Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Psycho-Pass (Re-Edit Discussion)

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Psycho-Pass

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    One thing I don't like is all this cutetsy little robots and mascots that look like they belong on a kids show, in 90s anime destopia was 100s of armed soldiers dressed in black, wearing gas masks and armed to the teeth. Now it's this crap...Japan is waaaaaay into the moe stuff right now.
    Well if they used guys like that everyone's hue would probably get clouded or something

Just watched the latest episode...talk about crazy. Especially when I saw that old woman all beat up, I just felt bad. I figured Psycho Pass would get dark at some point based on the first episode, but this level of brutality was totally unexpected.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only recently paid attention to new OP and ED. The animation for OP is so cool, I wish I can screen capture those moments and put them as wallpapers. >_<

As for the plot.. Getting darker slowly but surely, eh? We see more violence lately. Well, can't help it, because of this lovely helmet. I'm looking forward to the next episode a lot because we may get to know more about Sibyl. I appreciate that the system helps to reduce crimes but to decide everything just based on computerized analysis may not be accurate. Let's see what will become of Sibyl and the city. (Random thoughts: Only one city uses Sibyl? With such huge and amazing system I bet the whole country is using it, haha~)

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Several random points I had in mind while and after watching the episode:

1. It was actually a brilliant plan for Makishima to give out the masks: not only does it allow the wearer to "pass" by any Psycho-Pass inspections, it also provokes fear into other citizens. In this episode for example, the non-mask wearing people took their vigilantism to the extreme. (O_o)

2. Normally every seat in the lecture room for a Japanese police force would be filled, and it's sad that this era is so reliant on technology that they have little need on actual people themselves.

3. I noticed that Ginoza got character development! Usually he'd be cynical of anything other people has in mind, but he allowed Akane's team to investigate the tower. It's too bad that despite Makishima's brilliant planning, he didn't expect Kougami to see through the chaos that quickly.

4. If it wasn't for his skill in manipulating people, I think Makishima would be a cool person to have a talk over coffee with since I'm bookish too.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I have only recently paid attention to new OP and ED. The animation for OP is so cool, I wish I can screen capture those moments and put them as wallpapers. >_<
    Isn't the new OP really cool? I especially like the shot where Akane and Kougami are both aiming at Makishima.

Quote Quote:
    (Random thoughts: Only one city uses Sibyl? With such huge and amazing system I bet the whole country is using it, haha~)
    If the Sybil System is only in effect for one city, I wonder why Makishima is making a big deal about it. Even though he was born and raised in the place, he could have simply moved. (Of course I believe that the reason is much more complex than I imagine...)

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    1. It was actually a brilliant plan for Makishima to give out the masks: not only does it allow the wearer to "pass" by any Psycho-Pass inspections, it also provokes fear into other citizens. In this episode for example, the non-mask wearing people took their vigilantism to the extreme. (O_o)
    This is actually a thing I didn't really expect, haha~ I know people will seek the helmets, and I thought most others would just shut themselves in fear. So when they stepped in for self-defense, that was a bit surprising. I wonder if it's from the rumors from the internet Makishima was talking about. He really planned everything, eh?

Isn't the new OP really cool? I especially like the shot where Akane and Kougami are both aiming at Makishima.
    Yes, yes! My favorite parts are in the beginning where Kougami shot the viewer (lol) and near the end where Kougami walked towards everyone.

If the Sybil System is only in effect for one city, I wonder why Makishima is making a big deal about it. Even though he was born and raised in the place, he could have simply moved. (Of course I believe that the reason is much more complex than I imagine...)
    Hm~ Yeah, guess so.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 16

Spoiler show

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I. hate. that. kind. of. ending. ... I love the episode a lot, though.

I didn't really expect to see that scene in first episode at this episode. I thought we'd see it a bit more at the back. It's cool to see how Akane didn't let her emotion got her, and also interesting to see that Kougami's analysis is not always right, haha~ And I guess this is the first time we see Makishima's emotion in his face while he's fighting. He's always so cold... In a way it's interesting, also good to know that he's a real psycho (although he does have some points about the city run by Sibyl). I know the director seems suspicious but... What's that. -__-

I wonder if we'll see a prison break... with those characters from the past.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Makshima shows some kind of emotions when he does fighting or killing. I could be remembering wrong.
    Also - how was Kogami's analysis wrong?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I thought Makshima shows some kind of emotions when he does fighting or killing. I could be remembering wrong.
    Also - how was Kogami's analysis wrong?
    I can be wrong too, but I think when he killed Akane's friend (Yuri was her name if I remember correctly?) he didn't really show any emotion. He was just teasing Akane about it. And I was referring to Kougami's analysis of asking Akane to wear the helmet to hide her PP. The enemies' helmets were directly related to Makishima so they were still unreachable for Dominator.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't it rather obvious that the director forced the Dominator to go into Lethal Mode and killed Kagari? No way she (or it) would let him live after seein the "true form" of Sybil. I wonder what's so deal-breaking about it though, it looked quite impressive from the far away look but I couldn't see anything scandalous on first glimpse. Must be something extreme though, otherwise Che Gusong wouldn't be so sure about a riot starting if all the people see it.

They managed to completely stop Makishima's plans this time but I doubt it's the end for him here though. He will most likely play an important role until the end. Not sure how he's going to be freed but I could actually see him and Kougami and/or Akane working together at some point.

Have to say I'm quite pleased with the episode because it left me with mixed feelings. I seriously wanted Kougami to get his revenge on Makishima and stop his plans but the last few minutes left me thinking if it wouldn't have been better if he succeeded, at least Che Guesong. The director popping up and killing both him and Kagari was unexpected, would have liked to see/get to know more about them but it created an excellent impact for the end. The show definitely is on a roll lately, I'm really looking forward to how the story will unfold in the last few episodes.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Wasn't it rather obvious that the director forced the Dominator to go into Lethal Mode and killed Kagari? No way she (or it) would let him live after seein the "true form" of Sybil.
    I guess so, even though the Dominator mode was "Non-Lethal Paralyzer". I wonder if that's why the Dominator exploded? And can she do that because she's a robot? That's sad, though, we don't even get to see his story. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Not sure how he's going to be freed but I could actually see him and Kougami and/or Akane working together at some point.
    I'm guessing it'll be when Sibyl was exposed, or when the two started to doubt the whole thing and investigated Sibyl. It's a very interesting idea.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Just going to say.. What a twist!

P.S. Is it just me or the fighting scenes are not done smoothly?

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess so, even though the Dominator mode was "Non-Lethal Paralyzer". I wonder if that's why the Dominator exploded? And can she do that because she's a robot? That's sad, though, we don't even get to see his story. >_<
    Well but you can see that the voice is getting slower and then the restrictions/shackles on the Dominator are forcefully removed. I guess that's what you meant with exploded?
    She's the director of the ministry that is responsible the Sybil System, at least that's how it looked. My guess is that she can easily manipulate the system but maybe it's only her creating some kind of energy overflow inside the dominator. Notice how the signs on her body have the same color as the Dominator's interior parts. Both the robot and the Dominator are probably run by this strange energy.

I'm guessing it'll be when Sibyl was exposed, or when the two started to doubt the whole thing and investigated Sibyl. It's a very interesting idea.
    If it happens, that's the most likely case. Makishima is responsible for too many deaths though, so even if they form an alliance I doubt it's more than temporary. It's not like the Enforcers/Detectives are pure white and Makishima is just black but they're too far apart, bith emotionally and objectively.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow...this episode was crazy.

I can honestly say that I didn't expect any of the Enforcers to die. Injured to the point that they can't do anything, maybe, but not straight out dead.

Kougami really got his ass handed to him by Makishima though...I wonder how it would have went had he not been injured?

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. One of the best episodes of anime I can remember watching. Quite a twist. I'm dying for next weeks episode. I did not expect the Bureau Chief to be an android, I can't wait to find out what Choe Guseong and Shu saw.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Makishima will be hidden away very well by the Ministry of Welfare. They wanted him alive, and are not going give him the chance to easily pass along any of what he has learned. He will probably be tortured, not for his crimes, but for being immune to Sybil. I do agree he will be important later. He seems like he would be a good Hannibal Lechtor type character, providing Kougami and Tsunemori hints and riddles leading to the truth.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 08, 2013 at 09:34 PM.

New Reply
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast