Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shinsekai yori (From the new World)

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinsekai yori (From the new World)

Shinsekai yori

Title: Shinsekai yori (From the new World)
    Episodes: 25
    Aired: September 28,2012 to ??
    Producers: A-1 Pictures
    Genres: Supernatural
    Based on a Novel: Shinsekai yori

Summary:

About one thousand years into the future, civilization has been retrograded and humans are living dispersed within small communities. People in this era have a psychic power called "Juryoku" which materializes things they imagine. In the absence of advanced scientific technology, people are using this power as a major source of energy.

One day, a girl called Saki, along with her friends, finds a small archive robot outside the town. It records the ancient history of humans. It tells them that Juryoku was found in the 21st century and the discovery caused a world war between psychics and non-psychics. The psychics won this war and thus their reign of terror began.

Comment:

I can't find the first episode but it looks like it will come out today. Really looking forward to this because
    • Premise sounds interesting
    • It's by A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Anohana, etc.)
    • Nearly every adaption of japanese novels I've watched turned out to be pretty damn good.

Curious to see how this one will fare
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; September 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shinsekai yori (From the new World)

I found the raw of episode 1 if you want to check it (episode online): http://www.gogoanime.com/shinsekai-yori-episode-1

It'll be subbed soon in English.
    Last edited by Lomahongva; September 28, 2012 at 03:58 PM.

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone watch the first episode? Quite interesting, seems like this will be a mystery/horror show.

Humans controlling gravity is nothing we haven't seen but I really enjoy the premise and the background. Good mystery/horror shows are really rare but I feel like this one will be really good

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I only could watch part of the first episode but yes, it seems to be a horror/mistery anime.

Spoiler show

Waiting for the next.

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Adaptation of novels again? That seems to be the trend at Japan with their anime nowadays. Not that I am complaining; for people like me who find reading novels a bit too time-consuming compared to watching anime, it is a great solution. The real challenge would be to present the plot, since novels usually are more descriptive.

The summary is a bit strange for me so far, but somehow I'm interested. I guess I'll check it out when it's subbed.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    The summary is a bit strange for me so far, but somehow I'm interested. I guess I'll check it out when it's subbed.
    It's subbed and available online since last sunday, phio-chan. Check any site. I hope you enjoy it.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That was an okayish 2nd episode for me, not much happened. That little game was interesting and you clearly see that something fishy is going on but a lot is still up in the air. It's still pretty creepy and I really enjoy this dark mystery mix

I liked the concept of the rat-like creatures too, I already feel sorry for them

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This anime is really interesting but really confusing. I don't really get most of the stuff going on other than what the kids are up to, it'll probably all come together and make sense later. It has a cool mystery feeling behind it so I'll keep watching.

The village they live in seems really fucked up to me, they get rid of people who don't have powers, and if anyone messes up they are exiled. Idk, it kind of reminds me of"The Giver", but of course totally different.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    That was an okayish 2nd episode for me, not much happened. That little game was interesting and you clearly see that something fishy is going on but a lot is still up in the air. It's still pretty creepy and I really enjoy this dark mystery mix

I liked the concept of the rat-like creatures too, I already feel sorry for them
    We are the exact opposite lately? I found this series too heavy for me to continue so I dropped it.

I don't know... I didn't get this feeling of excited or waiting to want to get to know more. After the two episodes, I just sat here without any different feelings. I read the summary, it was interesting, but wasn't enough to keep me watching and waiting unfortunately.

Well, let me know if it turns out to be awesome. I'll try it again.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Limit View Post
    This anime is really interesting but really confusing. I don't really get most of the stuff going on other than what the kids are up to, it'll probably all come together and make sense later. It has a cool mystery feeling behind it so I'll keep watching.
    Yeah these glimpses from the past are pretty confusing because we don't have a clue as to what happened thousand years ago (until now). I get the feeling the next episode will give us some answers though, this fake/evil moshiro(?) probably has a lot of juicy information stored. At least I hope so.

And I feel like this is one of the anime that will get better and better, kind of like Durarara/Baccano where everything is starting to make sense when it gets to the later parts

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    We are the exact opposite lately? I found this series too heavy for me to continue so I dropped it.

I don't know... I didn't get this feeling of excited or waiting to want to get to know more. After the two episodes, I just sat here without any different feelings. I read the summary, it was interesting, but wasn't enough to keep me watching and waiting unfortunately.

Well, let me know if it turns out to be awesome. I'll try it again.
    Not totally, you are enjoying Kaibutsu-kun as much as I am guess it's just a personal thing, I will tell you if it turns out to be awesome/epic/great~

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is on the fence about Shinsekai, watch through episode four before making a decision. The world building ends half way through episode three, the plot proper is introduced during episode four. Shinsekai is developing into a really good series, I'm looking forward to episode five.

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner foxinthestars's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I actually liked the first two episodes (I like worldbuilding, and I liked the tension of an innocent slice-of-life overlaid on the dystopian dread), but after #4 I'm on the edge of my seat to see what's going to happen next. So far it's my favorite show this season.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Shinsekai yori (From the new World)

Episode one was good, episode two was a bit of a let down. I agree that it was necessary, considering subsequent events their happy school life needed to be shown. Showing the student use PK to cheat, and his removal from school, was also important. A slightly boring episode nevertheless, though still watchable. I'm also dying to see episode five. I want to see what the consequences are for accessing the archive.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Ed of the season hands down, Its just amazing.
    I felt a bit let down on ep3 but ep4 really made me addicted to the series again ^^
    Idk if its only for me, but I smell a really sad ending comming to this anime =\

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner foxinthestars's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After 4, I was disappointed with ep5. The art was "off" (too subtly to be intentional like some of the history scenes), and it felt like it was just unceremoniously throwing stuff at me. It might be late to complain about this show introducing threats you don't fully understand, but it felt different... I'll wait and see how it goes from here.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast