Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toshiro's chances against the Quincy

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Toshiro's chances against the Quincy

I don't think it's a spoiler anymore since I am going to go back 3 weeks to the revelation of the Captain Commanders Bankai, if you don't wanna read anymore after this, plox don't

Anyway, on to the topic I wanted to discuss.
    Yamamotos bankai is pretty much the opposite of Toshiros, it's fire and it dries out all the air making Toshiros bankai and zanpaktou useless.
    This worries me, as you might have figured hes kind of a favorite of mine and with the attacking Quincy's strength and Toshiros young age this really gives me no hope of my favorite characters survival.
    Did Yamamoto doom Toshiro when he used his bankai?
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toshiros chances

i dont think he will have many problems regarding the use of bankai since his was already stolen from the begining. since it basically is the soul of the zanpaktou and that soul is stolen he shouldn't be able to even open his shikai.so yama-jii's bankai will not effect him.(i know he said i cant use hyourinmarou but...) besides i dont think some1 who actually manages to become captain will be that useless without the usage of bankai. there are still other techniques he should be able to utilise.if he dies, or couldnt even manages to weaken the oponent i will seriously start to doubt his genius status.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

He still has kidos and pure sword+reiatsu fighting left. On the other hand, his opponent has quincy techniques and his yet unrevealed special ability, but no stolen bankai. Toshiro just needs to fight Kenpachi style or strategically, then he'd win with that.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    He still has kidos and pure sword+reiatsu fighting left. On the other hand, his opponent has quincy techniques and his yet unrevealed special ability, but no stolen bankai. Toshiro just needs to fight Kenpachi style or strategically, then he'd win with that.
    i dont know if the guy stole hyourinmarou or one of the other 3,

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    i dont know if the guy stole hyourinmarou or one of the other 3,
    It's the guy with the scar on his lips, they were put in the correct order in this page http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c496/15.html. Scar face for Hitsu, Girl for Koma, Nodt for Byakuya, and Mask for Soi fon.

Since Yama has discarded his Bankai, Hitsu will be able to use his Zanpaktou again. About the chance of Hitsu surviving, I bet he will. because of this:

Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    Hitsu vs Yamo
    Strongest fire vs strongest ice zanpaktou
    Oldest captain vs youngest captain
    First division letter is a horizontal line, tenth division is a horizontal and a vertical line.
    First division's flower: Chrysanthemums. To Asia culture, this signify death and grief.
    Tenth division's flower: Daffodil. Represent happiness and good fortune

My thoughts: Hitsu will probably be the next Yamo, maybe in 1000 years though XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    I don't think it's a spoiler anymore since I am going to go back 3 weeks to the revelation of the Captain Commanders Bankai, if you don't wanna read anymore after this, plox don't

Anyway, on to the topic I wanted to discuss.
    Yamamotos bankai is pretty much the opposite of Toshiros, it's fire and it dries out all the air making Toshiros bankai and zanpaktou useless.
    This worries me, as you might have figured hes kind of a favorite of mine and with the attacking Quincy's strength and Toshiros young age this really gives me no hope of my favorite characters survival.
    Did Yamamoto doom Toshiro when he used his bankai?
    If anything Yama helped hitsuygaya because the quincy can't use his power against him anymore. I mean the quincy should still be significantly stronger than hitsugaya due to his other moves(final form, special ability, slavery, and other quincy abilities) but at least he wont frozen to death now.

But hitsugaya probably won't die because if he dies kubo dies from a case of outraged fans.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Toshiro will win 100% ... or the fans will stop reading bleach in japan
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar View Post
    If anything Yama helped hitsuygaya because the quincy can't use his power against him anymore. I mean the quincy should still be significantly stronger than hitsugaya due to his other moves(final form, special ability, slavery, and other quincy abilities) but at least he wont frozen to death now.

But hitsugaya probably won't die because if he dies kubo dies from a case of outraged fans.
    That was my first thought but on a second look that might not be the case. Yamamoto's bankai made hitsugaya bankai unusable but the same could be said of his shikai so even if the enemy lost daiguren hyorinmary hitsugaya is really left with no zampakuto abilities. He is left with only standard techniques which is not much in this sort of fight. Then we have the fact that his quincy enemy has all of his special techniques and volstandig. Yamamoto ending his bankai does not change the situation much. The rain would make it so hitsugaya could max out his shikai however it would also maximize the effectiveness of his stolen bankai. Hitsugaya being screwed at this point depends on the level of the stern ritern he is fighting. If he is fighting a VC level guy then he might pull through this....

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The one i'm worried about is komamura
    Maybe he will win his first fight in this arc
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    That was my first thought but on a second look that might not be the case. Yamamoto's bankai made hitsugaya bankai unusable but the same could be said of his shikai so even if the enemy lost daiguren hyorinmary hitsugaya is really left with no zampakuto abilities. He is left with only standard techniques which is not much in this sort of fight. Then we have the fact that his quincy enemy has all of his special techniques and volstandig. Yamamoto ending his bankai does not change the situation much. The rain would make it so hitsugaya could max out his shikai however it would also maximize the effectiveness of his stolen bankai. Hitsugaya being screwed at this point depends on the level of the stern ritern he is fighting. If he is fighting a VC level guy then he might pull through this....
    Toshiro's case pretty much resembles Byakuya in terms of his winning chance. They just cannot beat their Bankai with just Shikai. It's not the same for every other captain. Komamura can even tank his Bankai's hit, I suppose. Soifon can dodge his Bankai's missile. And while that's nowhere near a comfortable state to be in a fight, they stand a chance. But in Hitsugaya and Byakuya's cases, their Bankai does not change the nature of their power and just multiply the raw state of it.
    I don't think someone like Hitsugaya, young and popular, will get to be killed so early in this arc, but then again, anything can happen at this point.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression that he, or anybody else for that matter, couldn't use his Zanpakuto abilities after he got his bankai stolen. After Hitsugaya points his sword in the air and yells for Hyorinmaru he gets no response. I thought it meant that he couldn't use his powers anymore. And it makes sense if you think about it because IIRC Bankai is a Zanpakuto's true/real form which means logically it can be completely stolen at that point. Unless that was filler lol then ignore it.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nodt did say byakuya could not possible defeat him with only his shikai after he stole his bankai though. I would think that implies nodt had reason to believe byakuya could indeed use his shikai at that point.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nodt did say byakuya could not possible defeat him with only his shikai after he stole his bankai though. I would think that implies nodt had reason to believe byakuya could indeed use his shikai at that point.
    I forgot about that but lol there you have it. It seems like you lose your shikai as well when your bankai is stolen so Yama did help Hitsugaya. Instead of Hitsugaya getting shot to death by arrows, destroyed by whatever unique ability the quincy has, destroyed by whatever the quincy's spirit weapon, and frozen to death he will only get shot to death by arrows, destroyed by whatever unique ability the quincy has, and destroyed by whatever the quincy's spirit weapon is lol. So you can scratch frozen hell off the list. Thanks Yama

But in all seriousness i doubt he will die, i actually don't think Byakuya is dead because renji still needs to surpass him and what not, BUT if he did die i would kinda love Kubo from the bottom of my heart. Not because i don't like the character but because it would be a bold move for Kubo and would really guarantee that this was a war.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

My whole point was that you do not lose your shikai when your bankai is stolen though. Yamamoto merely cancelled both by using his bankai and by deactivating it he maxed out hitsugaya's shikai and bankai.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My whole point was that you do not lose your shikai when your bankai is stolen though. Yamamoto merely cancelled both by using his bankai and by deactivating it he maxed out hitsugaya's shikai and bankai.
    Damn. Literally just reread your first post....I concede lol

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast