Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Psycho-Pass (Re-Edit Discussion)

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Psycho-Pass

It seems as though the world building is done, and the plot is beginning to fall into place. I'm also really intrigued by Shogo, his relationship with Kogami, what he is planning, and why he is targeting prominent online figures. I really enjoyed this episode, the world of Psycho-Pass is really interesting. I'm really looking forward to episode five.

The murder scene was pretty gruesome, well executed though. It's nice to see an anime unafraid to appeal to an adult audience, most series these days seem to shy away from mature content.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoilers for PP episode 5.
    Spoiler show

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Not truly unrelated, but...

Perhaps you've known or read about it, but the full version of P-P's first ED, "Namae no Nai Kaibutsu", by EGOIST (actually voiced by chelly of supercell, I believe), will be out on December 5th, 2012.

(I forget where I read it from, but it's true. Just Google it. )

I'm loving the ED more than the OP (*winks to Dorakun) so I'm looking forward to it so much.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, episode 5 was pretty good! Loved how Kougami was able to pinpoint the culprit and how the final moments of the maniac were executed. The probable main villain appears interesting too, probably too early to judge at this point though.
    Interesting touch on the internet society too, a pretty recent topic for our generation.

And ofc the cliffhanger

Spoiler show

Really looking forward to the next episode~

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5 is so awesommmeeeeehhhh~ I really like how the team worked despite some of them having difficulties with each other. Again, Kogami shines like no one else. I hoped we would also see others specialty, especially that orange-haired boy and the female on Gino's team (I forgot their names, lol) since it won't be fun if Kogami takes all the credits, haha~

The twist at the end definitely made me o__O. That explains part of his self when talking Akane. I can't wait to see more of this story.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Kogamiiiiii *fangasm*

P-P is getting better every week . This episode is more proper to be called as the Anime version of CSI compared to the 3rd episode. I knew it, Kogami seems to be the brightest among the enforcers, followed by Masaoka, so it's reasonable if he was an inspector. Too bad Kogami wasn't the one who finished the criminal though, but maybe other enforcers should be given credit too once in a while. I agree with Niichan, I really like the theme, about internet idols and stuff, something which can be seen nowadays.

and a shoutout to Shuuji Terayama is just

a little spoiler for EP 6 :

Spoiler show

I also found on some sites saying that according to Kogami's file provided by Ginoza, he's qualified teacher and has an ability to read exotic languages and speed reading. I cannot confirm the accuracy of this info since the Japanese words are too small to be seen by me.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Crappy internet connection suddenly doesn't allow me to browse 2ch for some reasons, but luckily I found it somewhere else. Here is a spoiler from 2ch's Western counterpart about episode 6:

Spoiler show

Here's a better and complete version of Shinya Kogami's profile, as shown in EP 5.

Name: Kogami Shinya
    Affiliation: Public Safety Bureau Criminal Investigation Department
    Class: Latent Criminal
    Date of Birth: August 16th, 2084
    Height: 182 cm
    Blood Type: B
    Physical Condition: Healthy
    Current Residence: Central Tokyo Prefecture, Chiyoda Ward, XX2(City District is unreadable)-1-B
    Emergency Contact Address (probably his parents' house): Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokohama (city), Midori Ward, 5-21-B

Education:
    March 2100-Graduated Kanagawa East High School
    April 2100-Enrolled in higher education courses in the Department of Social Sciences
    March 2104-Graduated from Department of Social Sciences

Resume:
    April 2104-Begins career training for MHWPSB
    September 2104-Last week of career training
    October 2104-Assigned to CID's Unit 1 as an Inspector
    February 2110-PSYCHO-PASS deteriorates over the course of a week
    April 2110-Re-assigned to CID's Unit 1 as an Enforcer

Licenses/Qualifications:
    Licensed for motorcycles, regular vehicles, and oversized vehicles
    Qualified to teach social sciences at the college/university level
    High qualifications in speed reading and archaic language

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Also found trivial things about PP's world from the same message boards:

Sibyl is involved with dating/choosing marriage partners (like online dating)
    There is no such thing as Christmas or New Years in PP
    Shuusei is older than Akane and is not her type
    Shogo appears with (or references) a different book every time, perhaps it is possible to understand his thoughts from the books he is reading
    Kogami is pretty good/popular with women
    Sybil told Shogo that he's an asexual or gay (it said for him to give up on trying to date anyone of the opposite sex)
    Ginoza is pretty bad at dating (it is his weakness)
    Shuusei's preference is hot onee-san type characters
    Masaoka is weak to crying girls
    Last edited by Doraku; November 10, 2012 at 05:41 AM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Not reading the spoiler... Not reading the spoiler.... It's okay... It's okay......

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Here's a better and complete version of Shinya Kogami's profile, as shown in EP 5.

Name: Kogami Shinya
    Affiliation: Public Safety Bureau Criminal Investigation Department
    Class: Latent Criminal
    Date of Birth: August 16th, 2084
    Height: 182 cm
    Blood Type: B
    Physical Condition: Healthy
    Current Residence: Central Tokyo Prefecture, Chiyoda Ward, XX2(City District is unreadable)-1-B
    Emergency Contact Address (probably his parents' house): Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokohama (city), Midori Ward, 5-21-B

Education:
    March 2100-Graduated Kanagawa East High School
    April 2100-Enrolled in higher education courses in the Department of Social Sciences
    March 2104-Graduated from Department of Social Sciences

Resume:
    April 2104-Begins career training for MHWPSB
    September 2104-Last week of career training
    October 2104-Assigned to CID's Unit 1 as an Inspector
    February 2110-PSYCHO-PASS deteriorates over the course of a week
    April 2110-Re-assigned to CID's Unit 1 as an Enforcer

Licenses/Qualifications:
    Licensed for motorcycles, regular vehicles, and oversized vehicles
    Qualified to teach social sciences at the college/university level
    High qualifications in speed reading and archaic language

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Also found trivial things about PP's world from the same message boards:

Sibyl is involved with dating/choosing marriage partners (like online dating)
    There is no such thing as Christmas or New Years in PP
    Shuusei is older than Akane and is not her type
    Shogo appears with (or references) a different book every time, perhaps it is possible to understand his thoughts from the books he is reading
    Kogami is pretty good/popular with women
    Sybil told Shogo that he's an asexual or gay (it said for him to give up on trying to date anyone of the opposite sex)
    Ginoza is pretty bad at dating (it is his weakness)
    Shuusei's preference is hot onee-san type characters
    Masaoka is weak to crying girls
    Oh, gaaawwwd. I'm starting to rrreeallllyyy like Kogami, he's so cool, lol. It kinda feels like he really wished to be a detective, given all his abilities are related to such field. So the big question is what exactly caused his detoriation, to be an Enforcer despite such traits.

And lovely facts there, LOL~ And of course Shuusei is not Akane's type. She must be with Kogami. #eh #ignoreme

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree, with each episode Psycho-Pass becomes more and more interesting, especially impressive considering how much of the plot is still a mystery. I expect the story to really explode over the next three or four episodes as Shouga's true goal and motives are revealed.

Doraku: To answer your question, I was not entirely surprised by episode five. Kogami's detective skills were well enough established that it only made sense he was a former investigator. A very good twist, and necessary for the plot. The story would make less sense otherwise. His fall from inspector to enforcer should be a good way to dramatize the inherent evil of Sybil. I was more surprised that he was Ginoza's former partner.

I'm curious about Shouga's intentions, why he was so interested in working with Mido to impersonate popular avatars? I think the key is answer to the riddle Masaoka asked Akane. Human's are social creatures, the purpose of most human technology is to aid in communication. As Akane pointed out about the online world, technology is neither good nor evil, but simply a tool. Good or evil is determined by the intentions of the user. That even describes Sybil, likely created as a tool to make social relations easier, but instead subverted as a tool used for social engineering. Mido seemed to have little sense of his own identity, collecting the avatars of internet idols in order to fill roles he desired, but could not create on his own. It is possible Shouga wanted to take advantage of Mido's ability to impersonate idols, using Online as a platform of subversion, a tool to whatever subversive end he had in mind.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Oh, gaaawwwd. I'm starting to rrreeallllyyy like Kogami, he's so cool, lol. It kinda feels like he really wished to be a detective, given all his abilities are related to such field. So the big question is what exactly caused his detoriation, to be an Enforcer despite such traits.
    Something I too am very interested in finding out. Based on the opening sequence of episode one, I guess Shouga was involved. Whatever happened, maybe the case became so personal and the stakes so high, that Kogami developed the ruthless personality evident in the first few episodes of the series. I really want to know the details of what happened.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh - how did I miss this thread xDD. I'm almost caught up the last epsiode - this series is really a jem so far.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

↑ I agree, Charlie. I was worried that Psycho-Pass would fail to meet its own expectations, but it's doing a pretty good job so far. As a huge fan of mysteries, I love the ways in which the team works together to figure out the culprit. Of course it's now evident that the series will move on to something beyond a case-by-case story line.

On a superficial note, the animation has been superb every week- I'm impressed!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    On a superficial note, the animation has been superb every week- I'm impressed!
    Production I.G. animation never disappoints. Their anime are always gorgeous looking.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

First I'm going to begin with ranting:

I love the literature references in this anime, but I'm afraid that the references is too much and now I feel this anime is somehow becoming pretentious and trying to be "smart" /endrant.

Episode 6 is good, and the most important thing is that finally we know about Kougami's pass and the reason why his Psycho-Pass became so cloudy. So Makishima Shogo is basically the Napoleon of Crime in the Psycho-Pass world, that's creepier than I thought, moreover, he's a teacher in the girls school. The murder scene is once again pretty gruesome, now I'm eagerly waiting for next week to watch how Kougami and co would solve this case. The pace is moving faster this time, so I hope Kougami confronts Shogo sooner (not at the end of this series, but this is a wishful thinking).

By the way, I didn't know that this Anime is loosely based on All the Troubles of the World by Isaac Asimov.

Spoiler: This drawing is as creepy as s%$t show

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Hey is it just me or the murder scene was intentionally made like that?

Spoiler: Bureau logo show

Spoiler: Murder Scene NSFW show
    Last edited by Doraku; November 16, 2012 at 08:54 AM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe that i just stumbled upon this amazing thread! What took me so long?! Anyways, I really love this anime, everything in it. I really like how exotic and twisted each case is, and I think the characters themselves are each amazing as well ^^ There was obviously a lot of effort put into the background settings, and each character, new and repeating, are diverse in their own ways. Psycho-Pass is literally what keeps me going every week, and i know this one will be a toughie, seeing how good last weeks episode was. Can't wait for a new P-P pwned

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    First I'm going to begin with ranting:

I love the literature references in this anime, but I'm afraid that the references is too much and now I feel this anime is somehow becoming pretentious and trying to be "smart" /endrant.

Episode 6 is good, and the most important thing is that finally we know about Kougami's pass and the reason why his Psycho-Pass became so cloudy. So Makishima Shogo is basically the Napoleon of Crime in the Psycho-Pass world, that's creepier than I thought, moreover, he's a teacher in the girls school. The murder scene is once again pretty gruesome, now I'm eagerly waiting for next week to watch how Kougami and co would solve this case. The pace is moving faster this time, so I hope Kougami confronts Shogo sooner (not at the end of this series, but this is a wishful thinking).

By the way, I didn't know that this Anime is loosely based on All the Troubles of the World by Isaac Asimov.
    You mean the Shakespeare references? I didn't mind to be honest, didn't feel like this made the show look more smart either though.

I like that the series remains dark and kinda nasty, that girl has me interested. I wonder though, she really would need a lot of help from Makishima to pull that off. For me it's the most interesting case until now and the first real sicko.
    And I'm really enjoying that the pace was faster this time, I feel like the confrontation between Kougami and Makishima will be sooner than we might expect (at least I hope so).

Do you know for sure that it's kind of based on that short story? I mean there obviously are similarities but you can probably find kind of similar stories to most new series/movies etc. nowadays.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    You mean the Shakespeare references? I didn't mind to be honest, didn't feel like this made the show look more smart either though.
    Well Shakespeare is only one example among many literature referenced in this Anime. I don't know, but the dialogues struck me as pretentious. I guess that's a very subjective point. I felt a little uncomfortable, but that's all, not something to be noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Do you know for sure that it's kind of based on that short story? I mean there obviously are similarities but you can probably find kind of similar stories to most new series/movies etc. nowadays.
    Some people notice that this series also similar to Minority Report, but I guess the reason why I believe that it's mainly based on that short story is the fact that there is also a character named Sibyl in it (but this is a flimsy argument, considering that Sibyl also refers to a woman prophet). If you skim the Wikis, you may notice that the story in some ways is similar too. Isaac Asimov's work is indeed a classic.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast