Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Shinsekai yori (From the new World)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shinsekai yori (From the new World)

just started this but is it me or animation changed in eo5?

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

omg it went yaoi out of nowhere

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

just continue, lawlett-kun... it gets better after that, trust me.

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

yes i got to that part. it was just very susprising/

---------- Post added March 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was March 21, 2013 at 11:02 PM ----------

So Guys is there a difference between a fiend and karma demon? That part was never clear to me

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    So Guys is there a difference between a fiend and karma demon? That part was never clear to me
    The difference is that fiends loose their death feedback, meaning they can just kill every human. They usually seem to loose most sense of reason too and slaughter everyone.

A Karma Demon unintentionally has a Cantus leakage he has no influence upon. Meaning no matter if he wants to or not, the Cantus leaking out of his body changes everything around him, leading to death or some kind of mutation. Karma Demons have absolutely no control over their Cantus leakage but besides that they can be your average nice guy.

Hope it's clear now

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

waaaaa so it's all over now.

the parallelism with humans and discrimination of your own kind was very well played. I had that feeling ever since Squealer started calling himself another shogun or something like that. When they expressed that they were intelligent beings, or that they should never be treated like slaves, rang very true like any other story of human oppression in our real-life history. fucking awesome.

I wished more of an elaborate epilogue though, like, more details, just to satiate a long hard series worth of mystery. It was refreshing to see positivity again after such a long time- so when that was left to maybe three minutes out of the entire episode, I was a bit downhearted.

But, still, this series gets my praise. Very smart and gripping. genius.

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    The difference is that fiends loose their death feedback, meaning they can just kill every human. They usually seem to loose most sense of reason too and slaughter everyone.

A Karma Demon unintentionally has a Cantus leakage he has no influence upon. Meaning no matter if he wants to or not, the Cantus leaking out of his body changes everything around him, leading to death or some kind of mutation. Karma Demons have absolutely no control over their Cantus leakage but besides that they can be your average nice guy.

Hope it's clear now
    oh i get it so karma demon is like some uncurable disese pretty much. I am going to miss the show. Watched it in 24 hours

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Good God, the last eps!

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I guess about them evolving makes sense. Especially seeing that in the newest eps, there is a never-before-seen creature that doesn't look like squid but spews out black tint. It's just that the way the queerats can think like human makes me think that maybe they were human... The thing with them ready to sacrifice themselves for their cause sounds a lot like terrorists' way of thinking...
    I DID NOT KNOW HOW RIGHT THE PAST ME WAS.

My first reaction to the eps was NO! since Kiroumaru died. Then, it was all a mess.
    The fact that queerats were humans made me feel really conflicted. I do think that despite his crimes, Squealer does not deserve that punishment. No one deserves that kind of punishment. It's just too cruel. I'm glad Saki ends his suffering.
    Oh, and they finally remember Shun. I know he can't live again, but at least he lives on through his friends' memories. It would be a very lonely ending for Shun if no one can remember him.
    I cannot say I'm satisfied with this series overall... The ending is happy, but it just leaves me with the question "Is that all?"
    They live happily ever after. There. Done. Finished. So?
    Somehow I'm not satisfied. It's as if some important questions were left unanswered. But well, at least I can say that this series is great since it pushes us to think philosophically and psychologically about society and humanity. It is successful in this part, but plot-wise, well.. *shrug*.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe not plot-wise... more on the wrapping up of things. But I don't know if there's more material to a last episode than what was shown in the novel.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I was kind of hoping to see Saki become the new chief. I mean that way she could've done a lot more rather than just hope that the people of the future will be better than those of the past. Nevertheless the final episode was a great ending to a great series. I feel sorry for those that missed out on such a great show just because the protagonists were children for quite a few episodes, and also due to the teenage homosexuality.

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6