Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 274

Thread: Kage Summit Rematch

  1. #16
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    Pretty obvious result. Sasuke wins.

    He would have trouble against Oonoki and Tsunade because of the condition he might be in,but all in all he will still win.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  2. #17
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Archea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    Sasuke activates EMS susanoo and cuts Raikage in half with his amaterasu sword and proceeds to the next room.

    Sasuke attempts to hack Gaara down with EMS susanoo. Gaara avoids the slash and coats the Susanoo blade with his sand nullifying amaterasu on it. Gaara gives sasuke some more talk about how deep he's allowed himself to fall into the darkness. Sasuke ignores him and switches to his arrow susanoo.

    Gaara sighs as his sand clone is impaled by a susanoo arrow and converts the entire facility into sand bringing it down all around them. Gaara raises above the pounds of sand and uses sand burial on sasuke.

  3. #18
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    I think you're overestimating how quickly Gaara can ground concrete into sand. Also, his Enton sword isn't made of Enton. It's coated in it. If he wrapped his sand around the blade, the sand would simply burn away like the sand did that he was blocking Amaterasu with (he wasn't overpowering Sasuke's enton, he was just putting sand in the way of his line of sight, causeing the sand to burn away and then replacing it with new sand).

    ---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by vanyar
    @Ninjabot
    Even if Sasuke can lure A in, what's to say Sasuke can then land a hit on him? The Raikage can dodge attacks at point blank range. Also Raikage has more stamina so he can endure a drawn out battle while Sasuke can't.
    Not in mid-air he can't, lol. Sasuke could even prepare a circular wall of Amaterasu like he did against Kabuto. Raikage would then either have to leap over the flames (meaning he can't dodge an Enton Arrow shot at him cause he'd be in mid-air with nothing to run off of), or he would run straight through the Amaterasu thinking he could bum-rush Sasuke and make them both die with a kamikaze attack... only for Sasuke to arm Susanoo and punch him through the nearest pillar/wall.

    I agree with the stamina thing though, but that's why Sasuke baits him into getting hit with a sure-kill attack instead of just missing over and over.

  4. #19
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Archea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    I may be overestimating how quickly Gaara could grind concrete into sand, however the case still remains that Gaara could do it or simply coat sasuke in sand. I don't remember the exact location of kimimaro versus gaara but IIRC he pretty much created massive amounts of sand very quickly.

    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-32546-3...apter-464.html

    This pretty much shows how quick Gaara's sand is without Onoki's involvement. The enton/amaterasu was practically about to touch A's leg and Gaara managed to stop that. If the sand could be burned away I'm sure A's leg would be gone right now as well.

    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-32546-1...apter-464.html

    Here it's clear the Gaara's sand is superior to Amaterasu/Enton. Gaara even went as far as to use the existing sand he used to black Amaterasu/Enton for his Rendan Suna Shigure attack. Seen here

    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-32546-1...apter-464.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-33750-7...apter-465.html

    The sand gaara used there appears to be stemming from the ground so, it's likely he created it specifically for the purpose of blocking the debris overhead. Whatever the case gaara would prove to be a good challenge for sasuke assuming it doesn't come down to close range.

  5. #20
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    960
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    Sasuke is individually clearly stronger than the 5 Kages, but with these conditions the only one who possibly can stop Sasuke is Oonoki in Round 4 I think.

    Raikage is a one trick pony. If speedblitz doesn't work, he becomes pretty useless. Sasukes only problem is that he has to rely on Susanoo in his first fight, because he isn't capable of casting very strong Genjutsus. Otherwise he could one-shot this guy like Madara or Itachi. But he doesn't even need the full formed Susanoo. The one he used against Danzou is enough to distract Raikage so much that he can end the fight with Amaterasu, but it will take some time and chakra.

    Against Gaara he probably doesn't even need his EMS (it's another story in a desert). His speed and Raiton Jutsus could be enough, if not Amaterasu Gaaras face. However he still has to use a good amount of chakra.

    Mei is as good as fodder in front of Sasuke. There is enough place for him to Shunshin away from Meis attacks. EMS definitely not requried here. Shunshin, Kenjutsu, Sasuke wins, flawless victory, fatality. Maybe... just maybe he will use a good old Housenka for fanservice.

    Oonoki is very tough. He won't fall to Sasukes Genjutsu, he can use Clones, he can fly and thanks to his Jinton he can fight off Susanoo. If Sasuke doesn't speedblitz or Amaterasu this guy right of the bat, I can see Oonoki winning here, but I'm unsure in this one. Sasuke either lacks clones against Oonoki or a very strong Genjutsu, so that he can one-shot Raikage or take him out without using so much chakra.

    If Sasuke manages to beat Oonoki, he will destroy Tsunade without Sharingan.

  6. #21
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    Quote Originally Posted by Archea
    I may be overestimating how quickly Gaara could grind concrete into sand, however the case still remains that Gaara could do it or simply coat sasuke in sand. I don't remember the exact location of kimimaro versus gaara but IIRC he pretty much created massive amounts of sand very quickly.
    It was a wide open grassland. And while he was grinding the sand he was immobile, using smaller sand attacks to try to hit Kimimaro. He was grinding regular sand too, not concrete, meaning the amount of time would be increased considerably in the room they're fighting in.

    Quote Quote:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-32546-3...apter-464.html

    This pretty much shows how quick Gaara's sand is without Onoki's involvement. The enton/amaterasu was practically about to touch A's leg and Gaara managed to stop that. If the sand could be burned away I'm sure A's leg would be gone right now as well.
    Yeah... that sand wasn't chasing an opponent that was fleeing from it or predicting it's movements with the Sharingan. It just moved in between an immobile opponent, and an opponent that was falling from say... 4 ft. of the ground. And because Raikage was in mid air, he wasn't moving at his shunshin-level speed. Just at the speed of an average bodybuilder type man falling thanks to gravity. Not too fast especially considering the scene where Madara dodges Gaara's sand without even looking at it.
    Also, Sasuke's Kagutsuchi didn't burn through and hit Raikage's leg because Raikage neither the sand, nor Raikage's leg stayed there long enough for the flames to catch on.

    Quote Quote:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-32546-1...apter-464.html

    Here it's clear the Gaara's sand is superior to Amaterasu/Enton. Gaara even went as far as to use the existing sand he used to black Amaterasu/Enton for his Rendan Suna Shigure attack. Seen here

    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-32546-1...apter-464.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-33750-7...apter-465.html
    Superior how? The sand burns just like everything, but because Gaara can replace the sand easily aswell as guide where the flames are going by moving his sand, it gives him the perfect defense against the Enton. Provided Sasuke doesn't just focus his flames on an unmoving mound of sand.

    Quote Quote:
    The sand gaara used there appears to be stemming from the ground so, it's likely he created it specifically for the purpose of blocking the debris overhead. Whatever the case gaara would prove to be a good challenge for sasuke assuming it doesn't come down to close range.
    It could very well come down to close range though. Sasuke's shown the capacity to use Susanoo while in mid-air, so rushing him and activating Susanoo would allow him to tank the sand and mount an offensive. Atleast keep the Susanoo active long enough to get in range to Gaara, or cast a paralyzing Genjutsu through his Susanoo (we know Gaara's susceptible to optical Genjutsu, proven by the Genjutsu Niidaime Mizukage used to hide his true body, and his clam). He may be able to continue using his sand while paralyzed, but his body is undefended, meaning a strong Susanoo fist crushing through his sand defense and squashing him is entirely believable.

  7. #22
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    Raikage would take some time but sasuke pulls it off
    Kirin would butt rape gaara
    after that i see him puttering out

  8. #23
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    Regarding Gaara's sand, the guy could create a sand avalanche after just a little exchange against Kimimaro.

    An idea on how much sand Gaara can create, enough to cover a part of a forest in sand

  9. #24
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    I see no way that Sasuke makes it through the Kages. Raikage probably can't take Sasuke, but Sasuke is going to have to put forth some serious effort to take out A. The reality is A is fast enough to avoid every single one of Sasuke's attacks. He isn't going to use the same approach he took during the last battle because he is now aware of Sasuke's Susanoo, so he is likely to be far more cautious. Sasuke is going to be forced to maintain his Susanoo for quite some time. The only question is how much chakra A can force Sasuke to waste. I think A has the potential to take this quite the distance; forcing chakra drain to maintain his defensive barrier, and further chakra usage utilising attacks in order to defeat him.

    If Raikage pushes Sasuke hard, Gaara could probably end his run here. Gaara is a pain to fight absolutely anywhere. Obviously if this match was in the desert, Gaara would absolutely wreck Sasuke at this point, but even in the room he is going to be quite formidable. I'd lean toward Gaara for this if Raikage has done his job.

    If Sasuke somehow manages to make it to Mei, I don't see how he is going to be in any significantly better condition than the last time he met her. She may not have the speed or defense of Gaara, but in an enclosed area with Sasuke at what is undoubtedly going to be less than spectacular condition, she should probably last long enough to take Sasuke. Nothing less than some seriously heavy doses of luck in Sasuke's first two battles is going to allow him to make it pass this test.

    Oonoki takes Sasuke. It wouldn't even be close, if Sasuke somehow magically made it this far. This one is the last stop regardless of how well Sasuke has fared in the first three matches.

    Tsunade.....RAAAAAWRRRRRR. Victory is Ours.

  10. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    The only question is how much chakra A can force Sasuke to waste. I think A has the potential to take this quite the distance; forcing chakra drain to maintain his defensive barrier, and further chakra usage utilising attacks in order to defeat him.
    Lol you speak as if A can actually outsmart Sasuke.

    All it takes is a figurative middle finger and A will ram into a wall of Amaterasu, willingly - he's that emotional.

    If anything, it's more realistic that the fight will end up with Sasuke tricking A than otherwise.

    Quote Quote:
    If Raikage pushes Sasuke hard, Gaara could probably end his run here. Gaara is a pain to fight absolutely anywhere. Obviously if this match was in the desert, Gaara would absolutely wreck Sasuke at this point, but even in the room he is going to be quite formidable. I'd lean toward Gaara for this if Raikage has done his job.
    That's really a very big 'if' there.

    You are expecting A to actually outsmart someone who is like ten times smarter than him.

    Gaara is innovative, however, against Sasuke who is equally innovative but with more fire power, speed and tactical options, the outcome is all but certain.

    Quote Quote:
    If Sasuke somehow manages to make it to Mei, I don't see how he is going to be in any significantly better condition than the last time he met her.
    I disagree. Sasuke would be in a far better position, mainly because his abilties have since improved significantly. For one, He doesn't even need to bleed his eye anymore to initiate Amaterasu.

    In fact, judging from how slow Mei's jutsu-casting is, she'll probably get hit by an Amaterasu boomerang from Susanoo (which is instantaneous) before she can even make her first hand seal.

    Mei the slow-caster vs instant Amaterasu. She wouldn't even be able to run.

    ----------------------------------------------------

    Tsunade is as useless as a punching bag.

    The only Kage who actually has a chance is Onoki.
    Last edited by Ryr; October 04, 2012 at 09:18 AM.

  11. #26
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    I really can't see Sasuke getting past Ee. Saying Sasuke is smarter is not an argument. Sasuke is smarter but that doesn't explain how he can hit an opponent who can dodge attacks at point blank range.

    The best Sasuke can hope for is too win at severe cost of chakra in which case he gets demolished by Gaara.

  12. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    Quote Originally Posted by vanyar View Post
    Saying Sasuke is smarter is not an argument. Sasuke is smarter but that doesn't explain how he can hit an opponent who can dodge attacks at point blank range.
    Sasuke already did. Have you been reading the manga?

  13. #28
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    Lol you speak as if A can actually outsmart Sasuke.

    All it takes is a figurative middle finger and A will ram into a wall of Amaterasu, willingly - he's that emotional.

    If anything, it's more realistic that the fight will end up with Sasuke tricking A than otherwise.
    Emotional, yes. Completely idiotic, not so much. Raikage was extremely emotional the last time he fought Sasuke, Sasuke being the one responsible for the attack on his brother angered A a bit. A is aware of Sasuke's abilities, and he's shown that he is capable of avoiding every single one of them. It's going to take quite some time for Sasuke to take out A, and it's also going to take quite a bit of chakra.


    Quote Quote:
    That's really a very big 'if' there.

    You are expecting A to actually outsmart someone who is like ten times smarter than him.

    Gaara is innovative, however, against Sasuke who is equally innovative but with more fire power, speed and tactical options, the outcome is all but certain..
    I don't think it's a big 'if'. We've seen a match-up between Sasuke and A. We've seen that to handle him Sasuke needs to maintain his Susanoo, and we've seen that A can avoid anything Sasuke throws at him. Now that A is aware of Sasuke's techniques, he is likely to be far better prepared for them. Your assumption is that suddenly Raikage is just going to run straight at Sasuke, and take an Amaterasu to the face, which is just ridiculous. You haven't shown how Sasuke effectively handles A's speed.

    Quote Quote:
    I disagree. Sasuke would be in a far better position, mainly because his abilties have since improved significantly. For one, He doesn't even need to bleed his eye anymore to initiate Amaterasu.

    In fact, judging from how slow Mei's jutsu-casting is, she'll probably get hit by an Amaterasu boomerang from Susanoo (which is instantaneous) before she can even make her first hand seal.

    Mei the slow-caster vs instant Amaterasu. She wouldn't even be able to run..
    Funny how it was necessary for Zetsu to step in to save him in his last bout with Mei.


    Quote Quote:
    Tsunade is as useless as a punching bag.

    The only Kage who actually has a chance is Onoki.
    Tsunade isn't going to get the opportunity to face him. And if she did, she'd offer more of a threat than you give her credit for. Anyone that can rage against 5 Susanoos while being simultaneously impaled by two Susanoo blades, after being pierced by some gigantic tree branch is not as useless as a punching bag.

    And Oonoki wrecks Sasuke by the time Sasuke manages, by some miracle, to make it as far as him.

  14. #29
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    Sasuke cannot hit the Raikage if he is actively dodging, he didn't dodge chidori because he had no need to. To summarise Sasuke can't hit the Raikage, he has less chakra than the Raikage which means the Raikage can outlast him. Saying Sasuke is smarter is no argument in itself, the Raikage has fought genius shinobi and fared very well.

  15. #30
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kage Summit Rematch

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortality
    I don't think it's a big 'if'. We've seen a match-up between Sasuke and A. We've seen that to handle him Sasuke needs to maintain his Susanoo, and we've seen that A can avoid anything Sasuke throws at him. Now that A is aware of Sasuke's techniques, he is likely to be far better prepared for them. Your assumption is that suddenly Raikage is just going to run straight at Sasuke, and take an Amaterasu to the face, which is just ridiculous. You haven't shown how Sasuke effectively handles A's speed.
    At the beginning of Sasuke's fight with A, without Susanoo, he dodged his point-blank elbow and planted a Chidori in his chest. That's canon proof that Susanoo isn't required to put up a fight. So that's how he handles his speed: by handling it the exact way he's already done, lol.

    Quite simply, dodging a straight-forward attack before insta-summoning Susanoo to smash into Raikage both knocks the opponent back and gives Sasuke time to focus an Amaterasu and light him up while Raikage recovers from the wall or pillar that he just got crushed into.

    Quote Originally Posted by vanyar
    Sasuke cannot hit the Raikage if he is actively dodging, he didn't dodge chidori because he had no need to. To summarise Sasuke can't hit the Raikage, he has less chakra than the Raikage which means the Raikage can outlast him. Saying Sasuke is smarter is no argument in itself, the Raikage has fought genius shinobi and fared very well.
    No. He didn't dodge Chidori because he was commited to an attack already. Even if he'd stopped his elbow, the momentum would've still driven him forward and taken a second for him to stop himself and flee the coming Chidori. Make no mistake: that Chidori was masterfully planted. And if he's already actively dodging (running around in circles to disorient Sasuke), then tracing his movements and placing an attack in front of Raikage forces him to stop to change direction. It'd be just like how Sasuke and Itachi hit Kabuto. Sure, they couldn't touch him thanks to his sensing abilities. But by faking him out and making him pay attention to a feint attack, they used a distraction to make sure his tail was shot.

    The same thing happens here. Sasuke fires an Enton and A hops over it, only to get grabbed by a Susanoo hand because he can't shunshin while in mid air. Then Sasuke just slams him down into the stationary Amaterasu and holds him there until he turns to ash, lol.

New Reply
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts