Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Shinsekai yori (From the new World)

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shinsekai yori (From the new World)

Oh I see.. So you don't actually notice that at the end of ep 16, they are both naked... I don't know why I pay attention to that little detail. I can always see when someone's shoulder is bare. Of course I won't be shocked if they're 26, though sex before marriage is still frowned upon here...

I wonder in ep 17 what does Saki mean when she says she and Satoru fell out because of something petty... Are they official now? At first, they look distant to each other which gives me the impression that they rarely meet but then as they talk more, it seems it's not the case...

I really hate Yakomaru... He really is cunning though he is still no match for the humans...

I like Kiroumaru too.. He's that kind of character who will make you respect him.

I'm looking for spoilers and I find this that I think will answer your question: spoiler
    But beware though, it's quite a big spoiler.
    Even the new ending says something about Maria having a part in this.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Oh I see.. So you don't actually notice that at the end of ep 16, they are both naked... I don't know why I pay attention to that little detail. I can always see when someone's shoulder is bare. Of course I won't be shocked if they're 26, though sex before marriage is still frowned upon here...
    Oh I see. My country is in my opinion still less strict concerning those facts. To tell you a few examples:
    • my father's cousin already has a daughter with some woman (both father's cousin and his woman are around 30 years old), and despite the fact that my father cousin's woman owns one LARGE company (they are quite rich) strangely both parties decided NOT to get married at all (my father's cousin is just a normal guy regularly employed and with no debts at all, even though he helped his parents to build a brand new BIG house 2 years ago, where he could live if he would get dumped by his woman, why his sister got married to another house and already has 2 children, one boy and one girl).
    • second there is also my male cousin(25) after my mother's side, who had a son this year with a random girl(23), but they are also not married despite being otherwise both regularly employed and getting quite high payments

So what I was trying to say with this was that having sex before marriage is not a big deal in my country. Nevertheless our familys(short circled one's and more distant) are still really close and in my case all in extreamly good relationship with one another.

Quote Quote:
    I wonder in ep 17 what does Saki mean when she says she and Satoru fell out because of something petty... Are they official now? At first, they look distant to each other which gives me the impression that they rarely meet but then as they talk more, it seems it's not the case...
    Can you direct me more specifically, perhaps pointing out which clip you meant from the video (minutes and seconds) ???

Now even I started to be interested into this fact as well...

Quote Quote:
    I really hate Yakomaru... He really is cunning though he is still no match for the humans...

I like Kiroumaru too.. He's that kind of character who will make you respect him.
    Hehehe, we share the same thoughts here...

Quote Quote:
    I'm looking for spoilers and I find this that I think will answer your question: spoiler
    But beware though, it's quite a big spoiler.
    Even the new ending says something about Maria having a part in this.
    OMG, OMG, it's not your fault but mine. Still, I can only say "WOW", because while I got tempted and read 2 posts above what you directed me too, I became speechless.

This is simply incredible, what you showed me is not really a spoiler to me at all. It's more like logical assumption / talk, but what I think could be described as a BIG, BIG spoiler is

Spoiler: BE AWARE A BIG SPOILER !!! show

I stopped looking at other posts and spoilers after finding this, why this is what I was looking for, and wanted to know, many many thanks yukihime03 !!!

PS: Emm, "yukihime03" can I call you "yuki" please ??? It kind of sounds better to me and is in my opinion easier to memorize.
    Last edited by Monsterguy; January 27, 2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: spelling, adding PS,...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    Can you direct me more specifically, perhaps pointing out which clip you meant from the video (minutes and seconds) ???

Now even I started to be interested into this fact as well...
    She said it in 05:58.
    Now that there's a new eps, I think they do get together... They go to the festival together after all... But they seem more like best friends than a couple...

OMG, OMG, it's not your fault but mine. Still, I can only say "WOW", because while I got tempted and read 2 posts above what you directed me too, I became speechless.

This is simply incredible, what you showed me is not really a spoiler to me at all. It's more like logical assumption / talk, but what I think could be described as a BIG, BIG spoiler is

Spoiler: BE AWARE A BIG SPOILER !!! show

I stopped looking at other posts and spoilers after finding this, why this is what I was looking for, and wanted to know, many many thanks yukihime03 !!!
    I actually read it until the last post. But thankfully, it's not that big of a spoiler since it's not detailed how things become that way...

You're welcome!

PS: Emm, "yukihime03" can I call you "yuki" please ??? It kind of sounds better to me and is in my opinion easier to memorize.
    P.S.: Of course. The others have called me yuki since a long time ago.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Oh, and I have to say that the new eps is awesome... Finally the humans start to suspect Yakoumaru and his colony, and get closer in finding out about the annihilation of Giant Hornet's colony... I'm worried about Kiroumaru though.. Hope he's okay.
    The greatest part is the action though... We finally get to see some serious battle with the strongest Cantus users! We also get to see Shisei's real face... His eyes are queer, they have two pupils. I wonder if it's the effect of his Cantus.
    And I'm getting more annoyed by the great number of Maria's "appearances" (even though we get a glimpse of her adult appearance). Is this because Saki is still haunted by Maria's "ghost"? Or, is this a premonition for what's going to happen? But why Maria?

I can feel that we're reaching the climax... Somehow the atmosphere of the story has gotten mote intense.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

wut, 18 episodes in and I'm still mindfucked as ever.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

do you think Shisei's theory that Maria and Mamoru were being used by the Robber Fly Colony like Saki and Satoru in their school days?

is the LN already completed, btw?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinsekai is not a light novel series. It is a regular science fiction novel, marketed towards teens, but over 900 pages long, with no pictures. There is only single novel, published in 2008. To the best of my knowledge there has not been a sequel.

Yes, I do believe Mamoru and Maria are being used by the Robber Fly colony, especially after watching episode 19. The difference is that it would seem they have turned into fiends. I suspect Mamoru was the one who slaughtered everyone in the hospital, and is now headed back to town.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Your best Friend 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Yes, I do believe Mamoru and Maria are being used by the Robber Fly colony, especially after watching episode 19. The difference is that it would seem they have turned into fiends. I suspect Mamoru was the one who slaughtered everyone in the hospital, and is now headed back to town.
    Mamoru turning into a fiend doesn't seem unlikely, though I wouldn't expect the same from Maria. In any case, neither appeared to have violent thoughts from what we've seen, it's only Mamoru being rather unstable. With Maria on his side, he should stay stable though, which leads me to the thought that something extreme must have happened. From Umiko's flashback, it appeared that the boy who became a fiend had a harsh life so my guess is it's a mix of disposition and your surroundings/the events you go through.
    Another theory is that the fiends become intoxicated by the endorphins in their brains, which implies it being some kind of sickness. It's a possibility but unlikely to happen to both.

My guess is that Mamoru is indeed a fiend, that much was heavily implied. I don't think Maria is though because of two reasons.
    First her personality traits don't really fit and second, how should Yakomaru (Squealer) be able to control them both if they're fiends. We've seen that fiends loose near to all reason, attacking and slaughtering randomly because of either lust or fear. I believe Maria is still stable and is the sole factor that controls Mamoru. He always loved her and she took care of him, so if there's anyone who he might listen to, even as a fiend, it's her.

Maria probably is the brain behind all this, together with Yakomaru. She was shown to be displeased with the human's society so I think it's highly likely that she's working together with the Queerats to annihilate this system. Hard to say what lead her to use such drastic means but I wouldn't be surprised if Yakomaru has something to do with this again, as he knew Maria and Mamoru are out there.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; February 09, 2013 at 01:57 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same opinion as Kaiten. At this point my bets are on Mamoru being that fiend. Since Shun sealed himself, i don't think he will be back, thought we never know. Anyway this anime has been rather enjoyable of following. Apart from it currently i only follow Jojo, but i think it wouldn't be too far fetched to say Shinsekai is prolly one of best anime currently airing, right?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Shun was different. He was a karma demon, not a fiend. He couldn't be behind this. The village elders sent a cat after Mamoru because they believed he had the potential to turn into a fiend. I don't think Maria could mastermind these attacks without becoming a fiend herself. Fiends are cantus users who turn violent due to fear, anger, or insecurity. Masterminding such violent attacks, against enemy Queer Rat colonies and the village, would have turned Maria into a fiend, if she was not one already.

I like Shinsekai, but do not think it is the best currently airing show. Psycho-Pass is significantly better. From the fall season I also preferred Chuu2, though that ended in December. Psycho-Pass and Tamako Market are my favorite currently airing anime, along with the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 OVA's.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Shun was different. He was a karma demon, not a fiend. He couldn't be behind this. The village elders sent a cat after Mamoru because they believed he had the potential to turn into a fiend. I don't think Maria could mastermind these attacks without becoming a fiend herself. Fiends are cantus users who turn violent due to fear, anger, or insecurity. Masterminding such violent attacks, against enemy Queer Rat colonies and the village, would have turned Maria into a fiend, if she was not one already.
    It was never stated what exactly makes you into a fiend, just that kids with violent thoughts are most likely to turn into one. Would they know the exact reasons behind this transformation/sickness/extreme change in behaviour they wouldn't kill every kid that has a tendency to turn into a fiend. They've created some kind of paranoiac system where everyone who shows signs of negative thoughts gets slaughtered. That's the paranoid fear of the elders though, it's not like all who show/have negative thoughts become a fiend.
    Even back then, when nothing was done against the possible arrival of a fiend, it was said to be an extremely rare case (Umiko mentioned around 30 known cases). Now I'm sure there were tons of kids with negative thoughts out there but didn't turn into fiends so I don't think that Maria has to turn into one when she's planning something not accepted by society (killing). Heck she could have planned it from afar, being completely calm about it and letting Mamoru do all the dirty work.

Now I'm not saying that my theory has to be correct but I think it's way more likely that one of them is no fiend, as I can't see a way how Yakomaru should possibly be able to control both Mamoru and Maria. I'm just using the information we got though, maybe there's more to a fiend we don't know yet or there are different kinds but there's just no way a Queerat who neither Mamoru nor Maria have a positive emotional connection with could control them if they are similar to the other cases we were told about so far.
    After seeing Umiko's flashback, I'm pretty sure that fiends have lost most or all of their sanity and thus can't be controlled. Maybe if they have a very strong bond to someone, but's that's all I can imagine.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I just checked Shinsekai Yori at MyAnimeList ... and the rate is 7.63. Don't think it deserves less than a 8!

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not easy to know the truth behind the fiend... but revealing anything will be spoiler.

Finally in the latest chapter, they find out that the queerats are so sure in winning because of a fiend. It must have been a traumatic experience.
    I wonder how can they fight this fiend... as I know it, no one can kill the fiend unless the fiend him/herself. But I don't think this fiend wants to die.
    I love how they keep building the suspense with each episode.. that last part is really suspenseful, but since in the preview Saki looks fine, I suppose they're safe.

I just realized something, btw. I was annoyed by the fact that Maria keeps appearing in front of Saki, but what if this is a sign that Maria is dead? Shun also appears several times in front of Saki after he died... This kind of appearance usually means that there is something they're trying to tell to Saki... Something like a portent.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

HOLY SHIT I JUST WATCHED THE LATEST EPISODE AND IT SCARED THE SHITS OUT OF ME!!!

this anime has been a consistent mindfuck through and through, but this episode is by far the scariest one! Tonally different- all episodes were creepy and weird, but this one was just horror level.

Maybe Maria died and that's what drove Mamoru nuts- but Yakumaru somehow deceived him that they have her or something like that- which is how he is able to manipulate (not control, but manipulate might be the word) Mamoru?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

....so from the preview it looks like we will have a karma demon too, most likely Maria as I doubt Shun will come back

The showdown is quite intense, looks like the humans really are on the brink of loosing. Yakomaru planned this really well but I wonder if Maria and Mamoru are really a part of his plan.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    The showdown is quite intense, looks like the humans really are on the brink of loosing. Yakomaru planned this really well but I wonder if Maria and Mamoru are really a part of his plan.
    Oh, they are.. they are. Just maybe not in the way you think. There is no doubt that Maria and Mamoru are part of the plan, or Saki wouldn't be having all that visions. The question I want to ask here is how can they think of a plan like this... Queerats don't seem to be as capable as human in thinking, yet Yakomaru can conceive this cunning of a plan. Is it because their brains have evolved? Or they actually have the capability since long ago but not the courage?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Oh, they are.. they are. Just maybe not in the way you think. There is no doubt that Maria and Mamoru are part of the plan, or Saki wouldn't be having all that visions. The question I want to ask here is how can they think of a plan like this... Queerats don't seem to be as capable as human in thinking, yet Yakomaru can conceive this cunning of a plan. Is it because their brains have evolved? Or they actually have the capability since long ago but not the courage?
    Well that they will play a role is obvious, I meant if they're part of Yakomaru's plans. It's likely but I still wonder how he's able to control them... or they control him.

And I guess that's simply the same way humans evolved? The Queerats evolved quite a bit over time and just like with humans, there always are individuals who're ahead of the rest. Often a smart leader is enough to bring out everyone's best capabilities. Courage probably plays a role too, as they saw/see the humans as gods but obviously, if you start to realize you're capable of similar feats (despite the cantus) you will loose that feeling of respect and fear more and more and see yourself as equals who want the same rights/power.

So I think it's the evolution that lead them to find the courage. I mean Yakomaru was able to outwit the "gods" even before the war started so it's natural that he's getting more cocky and confident

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast