspicion.
    Don't you mean Saki being more suspicious ???
    I find her much more doubtfull to what queerats might be capable off, and that Saturo is just taking everything(that Saki is worried about) into consideration.
    Besides, I see Saturo more like a guy who lost someone dear to him(Shun), and at the same time Saki like that as well(Maria), so it's no wonder to me that they both ended up becoming a couple.

Quote Quote:
    As for Maria and Mamoru... since I know the spoiler already it's just... argh.
    Yeah, you don't have to tell me. Anway let me tell you how my pairings looked like, you won't believe it, but nothing came out as I thought:
    • my first paring would look like this: Maria x Saturo, coz to me it looked like Maria had fun looking at Saki interacting with Saturo
    • my second paring was at that time due to seducing eyes from both parties: Saki x Shun
    • Mamoru at first to me looked like a guy, who would in the future become a player (admired by all the girls, but only had fun with them...)

Now it's like the world is crumbling (as the title says: "From the new World") and my every plan for paring, I first created, has gotten instead "splashed down the river"...

Still, due to unexpected circumstances that happened to all of our main characters, I can not blame them...

Quote Quote:
    I wonder if the faceless boy in Saki's dream is Shun?
    Wow, it never occored to me, you might be right. Nonetheless, my first impression was that this was Saki's subconsciousness or her evil self, maybe even karma demon or something created by queerats with the knowledge of the same thing like minoshiro before, but Shun definitly did not come to my mind...

Quote Quote:
    The last part of the eps is just.. (again) whoa. They slept together?!
    I didn't notice this when I first saw the trailer but don't worry you didn't spoil me, I noticed it from comments on other forums soon after I finished watching currently the last episode out. At first, I was: "Is this for reall now ???", but with a time skip like that again, it is to be expected.

Quote Quote:
    It just feel a tad bit depressing that now it's only the two of them left. *sigh*
    Totally the same, but I must admit it, what I hope for is "So that at least Maria comes back alive". Can you imagine her being jealous of Satoru all of a sudden, and Satoru looking for another boy again(). To tell you the truth no reall movie, cartoon or anything shocked me as the fact that Satoru ended up at some point in relationship with Shun(that was the turning point of this story in my opinion !!!), although later I realized I can't blame "him neither Saki" for developing feelings to their own gender, why their gens were literally "tampered" from birth, after all.

Quote Quote:
    I'm excited about the next eps though, since they will be 26!
    Haaa, if only there would be another season...

Let me clarify something, you are not the only one who hardly anticipates the next episode...

Quote Quote:
    The preview looks promising. Satoru grows to be a gorgeous man. Saki is beautiful too.
    A man is a man for me, so I see no change for Satoru, he should still be strong, clever and friendly. So unless he starts disregarding other people's opinion what is annoying to me, than I'm OK with it. On the other hand what I'm really looking forward to, am excited and definitly want to see is Saki's new sexy body...

I hope next episode comes out "pronto" !!!

Quote Quote:
    There will be 12 years time skip so I wonder what will happen and why the time skip occurs.
    Just my gut feeling, but something tells me queerats would use/kill either Maria or Mamoru, and with that a disaster would be coming upon humans once again. The time skip might be because queerats have been prepering their plan all this time. Queerats looked really suspicious to me, right from the very begining, what about you ???
    Last edited by Monsterguy; January 22, 2013 at 09:08 PM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    Of course I watch this series even now, and it's still among the best one's out there for me. Although I must admit I'm fairly lazy to post sometimes...
    Well yeah.. I am lazy to post sometimes too...

Don't you mean Saki being more suspicious ???
    I find her much more doubtfull to what queerats might be capable off, and that Saturo is just taking everything(that Saki is worried about) into consideration.
    Besides, I see Saturo more like a guy who lost someone dear to him(Shun), and at the same time Saki like that as well(Maria), so it's no wonder to me that they both ended up becoming a couple.
    No, I do mean Satoru, since Saki still has doubts about whether the queerats are trying to do something harmful... She thinks a little too highly of the queerats, I think.
    Actually since the first time, aside from Saki and Shun as a possible couple (that seems obvious due to Saki's behavior around Shun) I can Saki and Satoru together, since in their childhood, they often fought (and notice that Satoru only picked fight with Saki). But then, things happened. *shrug*

Yeah, you don't have to tell me. Anway let me tell you how my pairings looked like, you won't believe it, but nothing came out as I thought:
    • my first paring would look like this: Maria x Saturo, coz to me it looked like Maria had fun looking at Saki interacting with Saturo
    • my second paring was at that time due to seducing eyes from both parties: Saki x Shun
    • Mamoru at first to me looked like a guy, who would in the future become a player (admired by all the girls, but only had fun with them...)

Now it's like the world is crumbling (as the title says: "From the new World") and my every plan for paring, I first created, has gotten instead "splashed down the river"...

Still, due to unexpected circumstances that happened to all of our main characters, I can not blame them...
    Haha. I get my pairings right though it's quite different from my expectations. I expected Saki with Shun or Satoru and Maria with Mamoru. I ship Saki with Shun the most but yeah, that boat has sunk tragically. I expected Satoru to have feelings for Saki (which he may or may not have since when they were teenager, it seemed he only had eyes for Shun) but I guess even if they get together in the end, it's just because they're the ones who were left. *disappointed*

Wow, it never occored to me, you might be right. Nonetheless, my first impression was that this was Saki's subconsciousness or her evil self, maybe even karma demon or something created by queerats with the knowledge of the same thing like minoshiro before, but Shun definitly did not come to my mind...
    I think of that because the boy has black hair and wearing their school uniform. Not to mention that Shun did turn into a karma demon, and after his death, he often appears in her subconsciousness.

I didn't notice this when I first saw the trailer but don't worry you didn't spoil me, I noticed it from comments on other forums soon after I finished watching currently the last episode out. At first, I was: "Is this for reall now ???", but with a time skip like that again, it is to be expected.
    I was shocked more because of them sleeping together at their age. It is definitely something unusual and bad regarding to my culture; therefore, the surprise.

Totally the same, but I must admit it, what I hope for is "So that at least Maria comes back alive". Can you imagine her being jealous of Satoru all of a sudden, and Satoru looking for another boy again(). To tell you the truth no reall movie, cartoon or anything shocked me as the fact that Satoru ended up at some point in relationship with Shun(that was the turning point of this story in my opinion !!!), although later I realized I can't blame "him neither Saki" for developing feelings to their own gender, why their gens were literally "tampered" from birth, after all.
    Well yeah. That eps that reveals the ShunXSatoru and SakiXMaria pairings did cause a huge uproar in the fandom. A big shock since we expected something totally different, and that their behaviors are rightly justified.

A man is a man for me, so I see no change for Satoru, he should still be strong, clever and friendly. So unless he starts disregarding other people's opinion what is annoying to me, than I'm OK with it. On the other hand what I'm really looking forward to, am excited and definitly want to see is Saki's new sexy body...
    Ah, actually I just like how Satoru looked as an adult. His hair is longer, almost similar to Shun's style of hair. Shun was still the most handsome IMO though, if only I can see him as an adult...

Just my gut feeling, but something tells me queerats would use/kill either Maria or Mamoru, and with that a disaster would be coming upon humans once again. The time skip might be because queerats have been prepering their plan all this time. Queerats looked really suspicious to me, right from the very begining, what about you ???
    Since I know the spoiler,
    Spoiler show

Though I still don't know how things get to that point, but I do agree that it might have something to do with the queerats.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy
    I was shocked more because of them sleeping together at their age. It is definitely something unusual and bad regarding to my culture; therefore, the surprise.
    I feel like being stupid and blind - myself. There was a little misunderstanding from my part here, sorry...

Let me explain myself:
    Last week I have only read in coments on other forums "about Saki and Satoru having sex". What leaded me to believe it was something foreshadowed in the trailer telling us Saki and Satoru would have sex when older(when Saki turns 26 years old), and that it will happen in episode 17. It stroke me only this episode when I realized(at the end of ep 17), that in ep 16 when Saki and Satoru had gone sleeping they "might" have had sex...

At first I really didn't believe it and was confused(when ???; how ???), and thought I simply missed that scene, why all I believed was that Saki and Satoru have at the end of episode 16 "normaly" gone to sleep. But there is only "one little and really small hint" which indicates about Saki and Satoru "might" having sex. Today when I have re-watched that last part of episode 16 once again, I have noticed that this small hint is "Saki's left shoulder" that is first wraped in "pink collar of her clothes", but later only covered by a blanket and naked below(no bra string)...

Well, because of that I also missuderstood you "yukihime03" at the end, and thought your country must be harsh not allowing to have kids even when 26 years old, like Saki...

PS: On a side note let me also point out that for a while temperamental Saki(already as all grown up) looked to me incredibly cute/sexy from 2.00 minutes and up to 2.20 minutes...

About ep 18 trailer, I would like to ask anyone here to perhaps spoil me a little, if possibile. I'm really interested and want to know if either Mamoru and/or Maria helped to anialate Giant Hornet colony. Additionally, I also want to know if supreme commander Kuroumaru was really killed or was he perhaps able to survive somehow, why he was my favorite queerat / beast like character untill now.

Of course now I also have many, many more questions about how everything will go on, but I don't want to be spoiled to much...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; January 27, 2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast