Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Psycho-Pass (Re-Edit Discussion)

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Psycho-Pass

Episode 6 is.. wow. I didn't think we'd jump to Kogami's past as fast as this. I guess when Akane is curious it's really hard for her to hold back, huh? This episode serves more questions for the upcoming (hopefully, awesome) episodes. The murder case is just bleergghh, the new villains seem rather bleerghh as well, since we all knew that white-haired guy means bad thing. The female senpai is as creepy as possible with her strange drawing. This episode makes me feel a bit bleergghh, but not in a bad way, so we'll see. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I love the literature references in this anime, but I'm afraid that the references is too much and now I feel this anime is somehow becoming pretentious and trying to be "smart" /endrant.
    Personally speaking I don't mind the literature. I think it wanted to show the.. elegance, of an all-girl school, since the way the school was talked about in the anime feels a bit like an exclusive, expensive, super all-girls school as well. I think it fits quite good. This series involves some philosophy and deeper thoughts than usual so a bit Shakespeare won't make big difference. XDD

Zetsuen has some Shakespeare too. So popular of him, heh.

The pace is moving faster this time, so I hope Kougami confronts Shogo sooner (not at the end of this series, but this is a wishful thinking).
    Funny, I replayed the first few minutes of the first episode, the showdown of Kogami and Shougo. It does feel like the climax of the series, so hopefully not so soon.

Hey is it just me or the murder scene was intentionally made like that?

Spoiler: Bureau logo show

Spoiler: Murder Scene NSFW show
    I didn't notice that. It doesn't perfectly match but does resemble the logo one way or another. Looks like a direct attack to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuumi View Post
    I can't believe that i just stumbled upon this amazing thread! What took me so long?! Anyways, I really love this anime, everything in it. I really like how exotic and twisted each case is, and I think the characters themselves are each amazing as well ^^ There was obviously a lot of effort put into the background settings, and each character, new and repeating, are diverse in their own ways. Psycho-Pass is literally what keeps me going every week, and i know this one will be a toughie, seeing how good last weeks episode was. Can't wait for a new P-P pwned
    Welcome, welcome! Nice to see more members recognizing the awesomeness of this series.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What the... What a brutal way to kill... This screams for extermination.
    Killing young girls and making very grotesque statues is... extreme.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I wrote on my Twitter, I think P-P's ep 7 is the episode which truly represents the title (as the katakana for the title can also mean "psychopath" in English). It's a bit worrying to see how calm Kogami is because it feels even more like he's suppressing all his anger and hatred, that it can explode at any time and can be so dangerous. I hope Akane can help to hold him off a bit when that happens.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Goddamn cliffhanger.

That psychopath girl is still alive . I thought she is going to die by episode 7 just like the Internet Idol freak in the previous episode. I also like the interaction between Akane and Kogami in this episode, they are getting closer by each episode, and it seems Kogami does not afraid to reveal his past and problem to Akane. I hope there will be a flashback episode when Kogami and Sasayama is still partner, that would be so much fun.

Concerning Makishima.. I think this episode may conclude that he really has very huge power and influence in the criminal world. His ability to manipulate depressed people into committing a crime is admirable too. His ulterior motive behind his crime is still unclear, but I hope we know about that later. He seems not really a psycho path or mentally disturbed though.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Concerning Makishima.. I think this episode may conclude that he really has very huge power and influence in the criminal world. His ability to manipulate depressed people into committing a crime is admirable too. His ulterior motive behind his crime is still unclear, but I hope we know about that later. He seems not really a psycho path or mentally disturbed though.
    Maybe he wants to proof that this whole system is plain stupid? That it's impossible to control humans and their emotions? Or that humans are more than willing to commit a crime when you give the needed items/help. Just a very basic idea but he seems like the guy who would try to ridicule the whole system. If he's doing that for a specific reason or just for fun is another thing though.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

My imagination runs too wild, but perhaps Makishima is also a victim of the system. Perhaps he had a bad experience, just like how Kogami saw his partner killed. Maybe he did this to avenge someone, or just for himself, or something else. I also don't think he is a psychopath like those people he helped, he seemed to have a bigger motive than just that.

Which will be very interesting to see in upcoming episodes.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I swear that Episode 8 is really great.. the climax of the school girls arc is really superior compared to the Internet Idols one. Seriously I could not understand why the other enforcers and inspectors cannot figure the suspect out/very slow, though I do not have to complain if that means more screen time for Kougami. I think the best is yet to come, cannot wait until the next mind battle between Ko-chan and Makishima, since they're begin noticing each other. Kougami needs better co-workers, obviously.

and somehow I get a feeling that in the climax of this series..

Spoiler show

Oh, and the new ED animated scene

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 8!

Even though I dislike the antagonist this arc, to die like that is just sad and scary. I was nervous as well when she was deserted by Makishima. That man is truly a jerk, lol. I agree with what you said about Kogami. I do like how we get to see more of his detective side combined with his Enforcer instinct, but now it feels like the other Enforcers (and Inspectors, even Akane included) are just decoration.

We're still at 8 episodes out of 22 so I just can't help thinking how Makishima will 'play' with Kogami for the rest of the series. Or will there be Makishima v2 in the future?

and somehow I get a feeling that in the climax of this series..

Spoiler show
    I dislike the idea but it's very probable, given how clever Makishima is. He will do everything it takes to make his toy interesting.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This art/schoolgirl case was fun to watch- by fun, I mean it was so macabre I was glued to the screen wanting more. I like that we are starting to learn a little about Makishima (the sick bastard!) and getting character development moments from Kogami; I can't wait to see how these two will interact with each other in the future.

Two points of interest in this episode: Juvenile Laws are no longer in effect, which means that even children could be succumb to extermination if the situation calls for it, and that the most notorious criminals were still kept in jail. I wonder how they ended up there when they would have been killed by Dominators otherwise.

Based on the birth years that are shown, it seems as if this is taking place around 2112. What in the world happened within those hundred years?

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

So after watching the latest episode, I finally realized that the 1999 film adaptation of Titus Andronicus is the movie that I remember traumatizing me when I was a child (thanks mum and dad), mostly due to the the Lavinia scenes.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Based on the birth years that are shown, it seems as if this is taking place around 2112. What in the world happened within those hundred years?
    Probably in way too much chaos, as the Sibyl System was being developed. ^^; I wonder if we will get insight to the past, how the world was without this system.

---------- Post added December 07, 2012 at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was December 06, 2012 at 09:29 PM ----------

I'm such a romance freak. I totally rooted for Akane's pink maid about the date, and instantly thought of her dear Enforcer when it said "date".

Whatever, I was right.

I like episode 9, although it lacks plot development, it shows character development in return. Best part of the episode is about Gino's past, I guess. Who would know he had such a trauma. That explains quite many things. Again it is the moral weight of the story which makes me like the series even more; the whole Sibyl System puts everything on a scale. While it may be needed, is it really the best option? Same goes with the relationship of Inspectors and Enforcers which made Akane and Gino in debate.

The new villain seems interesting. A cyborg, eh. Getting even closer to Makishima this way. I wonder how they will play around with Kogami, it's kinda scary.
    Last edited by phio_chan; December 07, 2012 at 11:37 AM.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I'm such a romance freak. I totally rooted for Akane's pink maid about the date, and instantly thought of her dear Inspector when it said "date".

Whatever, I was right.

I like episode 9, although it lacks plot development, it shows character development in return. Best part of the episode is about Gino's past, I guess. Who would know he had such a trauma. That explains quite many things. Again it is the moral weight of the story which makes me like the series even more; the whole Sibyl System puts everything on a scale. While it may be needed, is it really the best option? Same goes with the relationship of Inspectors and Enforcers which made Akane and Gino in debate.

The new villain seems interesting. A cyborg, eh. Getting even closer to Makishima this way. I wonder how they will play around with Kogami, it's kinda scary.
    Did you mean "Enforcer" instead of "Inspector"?

I personally believe that even though this is a setup episode, this episode pretty much assuring my previous speculation about the direction of this Anime. Ginoza's personality is not surprising for me, considering that I already knew that he must be has some kind of trauma since the very first episode. Professor Holmes is also a great side character, too bad that criminal profiling does not work as cool as shown in this episode.

Yandere Makishima is dangerous for sure, but his intention to play with (read: torture) Ko-chan makes me realize that he is a creep too. Also, I would rephrase my speculation how the plot is going to be from here:

Spoiler show

I expect someone in the Bureau is going to be the next victim for that purpose, 2-3 episodes later, perhaps.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you mean "Enforcer" instead of "Inspector"?

Professor Holmes is also a great side character, too bad that criminal profiling does not work as cool as shown in this episode.
    You mean that Saiga-sensei? I think profiling involves a bit research into the suspect as well. The way Saiga talked about Akane without (shown) research or something makes him more like a magician than a psychiatrist. XDD

(That strangely reminds me of my current uni life. We're studying about psychiatry right now, and my last lecture was about psychiatric examination, given by a forensic psychiatrist which also involves profiling. <333)

Yandere Makishima is dangerous for sure, but his intention to play with (read: torture) Ko-chan makes me realize that he is a creep too. Also, I would rephrase my speculation how the plot is going to be from here:

Spoiler show

I expect someone in the Bureau is going to be the next victim for that purpose, 2-3 episodes later, perhaps.
    Such a speculation. The possibility makes it even more...

I wonder what kind of game they will play from now on. And will the next villain be rather hard to handle since he's a cyborg? Can Dominator destroy a cyborg?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

That's an interesting idea, and plausible. It's reasonable to believe that Makishima will target Akane in order to lure Kougami into his trap. With all the emphasis on her Psycho-Pas it would make sense if Makishima's plan revolves around an attempt to turn her into a latent criminal. A failed attempt, I would assume, as she would have to remain an inspector for the story to continue. What most interests me now is the relationship between Makishima and Senguuji; who is using whom, and what does Makishima hope to gain from their arrangement.

Knowing that Senguuji is a cyborg, hunting criminals for the mental stimulation, clarifies a lot. Makishima's role is now more clear, providing game for Senguuji's hunt. Now all that remains is who Makishimi is, and how he came to provide this service.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    You mean that Saiga-sensei? I think profiling involves a bit research into the suspect as well. The way Saiga talked about Akane without (shown) research or something makes him more like a magician than a psychiatrist. XDD
    If you know what to look for, a rough profile can be built without much background information. Speech, body language, posture, tone of voice, interests, clothes, and other seemingly superficial features can be used to make an accurate profile. While not as accurate as a full investigation, such a profile would be useful for the purpose of field work, helping to decipher the evidence left at a crime scene.
    Last edited by Kaiten; December 08, 2012 at 01:48 PM.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    That's an interesting idea, and plausible. It's reasonable to believe that Makishima will target Akane in order to lure Kougami into his trap. With all the emphasis on her Psycho-Pas it would make sense if Makishima's plan revolves around an attempt to turn her into a latent criminal. A failed attempt, I would assume, as she would have to remain an inspector for the story to continue. What most interests me now is the relationship between Makishima and Senguuji; who is using whom, and what does Makishima hope to gain from their arrangement.

Knowing that Senguuji is a cyborg, hunting criminals for the mental stimulation, clarifies a lot. Makishima's role is now more clear, providing game for Senguuji's hunt. Now all that remains is who Makishimi is, and how he came to provide this service.
    I think that the relationship between Makishima and Senguuji would be the same with the Makishima's previous relationships with the other culprits. In the earlier episodes of both girls school and internet idols arc, Makishima and his dolls seems to have "amicable" relationship, and Makishima did not have any kind of direct involvement in the crime itself, but in the end, it is always Makishima who pulled the strings. I could see that Makishima is also using Senguuji in this arc either, somehow instead of playing the role of providing "entertainment". Also, I agree that Akane would not be a latent criminal, but I think attempts to make her Psycho-Pass getting cloudier are enough to make her/Kougami becomes miserable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Episode 10 is intense.

Now that Akane's friend is getting kidnapped, I'm even more convinced that Makishima would target Akane's mind first to lure Kougami. I have a bad feeling saying that her friend would not be alive by next episode... and that's going to be the first step in making Akane's Psycho-Pass getting blurry. This is pretty much an unfair "game", since Makishima and Senguuji already knows about all of the enforcers, while on the other side the Bureau does not have a single clue on Makishima at all besides blurry photo and voice recordings of Ryouko. I wonder if Saiga would be the one who help Kougami to discover the true identity of Makishima later on.

The end of the first cour would be amazing.

New Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast