Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Psycho-Pass (Re-Edit Discussion)

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Psycho-Pass

No doubt there will be a a second season. It seems pre-planned to me, like they split the series into two 22 episode seasons, rather than air 44 episodes uninterrupted. A new character introduced, and Kougami's status was left unresolved, as was Sybil's desire to make the truth public. At the end of the Commie version it says SyBIL Continues. I am taking that to mean to be continued... The BD are selling well enough (about 6000 copies each) that a second season (or movie) should be assured. Without a second season the ending is not open ended, but unresolved.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder, if that book Kogami was supposed to be reading in the ending is signaling that he will be the antagonist of the second season himself, provided there will be one.
    Makishima asked Kogami whether he thinks he will find someone to replace him or not and Kogami said something along the lines of "I hope not". What better turnaround could be created than him replacing Makishima as the one to bring the Sibyl down? It's not as if Kogami ever thought he was putting his life on the line to protect the system, so, this could make things interesting, without getting too outrageous.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone knows what the name of the piece is that was accompanying the hunt of Makishima, his speech and his death?
    Kind of sounded like Mozart or Bach to me but i am not too sure.
    Last edited by MiyamotoMusashi; March 23, 2013 at 01:34 PM.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Anyone knows what the name of the piece is that was accompanying the hunt of Makishima, his speech and his death?
    Kind of sounded like Mozart or Bach to me but i am not too sure.
    That's hard to tell.... my best guess would be Bach - Partita No.2 in C minor.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post

Hm, agreeing with that as a fact can be a bit of a stretch, but generally, yeah, I like stability over changing persona.
    But a person staying the same over a course of month or years, with his/her life changing drastically is just plain impossible if you ask me. It's one thing if you like the changes a person is going through but character development is a natural part of your everyday life

To get on topic, Akane staying the same over the whole course of actions that happened throughout the series would be totally ridiculous and illogical if you ask me.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    No doubt there will be a a second season. It seems pre-planned to me, like they split the series into two 22 episode seasons, rather than air 44 episodes uninterrupted. A new character introduced, and Kougami's status was left unresolved, as was Sybil's desire to make the truth public. At the end of the Commie version it says SyBIL Continues. I am taking that to mean to be continued... The BD are selling well enough (about 6000 copies each) that a second season (or movie) should be assured. Without a second season the ending is not open ended, but unresolved.
    If it does have a second season pre-planned, it seems that I.G. has a lot of faith on this series to be successful before it even aired, which is good. To be honest I took the sentence "And the Sybil Continues.." quite literally from the HorribleSubs version as "The Sibyl system is never cease to exist".. but let's cross our fingers and hope that 2nd season would be aired sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I wonder, if that book Kogami was supposed to be reading in the ending is signaling that he will be the antagonist of the second season himself, provided there will be one.
    I think somehow that's the whole point of the ending itself, just like Makishima said, everything is replaceable. I do wonder if this is also a signal that at the end of the day, it doesn't merely implying characters, but also the Sibyl system itself though.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Psycho-pass is one of the animes with an open ending and where an open ending is actually way better than any other that I could think of.
    Where other series with an open ending makes one want a second season or groan and moan in dis-satisfication, Psycho-Pass one was just really well done.
    There might be people complaining that ends weren't tied, it wasn't as dramatic or climatic. But I thought it was a very suitable end for this series.
    While it might be nice to see the Sibyl System dealt with we have to remember that the system was not the core of the story. Makishima and The Enforcers was.

This is a character driven plot and every character that drove it had an ending.

Kougami and Akane chose their own paths and this very ending showed that.

Akane decided to stay in the grey area... to work with SS while knowing that the law does not deserve to be protected yet cannot fall. In an attempt to one day find a way to bring the System down, no matter how futile.

Kougami chose to kill Makishima and to turn his back on everything he was supposedly fighting. He cannot live like Akane and believes in his own form of Justice more than anything else just like Makishima which believed in his. If Sibyl System is black, then he is now white...and the two of them cannot co-exist. The same for him and Makishima, one of them has to kill the other because it's their destiny. Hence, I strongly believe the one that would bring down the System is Kougami himself if that day would come.

In the end, Psycho-Pass might be a huge loop...nothing was really change when you look at the entire Psycho-Pass world itself. People continue to live on and the SS decides everything for them. Yet what was fascinating is the characters that have changed so much from what we first saw them.

Akane is now a strong-willed and practical CID Inspector, playing the role of Ginoza in first episode and Ginoza is now an enforcer that accepts everything about himself while believing that being an Enforcer is not so bad. This sounds like Kou when he transited from an inspector to an enforcer.
    The producer is trying to create the same effect as episode one with the new CID member and also at the end with Kougami, the one guy who is out of the hands of the system...potentially becoming a new Makishima.

The world keeps going, Sibyl System hasn't died...but from the 22 episodes, I can safely say that the characters that have gone through with their decision will move the gears of PP's world..slowly but surely.
    Last edited by Zeltrax; March 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM.

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It does suck that nothing changed in the world, I am disappoint, but this show is still my favorite from last season.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    It does suck that nothing changed in the world, I am disappoint, but this show is still my favorite from last season.
    If i have to be honest, i am happy that nothing has changed. Makishima´s ideals and goals might have been legitimate but if he had managed to change the system, it kind of would have send the signal that the ends justify the means which is not true. Now, if there is gonna be a second season, which i hope for, we have two people who more or less share Makishima´s views without having his arrogant and sadistic nature, namely Akane as inspector and more importantly, Kogami.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fine if this will be the only season we'll have because as Zeltrax has said, Psycho-Pass pulled off the open ending well: Akane and Ginoza got character development, and Kogami finally did what he sought out to do since the beginning. HOWEVER the fact that Episode 12 exists screams to me that the story will continue on either with or without these characters. Ever since Yayoi's backstory episode, I was waiting for her friend or the resistance group to make a reappearance and they never did. Other enforcers didn't get an entire episode dedicated to them so why did Yayoi get one? The answer to that question is because something was shown here that would be crucial later on- otherwise the whole episode will be moot plot-wise.

Regarding Ep 22 itself, I found it interesting how Makishima kept trying to escape after the truck toppled over. I expected him to face death willingly in a semi-suidical way, but it was only until he physically could not run away anymore that he finally accepted his end. The last few episodes have really brought out new dimensions to his character.

I loved how the finale ended the same way it started with the Inspector introducing the newbie to the Enforcers. You can really see how much Akane matured over the course of the series, and how sad it is that there are only two colleagues (plus Shion) whom she met on her first day on the job.

Initially I was worried that Psycho-Pass won't meet the standards it set for itself, but I think it has done a marvellous job meeting and sometimes exceeding those expectations.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It finally ended. *sad*
    A friend who was also watching it said he was disappointed with the ending, but I personally liked it. I was ready for an open ending given the situation because that was the best choice. I think the execution was good, and I agree with Asarii about how the ending resemble the opening although some team members were gone. >:

I'd love to see a second season, but even if it doesn't have continuation, I'm happy. The series managed to raise questions of whether automatic judgement is necessary to build a strong community, and that's it. It's great as a season alone, but an addition of how Sibyl crumbles and how community works hard to restore the situation will be something that can satisfy viewers too. For me I'd love to see explanation of the plot hole: Yayoi's friends. If there is no second season then it's one of the loose ends of the series, a point not explored properly or just forgotten.

And what's up with the book Kogami read? Or is it only a sign that he's like turning into a Makishima who likes to read books too, to bring Sibyl down?

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It is confirmed that Psycho-Pass going to get both a second season of anime and a movie-adaptation.

13. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Brought it back from the archive because of the new Re-Edit. Does not seem like enough new content for another thread, but I thought maybe some people feel like discussing the changes/new stuff.

Have to say after the first episode I have a bit of a mixed feeling. A few minutes of new stuff, mainly one Kogami and Shogo monologue each. Shogo's was really nice (well, it's Shogo xD), Kogami's felt a bit unnatural/out of place, though it does the job of foreshadowing a greater overall plot/stuff that is to come. Besides that I think music was used more often and changed at times, at some points it worked nicely, at others it didn't, at least for me. It's been too long since I last saw the show so I don't really know if they added some sentences or anything, though I read that some people felt like a few lines were added.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Psycho-Pass (Re-Edit Discussion)

I didn't see anything new and I probably won't watch the next episodes.
    Can't really say anything else. They just glued the first two episodes together and that's it.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I didn't see anything new and I probably won't watch the next episodes.
    Can't really say anything else. They just glued the first two episodes together and that's it.
    Nah, the little monologues from Shogo and Kogami are new, they weren't there before. Shogo's is right at the beginning, Kogami's is used as a transition to the next episode (the one where you see CG being used, the hand holding the pistol). Not like I expected anything really noteworthy in the first episode, later parts should have more interesting stuff, hopefully. Even only a few minutes of new content each episode is enough for me (and perfect animation this time, I remember PP had quite a few problems there, especially during one episode), it's been long enough since the first time it aired, perfect to get me hyped for S2

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hana Kana was fabulous as Akane. I had almost forgotten. One of her all time best roles.

New Reply
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast