Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Psycho-Pass (Re-Edit Discussion)

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Psycho-Pass

Gritty Akane is always a nice thing to watch. What worries me the most is, however, that since Makishima arrived first before MPWSB and Kougami, I suspect that he would set a booby trap the factory beforehand. Such action is to be expected from him since he's alone this time - I hope nobody died again in the next episode though it's very unlikely.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Akane was badass this episode and the highlight for sure. She's really an amazing character and easily stand on the same level with Ko and Makishima.
    How fast she was able to grasp the situation and how quick she decided her next moves really impressed me.
    This episode further raised the question: Should the Sibyl System be destroyed or kept as it is?
    Akane decided in the end to keep the system, although she's not just going to be their pawn.

I noticed after watching this episode, Sibyl System is ironically behaving more like one human entity.
    How the system keeps saying that they have the "right" to decide everything and that they get to play god sounds more and more like a delusional psycho patient.
    It's like they are a justified group of tyrants.

Not to bring another anime/manga in, but I would say that the Sibyl System and the complete control of the lives of people is very similar to
    Naruto's Tsuki no Me (Eye of the Moon) if it were to succeed.
    And I know how shitty that plan sounds if it were to put into action.
    Nobody should have the right to decide the worth of a person's life without taking their will into account and even when you take their will
    to account, you don't really have a right either.
    Ugh, I can't wait for the next episode

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Wet eyes for episode 21. Blah, I'm weak. But that's a bit unexpected until the moment the three of them got caught and Makishima took something flashy. I wonder if there'll be more for the last episode...

Akane despised the system more than anything now, poor her. As Sibyl said she hated it but she knows the society can't live without it. She swallowed it all down. I think that's how she has been able to maintain her low PP (besides inner, genetic skill to keep it low like Makishima maybe) that she tends to analyze things from various aspects and ends up accepting it because it has plus and minus to its own. And she's actually a capable detective, though not yet in the same level as Kougami when it comes to Makishima, it seems, haha.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who thinks that we might get another season or a film of some sort? I can't imagine they're able to close all plot-strings in this one remaining episodes so they either have to leave a rather open ending or make some kind of sequel. My guess is the first, though I would love to see more from Psycho-Pass =/

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

A sequel would be awesome at this point, but I'm rather philosophical about the chances and they seem low to me. An open ending would be a more befitting end to this series, so, I don't think they will stray from its original path and push for a continuation.
    Plus, with Sibyl's inner mechanics and the sole way one can defeat the entire system is pretty much covered, I don't think a second season will bring anything that can avoid repetition in terms of story telling.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What was heartbreaking about Masaoka's death is that there was never any resolution to the broken relationship between him and Ginoza. It wasn't until the very last moment that Gionza finally acknowledged Masaoka as a father again; while on the other hand, the latter have always been there for his son. Part of the reason why Ginoza's PP kept getting clouded was because he never forgave his father. If he have just said, "I forgive you", I don't think he would have been as stressed as he is right now.

Was Makishima aware of the relationship between the two? If he was, then what he did was really cold blooded.

@Niichan: The ending will most likely be open ended - that is, the Sibyl System will still be in effect- so it's possible that there might be a second season. I'm still waiting for Yayoi's friend or the anti-Sibyl organization to make a reappearance. There's no point detailing a whole backstory on Yayoi without that aspect of that episode being important. This season (if we'll get another one) is probably to see what the reception is like before moving on to the next part. Now that Akane knows the truth, I don't think she will sit idly and let things continue the way they were even after Makishima is captured/killed.

Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Now the story ends.. a good finale, while some would argue that it feels anti-cathartic & anti-climatic, I still found the ending is incredibly good, and it didn't left me with unsatisfied feelings or whatsoever. As expected, Sibyl system continues, Makishima died, and in the end, probably only Kougami gets what he wanted. Also, it goes without saying that Akane is the one who stands out throughout the whole series in the end, evolving from a wimpy junior inspector into a brave and strong inspector over these past twenty two episodes. The story ends similarly with the same scene in the episode 1, and like Makishima has said, everything is replaceable. Quite surprised that the new inspector is Rikako's victim friend - I forgot her name.

Honestly I really want a sequel for this either movie or 2nd season, just to see what happens next with Kougami. I wonder where does he want to go to? It seems from the credits that he's on a ship, presumably going overseas to escape the Sibyl system.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Now the story ends.. a good finale, while some would argue that it feels anti-cathartic & anti-climatic
    Yeah, as one of those, I can restate that argument.
    Nothing unexpected happened. Makishima died, Kogami was the one who killed him, Akane moved on, Masaoka died, and Ginoza became an Enforcer. So, the finale lacked a certain element of surprise in many aspects for me. Needless to say, both of my favorite characters died, though I'm not really surprised about that, either.
    Even only for that blasphemy, Psycho-Pass destroyed the entire credit he had in my eyes, so, I'm not interested in a sequel, anymore

GG Psycho-Pass. I'll always remember you as a "meh" series thanks to your finale o/

Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Yeah, as one of those, I can restate that argument.
    Nothing unexpected happened. Makishima died, Kogami was the one who killed him, Akane moved on, Masaoka died, and Ginoza became an Enforcer. So, the finale lacked a certain element of surprise in many aspects for me. Needless to say, both of my favorite characters died, though I'm not really surprised about that, either.
    Even only for that blasphemy, Psycho-Pass destroyed the entire credit he had in my eyes, so, I'm not interested in a sequel, anymore

GG Psycho-Pass. I'll always remember you as a "meh" series thanks to your finale o/
    It's a little bit extreme IMHO, to neglect the quality of the series based on the finale alone, but I respect your opinion. It's quite surprising for me as well that Urobuchi spared two of the main characters and left both of them being alive, something that he normally wouldn't do. If I have any kind of disappointment plot-wise, that'd be the Episode 12. It was some sort of disrupting the rhythm/pacing of the story in general, and it doesn't affect the subsequent story either, so I was kind of gutted.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    It's a little bit extreme IMHO, to neglect the quality of the series based on the finale alone, but I respect your opinion. It's quite surprising for me as well that Urobuchi spared two of the main characters and left both of them being alive, something that he normally wouldn't do. If I have any kind of disappointment plot-wise, that'd be the Episode 12. It was some sort of disrupting the rhythm/pacing of the story in general, and it doesn't affect the subsequent story either, so I was kind of gutted.
    Build-up is extremely important and it was a high-quality job in that regard, but the finale didn't live up to the build-up stage. The finale wasn't bad or something on its own. It's just not what I'd call as the pinnacle of the excitement the series gave. This was definitely not the episode that defined the Psycho Pass, that's why.
    So, I'm kind of disappointed it didn't end on a high note.
    Episode 12 was kind of off within the context. If we happened to get the background stories for each character in the same way,perhaps that could be cool, but it was an episode on its own, unrelated to the other happenings.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, the end was kinda lacking. With that I'm not saying it was bad but it didn't deliver the quality I expected for the end. The main reason for me lies in the fact that Makishima's case was finished too quickly and was kind of anticlimatic. He deserved a better, or well, a more fleshed-out ending. Urobochi didn't do a that much of a good job there in my opinion, though I still value Psycho-Pass as a whole very highly.

The character development was astonishing. I still remember how everyone was was rather meh towards Akane at the beginning, only for her to turn into such an amazing character. Her development felt really natural and was a huge plus for the show. "Don't judge a book by it's first cover" is what comes to mind here, I totally underestimated Akane and never would have thought she would become a favourite of mine. Every Enforcer, besides Yayoi, got their well-deserved spotlight, putting them in a different light and making them a much stronger cast than what one might think at first. Even Ginoza, the only character who I disliked since the beginning, developed pretty well and thus grew on me.
    Don't think I need to say anything about Makishima, as he was a great character and villain on his own, right from the start. The way he died was totally fine with me, but I expected more. Some background maybe, some more nice final words or just something that you wouldn't expect.

I don't really get you Haku, as I don't think the last episode was so bad that it heavily affected the whole show. The touch at the end was great, with Ginoza finalling coming to terms with himself and marking a new beginning through Akane. I seriously wouldn't mind a second season or a movie and the message at the end gives me some hope. It could just be a literal meaning that Sybil still continues but on the other hand it could very well be a sign for something new in the future. Let's wait and see. In the end all I have to say is that Psycho-Pass was a pleasant and exciting watch, a show I would definitely recommend watching. I'm sad it's over but I believe, even if there won't be anything new, it found a good way to end the story.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you will most likely never get to understand me, since I'm a protagonist hater of all sorts, so, I usually hate all the series endings in a way, unless the supposedly good guys die.
    Also, the character development worked a bit backwards for me. I liked Ginoza initially, but not the person he turned into in the end. Same goes for Akane, I should say. She should have stayed as the non-existing, fragile Inspector in the beginning, instead of going through a huge transformation and becoming a strong figure.

So, I guess, one could look at it from an entirely different perspective like you do and enjoy it more towards the end. It just wasn't the case for me.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Also, the character development worked a bit backwards for me. I liked Ginoza initially, but not the person he turned into in the end. Same goes for Akane, I should say. She should have stayed as the non-existing, fragile Inspector in the beginning, instead of going through a huge transformation and becoming a strong figure.
    So basically you want no character development?

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    So basically you want no character development?

Hm, agreeing with that as a fact can be a bit of a stretch, but generally, yeah, I like stability over changing persona.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The cycle continues... The last minutes were exactly the same like in the first episode. Even the same words Ginoza used once right?
    After all they haven't stopped the system and I guess Akane and Kogami might become something like Makishima and Kogami once were.

I think they COULD make a second season.. But it's better to let it end opon like that

New Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast