Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 179

Thread: Psycho-Pass (Re-Edit Discussion)

  1. #61
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    I don't know, I think Yuki will survive. She seemed to be part of the test, to see if Kougami could protect her and still evade Senguuji. Next week I think Makashima will abandon Senguuji to the enforcers. Now that Kougami has outwitted him, Senguuji probably is no longer of any interest to Makashima.

  2. #62
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I don't know, I think Yuki will survive. She seemed to be part of the test, to see if Kougami could protect her and still evade Senguuji. Next week I think Makashima will abandon Senguuji to the enforcers. Now that Kougami has outwitted him, Senguuji probably is no longer of any interest to Makashima.
    I agree with everything you said. It seems unlikely that Yuki will die; at most she will be traumatized and need some treatments.

    A red flag went up when Kogami and Yuki discovered the bag with the radio inside. I thought it was weird that aid would be given to them (although they need to work for it), but now I know that it's simply Makishima's way to make situation more "fun"; Makishima sees Senguuji as another pawn to play with by making Kogami appear on an equal footing.

    Perhaps when everything is over, Makishima will get rid of Senguuji and realize that it would be better to actively participate in this game of cat-and-mouse himself.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #63
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I agree with everything you said. It seems unlikely that Yuki will die; at most she will be traumatized and need some treatments.

    A red flag went up when Kogami and Yuki discovered the bag with the radio inside. I thought it was weird that aid would be given to them (although they need to work for it), but now I know that it's simply Makishima's way to make situation more "fun"; Makishima sees Senguuji as another pawn to play with by making Kogami appear on an equal footing.
    That's about what I think. After the incident at Oso, Makashima seemed fascinated by Kougami. This "hunt" seems to be a way to play with both his "toys", while also determining if Kougami is truly worthy of his time.

    Quote Quote:
    Perhaps when everything is over, Makishima will get rid of Senguuji and realize that it would be better to actively participate in this game of cat-and-mouse himself.
    This is what most interests me right now. What does Makashima want, what are his motives? For what purpose has he aided Midou, Ouryou, and Senguuji? And when will he step out from the shadows.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #64
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    It's getting harder to wait a week to get the next episode.

    Episode 10 is awesome. We have been waiting for the time when Makishima finally 'reached' our protagonists, although not this fast, probably. Not that I would complain, I just hope there will be enough stories to keep us entertained until the final showdown at the end of the series, lol. I liked the action, I liked the mind game behind it. As much as Makishima enjoyed this little game of his pawns, Senguuji also enjoyed it equally. He believed he was superior, I think. It's getting even more centered on Kougami (and Akane) that it makes me wondering if we'll ever get to see more of the rest of the team. There's still enough episodes to cover that, I guess, so I'll just cross my fingers.

    Makishima surely didn't waste his time. A thorough investigation led him as far as using the friend of his boss just to lure Kougami out. It didn't seem like he's going to kill Yuki soon because with her there he could tie down Kougami with a responsibility, and with the reinforcement coming I think it would be hard for him (and Senguuji) to do anything further. But with the turmoil inside the team, I guess this incident could be quite a stressor for Akane, clouding her PP a bit. It won't be long before Makishima tried to get his hands on the boss directly.

    I loved the art on this episode, how at the end the screen had three panels showing the team members' face believing in Kougami. That was sweet. <33 Gino is annoying, but understandable, so I'll bear with him. /hmph

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #65
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    That's about what I think. After the incident at Oso, Makashima seemed fascinated by Kougami. This "hunt" seems to be a way to play with both his "toys", while also determining if Kougami is truly worthy of his time.
    At first I thought that Makishima knew Kougami personally, but it doesn't seem to be the case since they only seem to know of each other. Kougami's interest in Makishima is understandable so I wonder what interests Makishima in Kougami.

    Quote Quote:
    This is what most interests me right now. What does Makashima want, what are his motives? For what purpose has he aided Midou, Ouryou, and Senguuji? And when will he step out from the shadows.
    A lot of villains enjoy manipulating their victims, and I think what makes Makishima different is that there's most likely a reason behind his actions both in this hunt and his involvement in previous crimes. Perhaps he's simply enjoying toying with people just for the heck of it or maybe there's something greater that he's trying to work towards.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Episode 10 is awesome. We have been waiting for the time when Makishima finally 'reached' our protagonists, although not this fast, probably. Not that I would complain, I just hope there will be enough stories to keep us entertained until the final showdown at the end of the series, lol. I liked the action, I liked the mind game behind it. As much as Makishima enjoyed this little game of his pawns, Senguuji also enjoyed it equally. He believed he was superior, I think. It's getting even more centered on Kougami (and Akane) that it makes me wondering if we'll ever get to see more of the rest of the team. There's still enough episodes to cover that, I guess, so I'll just cross my fingers.
    I'm sure there will be enough stories to cover until the finale. We've only touched the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the backstory of the protagonists so many things are left to be seen. Since Makishima seems to be focused on Kougami, I think there won't be a lot of case-by-case stories that we've seen so far. He might influence some to-be criminals to provoke Kougami though. /my prediction

    Quote Quote:
    Makishima surely didn't waste his time. A thorough investigation led him as far as using the friend of his boss just to lure Kougami out. It didn't seem like he's going to kill Yuki soon because with her there he could tie down Kougami with a responsibility, and with the reinforcement coming I think it would be hard for him (and Senguuji) to do anything further. But with the turmoil inside the team, I guess this incident could be quite a stressor for Akane, clouding her PP a bit. It won't be long before Makishima tried to get his hands on the boss directly.
    It's scary how Makishima used Yuki (who is simply a friend of a colleague) to get at Kougami. It means that anyone -no matter how far the relation- is up for grabs to be involved in his game.

    Akane is known for having a clear PP, and I wonder if this situation will be a tipping point for her.

  9. #66
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    Well, I was right .

    Now I think about it, niichan once said that Makishima's true goal is to ridicule the whole Sibyl system, and I think niichan is right about that part too. The whole deal about Makishima could not be enforced by Dominator is kinda predictable for me, but that was a nice surprise nonetheless. I really wish that the manhunt duel between Senguuji and Kougami last longer, since I really felt the suspense when I watched it.

    Speaking about Akane's PP, I wonder would her PP become cloudier after this devastating event? Watching your friend got killed before you and you could do nothing about it is just.. depressing.

    Psycho-Pass first cour has been amazing, looking forward what kind of story development awaits since MPWSB has more information on Makishima now, and how Kou-chan and his friends would entrap Makishima.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #67
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    Episode 11 is another amazing episode yet again. Damn producers making me high and down with this series.

    Nyaah, first death for Akane. As I watched the episode I kinda felt the fear and anger Akane had deep inside her. I mean, I guess everyone has been in that kind of desperation, but with something like Sibyl System added to it, it just made the whole situation more touching and complicated. I was expecting a more stressful expression from Akane, but I didn't really see that at the end of the episode although I could feel how she was so stressed. Definitely looking forward what will happen in the next episode (and how someone will probably console her... /romance freak ).

    Makishima. Amazing as always. It pains me that I hear Cloud's voice being used as an antagonist, but at least Makishima is a cool antagonist. He really despised Sibyl, and had an awesome trump card to overthrow Sibyl. It's a very nice complication. Catching him will definitely be hard; I'm looking forward to what other toys Makishima will entertain himself with to make Kougami and Akane even more miserable.

  12. #68
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Well, I was right .

    Now I think about it, niichan once said that Makishima's true goal is to ridicule the whole Sibyl system, and I think niichan is right about that part too. The whole deal about Makishima could not be enforced by Dominator is kinda predictable for me, but that was a nice surprise nonetheless. I really wish that the manhunt duel between Senguuji and Kougami last longer, since I really felt the suspense when I watched it.

    Psycho-Pass first cour has been amazing, looking forward what kind of story development awaits since MPWSB has more information on Makishima now, and how Kou-chan and his friends would entrap Makishima.
    Looks like we were right
    And even though it was kind of predictable I really liked the development. Makishima being immune to the Dominators makes the whole Sibyl system even more questionable. As far as I see it, your PP becomes cloudier when you do, see or think something you know/feel is wrong. Doesn't matter if you show it on the outside or not but deep down even people like Senguji and Rikako probably knew what they were doing is wrong. That doesn't even have to be their own believe but something the society has engraved deep in their minds. Everyone of us probably learned "hurting or killing others is seriously bad" ever since we were little kids, the same most likely applies to the world of Psycho-Pass too.

    On the other hand we have Makishima, who feels like he's doing the right thing. He's not just doing it for fun, he seriously believes he's doing what's right with all his heart.
    Not like I think that Makishima is right with what he's doing but I agree with him, it's more than questionable to rely on a scientific system to judge other people, especially if you don't even know how it's actually judging these people.

    And I have to agree, Psyho-Pass's first cour was amazing, way better than I thought. So far definitely my favourite of this season, together with Chu2, Jojo and Tonari.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #69
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    Well the Sybil system is more flawed than I thought. First of those dominators - I refuse to say gun - are way to slow and inferior to the ordinary handgun.
    Furthermore I agree with naruto-niichan. You CE only goes up if you feel you're doing something wrong. Mahsima on the other hand is honest with himself and only acts how he deems correct.
    It became even clearer to me as his CE went down everytime he approached Yuki. It wasn't even killing intend. This man clearly is the proof that the Sybil system is way to superficial and just reacts according to values created by Sybil itself. A society can't work under such kind of dictatorship.

    This anime is getting more and more awesome. I really can't wait for the next episode.

  15. #70
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    Hmm... so Yuki DID die but not in a way I'd expected. I was worried that her death would be meaningless if Senguji was the one who killed her, but Makishima's motive and Akane's mental/emotional struggle beforehand added depth to the demise of a minor character.

    In our era, we are the ones who are controlling the weapons. If we shoot someone, we kill them and we are aware that we'll be killing our target when we press the trigger. In Akane and Makishima's world, it's the Dominators that determine the outcome whether it's to stun someone if their Psycho-Pass is a little foggy or eliminate them completely if their Psycho-Pass deems them dangerous. (Note that it's not only the Dominators; apparently guns with bullets are rare in this era.) As Makishima pointed out, Akane really got to know the weight of human life.

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    As far as I see it, your PP becomes cloudier when you do, see or think something you know/feel is wrong. Doesn't matter if you show it on the outside or not but deep down even people like Senguji and Rikako probably knew what they were doing is wrong. That doesn't even have to be their own believe but something the society has engraved deep in their minds. Everyone of us probably learned "hurting or killing others is seriously bad" ever since we were little kids, the same most likely applies to the world of Psycho-Pass too.
    Interesting; it really seems that way too. The past criminals we've seen were at a mental breaking point when they were cornered implying that they know what they're doing is wrong. Makishima's CE on the other hand decreased every time he was closer to killing Yuki. He believes what he's doing is right due to his own free will.

    This show has definitely exceeded my expectations.

  16. #71
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    8th Day
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    Caught up to Psycho Pass, I think this is the only original anime that I'm currently
    watching besides Magi. The sole reason I started watching was because of all the hype, amano doing character designs and the awesome edsong that Doraku posted at another thread.
    Mostly because of the edsong and egoist though :hee.

    When I first started watching PP from 1-3, I had to admit, it was interesting only in several parts of the show and it felt like it had no definite genre, obviously there is A LOT of sci-fi which is too much for my taste and some bits of detective parts here and there with not so much action.. it didn't really felt like it's living up to its hype and the beginning was weak.
    I almost fell asleep during the factory-machine-killer episode because everything was so obvious.
    (or was it because I was extremely tired that night?).

    Then came episode 4-6 which started building the world of Psycho-Pass and the two main characters, along with the interesting antagonist, the Moriarty to our sherlock.
    All this built up lead to the climax of episode 11, which I thought was very nicely done because it led us to question about the true nature of this series.

    It actually feels like a psychological series, something which I know many anime tries to but failed to do. I was proved wrong when I thought the series had no direction, after the latest episodes I can see what PP is trying to do.

    I contributed the enjoyment of PP to the characters, Kougami must be the quickest thinker I've ever seen in any modern anime series, I don't exactly relate him to a genius but a very adaptable and witty MC, who actually uses a lot of instincts and brain power.
    On the other hand, Akane feels real and is no pushover.
    Antagonist isn't a guy who just do random cool poses or acting smug while having nothing to back up, you know we seen a lot of those bullshitters in other series.
    This guy is actually frightening and is playing with everyone.
    Like many had said, PP really exceeded my expectations.


    I didn't bother much with the Shakesphere references thrown around because it really did felt like "acting smart" in some parts.
    But at least they weren't randomly made by the characters and made sense with what's happening.
    Last edited by Zeltrax; January 01, 2013 at 08:19 AM.

  17. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #72
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    Good to know that you're enjoying the series, Zeltrax!

    What's nice about Psycho-Pass is that although it started out like a CSI crime show, it managed to set everything up to its current form without dragging on. We're around the halfway point so it's going to be one heck of a ride for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    I didn't bother much with the Shakesphere references thrown around because it really did felt like "acting smart" in some parts.
    But at least they weren't randomly made by the characters and made sense with what's happening.
    I get what you mean by acting smart; the recent episode mentioned Descartes. However, we can let them go over our heads and we'll still understand the message. (As much as I liked Ergo Proxy, it was laden with philosophical references.)

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #73
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    Well I just watched all the episodes, and I'm pretty impressed. I wonder how they're going to end up dealing with the flaws of the Sybil System, since it can't just be this one guy in the entire world that it doesn't work on.

  21. #74
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    It seems to me that the Sybil System is so ingrained in this era that reverting back would be really difficult to do. We're still not sure if other countries are using it as well. Hopefully we'll find out more about how, why and when the System was implemented and also who created it. Depending on the answer, maybe the antagonist in this series isn't Makishima at all.

    I assume we didn't have an episode last week due to New Years so I'm looking forward to the new episode.

    ---------- Post added January 13, 2013 at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was January 06, 2013 at 05:41 PM ----------

    Episode 12

    A new year calls for new theme songs! Personally I like the song and animation for this opening better.

    I've always wondered how the Enforcers ended up in this position since each of them seemed to have a history. It concerned me that we didn't know much about them apart from Kougami so it's nice to have a flashback focused on Yayoi acting as a breather after all that went down in the last time.

    It surprised me that she showed emotion during her stay in the rehabilitation facility since she's normally shown to be stoic. Did something happened to her afterwards or is she trying to be cautious as she can as an Enforcer?

    Before the episode ended, I thought she would shoot Rina resulting in her detached demeanor in the present. It doesn't seem to be the case because she (unwillingly) let her friend go. The fact that Rina left unscathed along with her desire to overthrow the Sibyl System makes me wonder if she will play a role in future episodes now that Makishima and his motives have come into light.

    Sasayama finally made an appearance! As Kougami pointed out, he does seem to have a reckless nature. Maybe it's just me, but it seems as if Sasayama treats his job as a game.

  22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  23. #75
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psycho-Pass

    At last, I managed to check episode 12.

    First impression, I was expecting to see the plot continued, but when I saw "3 years ago" and Yayoi, I was still happy. We were going to see the past of one of the Enforcers! I have to admit I'm still curious as to why Yayoi ended up with such a high PP; simply a supper crazy love for music? That doesn't sound really right. It feels like there's more to it. At the end of the episode I was feeling so-so. I think it was strange that Yayoi agreed to be an Enforcer just to stop Rina, but then again... It felt a bit too superficial with Yayoi here. I hope to see more.

    Kougami as an Inspector! Now that was lovely too. Gino was still... 'clean', lol. He really should cut his hair, bleh. Sasayama is completely random. Kougami still looked like a discipline detective so I still can't imagine how he got close to Sasayama, especially to turn into a latent criminal upon his death in the future.

    Oh, animation with new OP looks good. Other than that I'm enjoying the new soundtracks but not caught up to them yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    It surprised me that she showed emotion during her stay in the rehabilitation facility since she's normally shown to be stoic. Did something happened to her afterwards or is she trying to be cautious as she can as an Enforcer?
    Probably because she considered her job to be very important? She seemed rather flat from the past, showed just a bit emotion during rehabilitation, and later when she met her old friend again. As if she only cared about her friend and to play music with her; others didn't matter. Maybe she still thinks like that until now? Unable to catch Rina... Which brings us to your interesting point, Asa-chan:

    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    The fact that Rina left unscathed along with her desire to overthrow the Sibyl System makes me wonder if she will play a role in future episodes now that Makishima and his motives have come into light.
    I wonder if we will see the continuation of catching-Rina and more-info-about-other-Enforcers in upcoming episodes.

New Reply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts