Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSDK Chapter 492 Discussion / 493 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 492 Discussion / 493 Predictions

Chapter ready!

http://mangastream.com/read/hsdk/17024623/1

Mysterious guy's name is Lugh (subject to change in translation maybe) and he is confirmed blind.

The building was not Yami's main base but Kensei's, who is not there of course.

Ryozanpaku fight against a bunch of generic evil bald guys in hakamas.

Berserk is going to create his own personal style, last time such thing happened was with the Elder.

Kensei seems like an amazing master when it comes to the specifics of his disciples, but you are no Akira!
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; September 28, 2012 at 08:29 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 491 Discussion / 492 Predictions

^Spoilers dude spoilers dude don't share all the goods! lol

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

& please stop comparing him to Akira as if he's superior or something.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 492 Discussion / 493 Predictions

Nice chapter, glad to see we got some of our recent questions answered, like with how Kensei taught Berserker.

And this Lugh guy is going to try and take on all of Shinpaku by himself? With Miu right there, no less?

I doubt they're just going to jump him, but I get the feeling he's going to fodderize a couple people before taking on Kenichi or Miu. It's a shame we're not going to get an all out fight though.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was quite interesting and even funny at some point. Especially starting from the fight of Masters.
    Just look at this ridiculous move:
    http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...-kenichi/492/7
    Elder just smashed several quite strong Experts (or even weak Masters) and the impact made a giant hole in the wall in a form of his hand.))) His strength is just beyond the word insane.))

So Berserker isn't actually taught techniques, but only sharpens his own style... I don't quite get it right now, but we'll deffinetly see him fighting soon, so we'll understand what he calls his fighting style. As I've seen him before he was a natural-type fighter who had a great physical capacities and managed to adapt to practically any fighter being able to deduce a counter strategy and counter moves in order to defeat any opponent of his level, but he failed twice (Odin and Natsu-chan), so it might be that Kensei trained him physically and made him even better in adapting to his opponents?

The new guy seems interesting. He might not be as strong as Berserker, but he is surely strong if he really wants to face Shinpaku Alliance all by himself. As we know Miu is a powerhouse among low Experts and Kenichi is somewhere around her, but still not that strong, but normally we see them as quite strong opponents in a combo for anyone, but if we also count in all other guys.. ihe should really be a monster to be able to not only challenge them, but be that calm as well.

P.S. I don't think the guy is blind. The phrase that he senses them might just be interpreted as in any type of fight-based manga strong fighters can feel the power of his opponents more or less. Of course I might be wrong, but we should wait for the next week to tell us, when he starts fighting them. The only thing I know for sure that Kenichi will need to undergo a massive power-up during this Arc. He might get some moves from the Elder and other Masters.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    & please stop comparing him to Akira as if he's superior or something.
    I will state whatever I feel like stating and your personal vendetta against Akira due to the death of Silcardo does not change the fact: Akira is the best disciple raiser.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    I will state whatever I feel like stating and your personal vendetta against Akira due to the death of Silcardo does not change the fact: Akira is the best disciple raiser.
    How? I'm more inclined to think there's more evidence supporting the claim that the Saint Fist is the best when it comes zeroing in on disciples individual talents and raising them to become strong fighters & this is an UNBIASED opinion. You even heard it from the mouths of the Ryozanpaku masters that they are astonished at his teaching abilities. It's quite ridiculous that you believe Kensei's teaching methods are inferior to Akira.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; September 28, 2012 at 07:46 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

How? I'm more inclined to think there's more evidence supporting the claim that the Saint Fist is the best when it comes zeroing in on disciples individual talents and raising them to become strong fighters & this is an UNBIASED opinion. You even heard it from the mouths of the Ryozanpaku masters that they are astonished at his teaching abilities. It's quite ridiculous that you believe Kensei's teaching methods are inferior to Akira.
    Sure, Kensei's disciples are as good as Shou Kano who was recognized at one point by the entire OSNF.... That includes Kensei and Saiga.

He is better at raising an special ability and discovering talent but when all comes down to it, Akira is the best disciple raiser in Yami and when there is a"best" there is also a "not best".

Entry updated.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; September 28, 2012 at 08:32 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^So!? that's only because he's the successor of the OSNF not because Akira is his master don't get it twisted. How can you consider him to be the best when it's his own fault his disciple died because he failed to strengthen his heart with the fundamental principles of the Killing fist???? Your love for Akira has blinded your judgment
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; September 28, 2012 at 09:14 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

At the moment I would agree with kensei being the better disciple raiser. Taking in consideration the guys at his castle, the fact that at some point rimi was in fact faster than miu (even if that is no longer the case) and the fact that his disciples are being raised exceptionally well suggests he is in fact excellent at it. Akira is good and does that to some degree but it does not seem to be as efficient as it is with kensei's disciples. There is also the consideration that kano sho was unbelievably talented, in fact a match for miu in terms of it alone. The only one that could maybe match that talent is berserker and even then he is being raised to develop his own martial art. Akira is good but given the success kensei has with all of his disciples I would rate him higher than akira in that regard. The only real issue with kensei as a teacher is that kensei uses his disciples as lab rats while akira would never cross that line.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have a man-crush on Akira but I leave personal things out of business.

^So!? that's only because he's the successor of the OSNF not because Akira is his master don't get it twisted. How can you consider him to be the best when it's his own fault his disciple died because he failed to strengthen his heart with the fundamental principles of the Killing fist???? Your love for Akira has blinded your judgment
    If I argue about something I usually have a 100% solid base to start with and try to avoid >opinions, that's the best way to win arguments... IMO ha!

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/6317/hi...1_by_utopia/16

As you can see, Shou was Akira's disciple before being chosen as the successor.

Sakaki was the one who stated that Akira was the best disciple raiser and later was stated that Akira knows how to bring out the true potential of anyone, the author can't be dropping that kind of titles lightly.

Shou died for taking a bullet, while Akira blamed himself for being soft on him Kenichi told him that he comitted no mistake in raising him. You are saying Kenichi was wrong.

And the "You are no Akira!" was just a joke... Hahahaha!
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; September 29, 2012 at 01:46 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe it was just Sakaki's opinion about Akira being the best in opening true potential of his disciples. As we've seen he only had one disciple and actually I would say even if karate was his favourite and best martial art he was mostly like Kenichi who was a disciple of the entire Ryuozanpaku. The same was Kano Shou. He was a disciple of the entire One Shadow Nine Fists, so it wasn't only due to Akira why he was that strong.
    While at the same time even Elder was surprised on how good Kensei managed to teach that many people his Ancient Martial Arts... So it's quite obvious that Kensei is superiour as a teacher, even though he is a douche, cause he doesn't care for his disciples.

P.S. I like Akira way more as a fighter and as a person, but it's obvious that Kensei is a better teacher.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Careful with those "obvious":

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    So it's quite obvious that Kensei is superiour as a teacher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    but it's obvious that Kensei is a better teacher.
    Shou was Akira's disciple first, then he was chosen as the successor and by that time the only master Shou had was Akira so yes, Akira's raising method came first. The OSNF agreed that Akira's disciple was the best out of the bunch, Sakaki's opinion has nothing to do with OSNF decision, he just told the Elder what happened.

Even with the agreement on Shou's status as a successor masters like Silcardo and Mikumo tested him out before training him and what Shou had at the moment? Akira's teachings.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; September 29, 2012 at 03:33 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would argue sho was chosen because of his potential not because of akira though. The guy was bred to fight and his talent alone would be unmatched were it not for miu. Taking in consideration sho was in fact taught by everyone I doubt akira's raising ability was a huge factor. If anything it would make sense that the most talented was chosen to begin with.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Once you have a cornerstone, you just resolve everything through what has already been established:

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I would argue sho was chosen because of his potential not because of akira though.
    If it was just the potential then Akira should not have had any trouble convincing the other masters, again, Sho was Akira's disciple before anything and I can destroy my previous statement about Kensei's better ability to spot talent as Sho, the most talented, was Akira's.

Taking in consideration sho was in fact taught by everyone I doubt akira's raising ability was a huge factor.
    Before being trained by the OSNF all he had was Karate and had to prove himself to masters such as Silcardo and Mikumo using what Akira taught him. First comes 1 then comes 2. You are not paying attention.

If anything it would make sense that the most talented was chosen to begin with.
    And he was spoted, raised, trained and presented by Akira; not Saiga, not Kensei, not Silcardo nor Mikumo.

I just retort to what has been stated while dealing with your: "I think" "I would say" "to me".
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; September 29, 2012 at 07:37 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The trouble akira had with the OSNF regarding sho being the one disciple was about his heart though. Basically, all 100% still sho. If akira was what mattered here then there really would not have been an issue here.

True but sho already had his talent even before akira trained him. His potential was evident from the very start, even before he was given to akira.

We don't know who spotted sho although everything would suggest that it wasn't akira. As far as we know sho was given to yami by the kuremisago from the start as an extremely talented individual.

And even then, we know sho got to where he was because of his insane innate talent over others. If the whole thing was solely akira's teachings then his other two disciples would not lag so much behind the yomi in a wheelchair or kenichi, they would have been closer to sho. Sho was chosen as the sole disciple because he was thought to be the one with the most potential among the yomi and his talent was something he was born with. Akira without a doubt is an excellent teacher however he has not done anything even close to what we have seen with kensei regarding his ability to teach. Rimi had no ki or experience and even then she had speed which at a point surpassed miu. Ryuto in a wheelchair held back akira's other two disciples. Akira discerned the best way to raise berserker was to allow him to do as he pleases. And right now we have a new guy about to take on the shinpaku alliance on his own. That does not even take in consideration kensei had an army of henchmen trained well enough to impress the ryozampaku masters. Overall, kensei's resume as a teacher and his ability to pass on techniques seems objectively better than akira's. And it makes sense, kensei is the one hellbent on teaching (and experimenting), it makes a lot of sense he has under this conditions developed the more advanced methods to pass on techniques.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast