Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aldnoah.Zero

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Aldnoah.Zero

Aldnoah.Zero

Episodes: 24
    Aired: Jul 06, 2014 to ?
    Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures, Nitroplus, Aniplex of AmericaL, TROYCA
    Genres: Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi

Synopsis
    In 1972, the Apollo 17 mission discovered a hypergate to Mars on the surface of the moon. Soon, a war breaks out between Earth and Mars, and Martian soldiers begin to descend from the sky, riding steel giants, intent on exterminating humanity.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aldnoah.Zero

Slaine ended up being just as good as I expected. too bad he had to be hit rudely like that , seems like setting him up to potentially defect or Im hoping join up with Inaho when things go downhill. Also seems to be another plot focused on the lies and exposing the truth potentially so maybe both sides are deceiving others. . Inaho is good too with his personality and aura

Music is great but the timing for that New Orleans scene was brutal and almost chuckle inducing with how dramatic it is for the event playing out.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

They wasted no time whatsoever... Terrorists on Earth (who were probably from Mars) assassinated the princess and now shit hit the fan... The destruction of New Orleans was amazing. It looked outstanding and in the blink of an eye, thousands died.

Those little children at the end were quite ironic. Wishing for peace while those shooting stars were just the knights who came to kill them...

The main character - probably - was cool. Basically the deadpan type who cares more for eggs on sale than about the missile right in front of him.

I expect many plot twists and many dead main cast members.

If they keep this level, this will probably the best show of the season. I'm amazed.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; July 05, 2014 at 07:42 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well shit. That was a damn good start to a show.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched this despite my disinterest in mecha genre because of Urobutcher.

...and gee, he really doesn't disappoint. It is really fast-paced, and by the end of the eps, a war breaks. People dies.
    This eps is all about advancing the plot, but not much info on the characters, so I'm excited to see next eps.
    I'm curious about how Slaine and Inaho will fit in all of these, what roles they are going to play.

I also keep getting the Code Geass vibes. The whole thing about Empire and Knights probably. And a young soldier of the empire who is a native of the opponent country. And a princess who wishes for peace who dies.
    The princess' death is too shady though... Even though since the first time I saw the princess I know she's going to die soon, I still have a feeling that she has more role to play... Eh, well, we'll see. It's Urobutcher's after all. Deaths and plot twists are his specialty.

Got to applause Sawano-san for his incredible music. When I saw that he is in charge of the music, I was super excited! Not to mention Kajiura is in charge for the theme songs. It's basically a ultimate combo. I expect the music to be awesome.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, got to get out my list of staff involved in this:

Kalafina singing the OP? Check
    Kajiura doing the theme songs? Check
    Sawano behind the OST? Check
    Urobutcher created this? Check
    Aoki Ei is the director? Check

This is looking pretty great so far. Not to mention that this team is behind one of my favorite genre ever. Sci fi? Mechs? I'm already invested. This may not be the exact space opera mech I'm looking for (that's more Gundam anyway), but it's hitting my notes so far.

Knowing who and what was involved going into this, with little idea of the plot, I had high expectations for the first episode. And I can't say I left disappointed. This is all I would ever want in a summer anime, and I'm probably overhyping this, but I don't care, really.

Anyway, so it looks like Martians descened from Earth and when Earth found ancient technology and resources on the moon, the Martians claimed it for themselves causing war. And it looks like the two are currently in a cease fire following Heaven's Fall 15 years ago. Well, now events have happened where the kingdom of Vers sent their princess to die and now I'm assuming their castles have descended upon Earth to fight. At least this is the gist of it that I understand right now.

Anyway, I like Slaine and Nao so far, and there's something odd about Asseylum's death--as in, I don't think she's actually dead. There's something fishy going on there.

I'm also getting a somewhat Code Geass vibe from this, which doesn't bother me in the least.

Damn that OST was eargasmic.

RIP New Orleans--you had some of the best Mardi Gras parties. And Japan. Poor Japan. And Beijing. So many people died in the first episode.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; July 06, 2014 at 04:29 PM.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit that I was feeling a bit anxious based solely on the introductory scene with Slaine and the princess, and it was only when the scene switched to modern day Japan that I felt relieved. I haven't had good luck with mecha anime in previous seasons so I find Aldnoah promising since it's set on Earth in 2014. Obviously it's an alternative timeline, but the similarities with the setting (e.g. Tokyo and New Orleans) makes the world and the situation much more relatable... at least that's what I hope.

On the other hand, I'm not feeling the main character too much. He sees a missile fly by and is totally unmoved by a weapon that could potentially harm him and his friends; there was absolutely no tension in his voice when he gave the warning. I wonder if there's a reason why he's so apathetic. Does he have a past? Or is this his character flaw and he will show more emotion as the series goes on- I'd be disappointed if he remained this way in the end.

I'm expecting more action and plot development in the next episode.

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The deaths in this first episode were done so euphemistically, I mean the princess was just turned to dust as well as the others in New Orleans, just goes to show how unhumane technology is.

Most interesting line was probably: We used to be humans. is this some human vs human misunderstanding that went through due to a clash of civilizations?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    The deaths in this first episode were done so euphemistically, I mean the princess was just turned to dust as well as the others in New Orleans, just goes to show how unhumane technology is.

Most interesting line was probably: We used to be humans. is this some human vs human misunderstanding that went through due to a clash of civilizations?
    But there all humans I thought, she said that they had left Earth in the past.

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    But there all humans I thought, she said that they had left Earth in the past.
    Yes but does that exclude another race controlling the humans that are fighting "for Mars"?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes but does that exclude another race controlling the humans that are fighting "for Mars"?
    But there was not any nonhuman race shown in the anime? The item on Mars they found is from some ancient civilization. I thought the animes plot was revolving around the struggle between people on Earth wanting that item on Mars and people who fled earth wanting to protect and keep that item and knowledge gleamed from it on Mars away from those on Earth and now them being locked in this multi year long struggle over it.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The kid and his wish...

The princess didn't last long . Martians never wanted peace but why did humans decide to kill the princess? Are they that stupid or they prepared themselves for war?

It's probably the 2nd choice given the Lieutenant's attitude. The episode was great but my favorite moment was Inaho informing his friends that a missile was approaching . I think there will be a S2, I don't see more than 37 enemies being properly introduced in 12 episodes.

Sawano's music .

We used to be humans. is this some human vs human misunderstanding that went through due to a clash of civilizations?
    She was saying that they evolved into a different/superior race after mastering Aldnoah's power, that's how I understood it.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The Princess of Vers had a incredible short life at the Earth... Anything to say besides that, the story is just starting to speculate something...
    Looking forward to watch the next episode...

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    The princess didn't last long . Martians never wanted peace but why did humans decide to kill the princess? Are they that stupid or they prepared themselves for war?

It's probably the 2nd choice given the Lieutenant's attitude. The episode was great but my favorite moment was Inaho informing his friends that a missile was approaching . I think there will be a S2, I don't see more than 37 enemies being properly introduced in 12 episodes.

Sawano's music .
    Well this is Urobuchi, no freaking doubt the princess is still alive (I mean, how obvious can it be with not really showing her face?) and this assassination was caused by some part of the Martians. Or some third party, this probably will end up as a surprising plot twist of some sort. It seems just a bit too easy for someone like Urobuchi.

Sawano's music Wow it's so easy to know it's her, I was instantly reminded of Shingeki and Kill La Kill. The music being awesome is a given now

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    Alright, got to get out my list of staff involved in this:

Kalafina singing the OP? Check
    Kajiura doing the theme songs? Check
    Sawano behind the OST? Check
    Urobutcher created this? Check
    Aoki Ei is the director? Check
    Could there be any better combination? This show just has to be awesome, plz.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Well this is Urobuchi, no freaking doubt the princess is still alive (I mean, how obvious can it be with not really showing her face?) and this assassination was caused by some part of the Martians. Or some third party, this probably will end up as a surprising plot twist of some sort. It seems just a bit too easy for someone like Urobuchi.
    I have that suspicion as well, but I don't think the princess will go willingly with that kind of plot if it caused by the Martians. Unless she is kidnapped and hidden somewhere.
    If it is caused by the Earth humans... well, there's still the question of where she really is then. Any way, it is unlikely the princess will keep quiet about this war. If she suddenly shows up again, alive and well, there's going to be some interesting complications....

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Sawano's music Wow it's so easy to know it's her, I was instantly reminded of Shingeki and Kill La Kill. The music being awesome is a given now
    You mean, him? Sawano is a guy.
    Last edited by yukihime03; July 08, 2014 at 01:06 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast