Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Psycho-Pass (Re-Edit Discussion)

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Psycho-Pass

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I find something that seems illogical to me in the scene, but *cough*. I don't find it comfortable to talk about.
    I wonder which part you meant by this.

I'm a bit annoyed by Akane because I think she's just too naive, but well... I think in a story like this, a heroine like her is needed. *bleh*
    We really think the same way, LOL~

I'm interested in white-haired guy. He seems evil... :P
    I checked, and his seiyuu is Sakurai-san, dear Cloud's seiyuu. Mm, never seen him as a badass, this will be interesting.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I wonder which part you meant by this.
    You know, that part.

I checked, and his seiyuu is Sakurai-san, dear Cloud's seiyuu. Mm, never seen him as a badass, this will be interesting.
    Indeed. I watch this one because he's there (partly, the other reasons are because of Akira Ishida and Tomokazu Seki). This time he's the white-haired guy.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet another playful Ishida-san~ <3

Good cast + Ishida = AUTO-IN! Well, I'm also interested in this ever since I saw the trailer (though the first trailers hardly tell anything about the story...except for the gun. It's the later one that got me interested... )

Dark anime is dark, though I think I kinda like it anyway. Didn't expect that gun to be able to burst people up like that, though... ._."

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

2nd episode is out.

The OP and ED are great, but seriously, what's with all the serious face that Ayane has in the OP? So.. I think Noitamina is doing a good job in the 2nd episode in "explaining" to the audience the personality of each one of the characters. Honestly I'm quite surprised that Kagami would forgive Ayane so easily, it does not really match with his personality shown in the first episode. Sadly there is nothing much happened plot-wise, I'll keep my fingers crossed until next week.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, yeah, the second episode is out!

I think I'll like this series. Episode 2 is more laid-back compared to the first episode, without a real advance in the story. It introduces some characters, takes viewers deeper to one or two characters meanwhile. I agree that Kogami understood Akane quite easy; I thought he would be the stubborn, crazy, hyperactive boy. Turns out that part to be that orange-haired guy. XD

Akane is too forgiving and it'll bring trouble someday, but definitely this kind of personality will bring a nice, better touch to the team. I wonder if it will even affect the Sibyl System somehow. :P

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

My first thought: What kind of a world was that??! It makes me want to live in that kind of world, though after second thought, I don't think I want to risk it.
    Good eps, we get to see more about the system and so on. I guess Kogami is indeed too easily open himself to Akane, but well, maybe that's the way he is.
    Akane is one hell of a girl, eh? What a genius. o_O
    Oh, and I got to hear more of Ishida's voice.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not bad, I enjoyed the episode focusing more on the characters

on a random note, choosing how your place looks and what you want to wear with a simple click? Awesome, I want that too
    this seems to be quite the comfortable world/system if you're "working", if you're not it's pretty cruel though

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I think these photos have not been posted yet.

Kogami original design

Spoiler show

Ayane original design

Spoiler show

Taken from PP official web.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

This show sure is awesome! I remember not being all that interested about it at first, then my interest rose when I saw that Amano was in charge of the character designs, then it lowered when I saw some still-shots of the anime and thought that it didn't quite capture her style, but after watching the first two episodes I'm loving it so far (and seeing it in motion did in fact made me realize that they did a great job in adapting her art style). I think what I like about this series the most is that it just feels so fresh compared to a lot of other shows in recent times, and that it reminds me of 90's and early 00's anime. That and the animation is awesome (dat OP )!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great episode. I really love the battle of minds even though I think Sybil should find such "doomed" people from the start and sort them out if it's that great...
    On the other hand... Well.
    The only negative point for me is, I see a Reborn-char in everyone of them... Kinda annoys me... XD

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this episode served to focus a bit more on the enforcers, putting them in a bit of a bad light. I dunno, to me they are kinda grey characters, whose methods are questionable. Or more like the reasons behind their actions are questionable: It's clearly indicated that they do this because they have "fun" doing it. I doubt you can reduce them to that though.

Don't even want to comment on the director, the system is clearly fucked up there =/ they're the ones responsible for the murders too. Sure the man is to blame too, you don't kill people just because they bully you but maybe that's the only solution you see when you realize that there's no other way out of it because the superiors ignore it or more like are responsible for the whole bullying system <___< I believe it's a good thing though (for the series) that there's no clear white and black.... the only exception may be our moe female detective XD

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts on the 3rd episode:

Psycho-Pass is getting more similar to CSI franchise, not that I have any trouble with it, since I'm a sucker for a crime drama. I'm wondering for how long Noitamina would make Psycho-Pass episodic before jumping to the linear story line (and the highly anticipated Makishima Shogo appearance). As a fan of whodunit stories, I have to admit that the mystery part of this episode is quite shallow, but let's just say in Urobuchi's defense, this show is focusing more on the characters after all.

When I saw Kogami in the scene before the OP, I thought we would see more about him in this episode but I was wrong. Kogami's identity is still as blur as in the first episode, though when he helped the culprit dude he successfully made me gasp. His expression when threatening the culprit as if he genuinely mocked him is priceless. From Ayane's narration in the ending, somehow I suspect that Kogami has a huge lust for killing and soon to be revealed. I'm hoping that he would take the center stage and take the lead from Ayane later on, since I just like badass character as a detective.

About Ayane's superior Ginoza, I think I'd never be able to like a character like him. I will accept, if for example, Masaoka turns out to be a bad guy or Ayane is an insane girl later in this Anime. For Ginoza, the most possible character development route: Asshole-ish bythebook cop --> hides a painful past and weaknesses and decided to become a strict guy -----> Turns out to be a nice guy. If that happens, it's just too cliche for me.

From the start, I knew that all the enforcers are grey characters. No matter how good impressions you get from them, having high crime coefficient is indicating insanity. It's just about time, I think, until all of them are proven to be psychopaths too. Last thing, I enjoy the fact that Dominator is such an inb4 weapon. Too bad its coolness depends on the enemy crime coefficient though.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan
    the only exception may be our moe female detective XD

She is getting more moe after the third episode. Prove that the previous statement made by the staff was utter lie.

Trivia:

You might see before the Culprit dude inserted a floppy disk to the machine, it has the name of "Johnny Mnemonics" on the front. It's a reference to this 90's movie.
    Last edited by Doraku; October 26, 2012 at 08:18 PM.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE episode 3.

I love the opening. Like Dorakun said with so much Kogami in the front I thought we would get to see more of him. Well, not exactly what I was hoping for, but indeed the star of this episode was Kogami. As brilliant and wild as he could be to dig the criminal out of his hiding place. Kogami seems like someone good who was hurt very gravely in the past. That's why when he was not on "Enforcer mode" he wanted to be a proper detective, but when he had a prey in front of him something bad from his past came up and turned himself that way. It was very obvious how much he enjoyed the whole game with the suspect, and in the end destroying every single one of them. Yet his expression later on felt a bit like regret.

I'm checking things as I'm a bit unsure: Ginoza wanted to check all the workers through their Crime Coefficient, while the rest of the team wanted to just go and pick this sole suspect and created an evidence, right? Well, in a way or another he was just like another fool, like Akane in some ways, but I guess that was how Inspectors and Enforcers are different. Oooh, I like the tension. <3

I'm starting to like the uncertainty of the series. I think that's actually the strength the plot wants to convey. Humanity always suffers from crimes, and wanted a strict system to make peace. Here you have one, with a kicking-ass gun on your hands ready depending on your enemies. But is it really the right system to tackle things, we'll see.

/excited

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also really enjoying Psyco-Pass! I love cyperpunk and this is one of the better recent examples of the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I think this episode served to focus a bit more on the enforcers, putting them in a bit of a bad light. I dunno, to me they are kinda grey characters, whose methods are questionable. Or more like the reasons behind their actions are questionable: It's clearly indicated that they do this because they have "fun" doing it. I doubt you can reduce them to that though.
    I think the idea is that the Enforcers actions and morals are questionable because their use in crime enforcement is morally questionable in the first place. The Sybil System itself is morally questionable. Isolating individuals who have not committed a crime based on psychological testing alone reduces the importance of individual responsibility. Rigidly determining career path based on psychological tests undermines the meritocracy. Both undermine the importance of free will. The Sybil System isolated the Enforcers and asked them to play the role of hunting dogs. They are trained to be loose canons, with inspectors charged with holding the leash. Their actions should remain morally questionable because the system that created them is morally questionable. That is not to say either are evil. The concept of good and evil, thankfully, seems to be absent from Psycho-Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    My thoughts on the 3rd episode:

Psycho-Pass is getting more similar to CSI franchise, not that I have any trouble with it, since I'm a sucker for a crime drama. I'm wondering for how long Noitamina would make Psycho-Pass episodic before jumping to the linear story line (and the highly anticipated Makishima Shogo appearance). As a fan of whodunit stories, I have to admit that the mystery part of this episode is quite shallow, but let's just say in Urobuchi's defense, this show is focusing more on the characters after all.
    While I agree that the mystery aspects of this episode were too obvious, I am not sure they were meant as the focus of the episode. I think the Drone plant was shown to further illustrate the moral ambiguity of society, while the Enforcer's methods were more important than the case they were solving. As the series evolves I expect less of a crime caper, and more of an archetypical cyberpunk series, focused on the morality of advanced technology.

Quote Quote:
    About Ayane's superior Ginoza, I think I'd never be able to like a character like him. I will accept, if for example, Masaoka turns out to be a bad guy or Ayane is an insane girl later in this Anime. For Ginoza, the most possible character development route: Asshole-ish bythebook cop --> hides a painful past and weaknesses and decided to become a strict guy -----> Turns out to be a nice guy. If that happens, it's just too cliche for me.
    I think he's a necessary foil to Akane the idealist.

Quote Quote:
    Trivia:

You might see before the Culprit dude inserted a floppy disk to the machine, it has the name of "Johnny Mnemonics" on the front. It's a reference to this 90's movie.
    Johnny Mnemanic was such a terrible movie Keeanu Reeves was horribly miscast. It is based on a great short story though, by William Gibson, one of the founders of the Cyberpunk genre.

I'm starting to like the uncertainty of the series. I think that's actually the strength the plot wants to convey. Humanity always suffers from crimes, and wanted a strict system to make peace. Here you have one, with a kicking-ass gun on your hands ready depending on your enemies. But is it really the right system to tackle things, we'll see.

/excited
    That's what I like too, the moral ambiguity of the Psycho-Pass world. Right and wrong are no longer choices, but something predetermined by mood, punished by machines. I thought it a great scene in episode one when the rape victim was determined to be a threat too, as her state of mind had obviously deteriorated due to the stress of captivity.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 28, 2012 at 04:01 PM.

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    That's what I like too, the moral ambiguity of the Psycho-Pass world. Right and wrong are no longer choices, but something predetermined by mood, punished by machines. I thought it a great scene in episode one when the rape victim was determined to be a threat too, as her state of mind had obviously deteriorated due to the stress of captivity.
    Totally agree with the moral ambiguity aspect of Psycho-Pass. The 3rd episode also reveal that killing someone is lowering your Psycho-Pass level instead of making it higher. The Sybil system dictates right or wrong based on the crime coefficient alone, and it's going to be the most interesting plot device for me.

---------- Post added November 02, 2012 at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was October 29, 2012 at 05:07 AM ----------

It seems my spoiler is right.

My thoughts on Psycho-Pass 4th Episode.

Psycho-Pass going Sword Art Online. I don't like how it sounds, but that's how I felt when I watched this episode. I prefer more dark climate and surroundings similar to which appeared in the first episode rather than this bright and cheerful colors. Stick to the old time Cyberpunk like GiTS would have been better. I like the new ED arrangement, for the past three episodes we got abrupt cut to the ED, but now it feels more natural.

I personally believe that The 4th episode is better than the previous one. The case is not as obvious as the 3rd episode, and I can sense that a huge crime would come after this online conspiracy. Nothing more scary than having a cult leader as the main villain. Makishima Shogo is really promising as the main bad guy, I cannot wait for the revelation on how Kogami knows him. The murder scene of Spooky Boogie is pretty graphic, to be honest I like it but somehow feel a little bit disgusted by it.

For trivia, Orwell's 1984 appears... again after previously popped up in the second episode.

Time for some image dump:

Character relationship chart. (So far)

There are also some episode titles which have already been announced.

• EP5 - No One Knows Your Face
    • EP6 - Lunatic Prince Returns
    • EP7 - Flowery Language
    • EP8 - The Rest Is Silence
    Last edited by Doraku; November 01, 2012 at 10:51 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast