Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Anime Mirai (2013)

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Anime Mirai (2013)

Anime Mirai (2013)

Titles: Death Billiards, Little Witch Academia, Arve Rezzle, Ryo
    Episodes: 1 (for each series)
    Aired: March 2, 2013
    Producers: Madhouse, Studio Trigger, Zexcs, Gonzo
    Genres: Game, Psychological (Death Billiards), Comedy, Fantasy (Little Witch Academia), Mystery, Sci-Fi (Arve Rezzle), Comedy (Ryo)

Synopsis:

Little Witch Academia is one of the four anime works that each received 38 million yen (about US$480,000) from the "2012 Young Animator Training Project." Just like in 2010 and 2011, the animation labor group received 214.5 million yen (US$2.65 million) from the Japanese government's Agency for Cultural Affairs, and it distributed most of those funds to studios who train young animators on-the-job.

Comment:

So far I've watched Arve Rezzle and Death Billiards. The first was rather average, with an unusual artstyle and an okay story. The episode probably would make better for a whole series, as the mystery couldn't possibly get solved/resolved in one episode and thus it's more of an okay introduction than a satisfying one episode special.

Death Billiards on the other hand was really impressive. A interesting story, really good animation and likeable + interesting characters. It succeeds were Arve Rezzle failed - to make one enjoyable episode, with a satisfying and conclusive ending and still maintaining some of it's mystery. Definitely Madhouse in all it's glory.

I don't think Ryo is subbed yet so I will watch Little Witch Academia next~

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anime Mirai (2013)

I've so far watched Little Witch Academia, which was fantastic. It reminded me of classic Gainax, not surprising because Trigger is almost entirely made up of old Gainax staff. A funny show, with lots of action, and memorable, slightly wacky characters. The animation was superb, and storytelling top notch, everything fit within a single episode. I have Death Billiards downloaded, and will watch before work this afternoon. Arve Rezzle I will wait on. The version up on Nya does not look promising, made from a low res broadcast version. I can wait until GG releases subs of the BD version.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had much free time to watch anime lately but I'm really interested in Little Witch Academic and Death Billiards.

I'm crushed that Death Billiards will probably never become an actual show though.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I've watched Little Witch Academia too now. Art and stylewise it's probably the best from the different works, it was really well done. I prefer Death Billiard's story though, it touched me a lot more than Witch Academia (even though the story was in no way bad either). Both were brilliant works, it's great to see what inexperienced animators can come up with.

New Reply